Quantcast x pass? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: x pass?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Well, no one really knows the details yet, since Disney hasn't given any. There are, apparently, lots of different ways it could be implemented.

However, I don't think the Standby line is going to be eliminated. Instead, the NextGen will give you more options in obtaining fastpasses ahead of your trip, if you want to.

Considering how many visitors to WDW still don't know what Fastpass is, that it's free, and how to use it, I'm confident that this new stuff will be "for the regulars", the mega fans who go every year, plan their ADRs 180 days out, etc. They will still likely anticipate somewhere north of 50% of the park visitors will go the "old fashioned" route.
    Thank you for that explanation. It makes sense that way. It still sounds a little fishy to me, but that mitigates my concerns a bit. I do make my ADRs at 180, I'm working on the "go every year" thing, and sadly, I actually have an August 2012 itinerary on my laptop.

Also, I suppose it would be handy to have that first ride on Dumbo secured before our visit.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So now I guess FastPassers will be glaring and whining as XPassers just keep passing them by in line. And as for Standby folks, I guess they should just stay home.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

However, I don't think the Standby line is going to be eliminated. Instead, the NextGen will give you more options in obtaining fastpasses ahead of your trip, if you want to.
    I totally agree with you, however, I wonder how many people thought "walk ups" for restaurants would never be completely eliminated???? While I know they haven't been completely eliminated, some of the more popular places, Ohana's and Le Cellier to name a few, are already very hard to get into, and a lot of time you can't get in as a walk up. I wonder if, given time, the more popular rides will end up the same? I really, really hope not!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Instead, the NextGen will give you more options in obtaining fastpasses ahead of your trip, if you want to.
    The thing that concerns me about this is will these ADR-type FPs come out of the total for the day. As it is, many popular rides run out of FPs early in the day - this could make it impossible for folks to get one unless they schedule themselves to death.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by biodtl View Post
    will these ADR-type FPs come out of the total for the day.
    They would have to, as the ride's daily capacity can't be expanded, and the current FP system "maxes out" the number of guests that they can offer positions to, without killing the Standby line (walk-ups) completely.

Quote Originally Posted by biodtl View Post
    As it is, many popular rides run out of FPs early in the day - this could make it impossible for folks to get one unless they schedule themselves to death.
    Exactly.

Fewer in-park FP's.
    In fact, if they are to accommodate a large number of Resort guests with FP's to the more popular attractions, the in-park FP's could easily disappear completely.

For those who think that Disney would only grab "half" the FP's for Resort guests' early reserved spots.
    Half the number of FP's per day for, say, TSM, would not even begin to take care of enough early "FP-ADR" guests to make it worthwhile to even discuss as a "perk" for those guests.

Since TSM is THE (current) most-popular FP at WDW, if a guest can't even GET a "FP-ADR" (due to extreme popularity) for TSM on a day that they will be at DHS, then what's the point of this whole "program?"

I mean, who cares about getting a "FP-ADR" for The Land or Maelstrom, six months in advance?

It's the BIGGIES (Soarin', Space Mtn., TSM, Exped Everest, Safari) that guests would want as a FP-ADR. They will likely run out in 10-30 minutes after the reservation window opens.

Post Thanks / Like

I love planning... And I think ADR's are great... BUT the time it will take to plan my rides out in advance would not be worth it... I wonder how they plan on working rehabs? I.e. Splash mountain is never announced being down in Jan until late in the year... What if in Aug you reserve a Jan splash mtn time? Or if the ride breaks down... Not a biggie now since rides are more spontaneous.

First time I go to DW and can't do half of what I want without planning every 30 minutes 180 days out, I'll be packing up and heading over to Harry Potter...
    Sep '15 - VWL/3 night Cruise on Dream
    Jan '15 - BLT and Vero Beach
    Jan '14 - Disneyland Hotel
    Sept '13 - AKL
    Jun '13 - Pop Century
    Dec '12 - Saratoga Springs
    Feb '12 - Port Orleans FQ
    '10 - AS Music
    '08 - Pop Century
    '05 - Contemporary
    '03 - Carribean Beach
    '96 - offsite
    '95 - offsite

Post Thanks / Like

If they really do intend to "schedule" FP's for resort guests...

That program has the potential of making a few thousand guests happy.

It also has the potential of making millions of other guests angry.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with most that I don't want to plan every aspect of my trip in advance. Infact I enjoy having new experiences and at my own pace. However, we still don't know any of the FACTS of what this is all about, everything is speculation right now.

change is a funny thing for us human's. we tend not to like it (even when it can be for the better)
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    However, we still don't know any of the FACTS of what this is all about, everything is speculation right now.
    Exactly! Waiting patiently for any info on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We never plan for ADR's as it seems like you
    always have to wait no mater what time your
    ADR is for. As for the fasspass we always try to
    get back during the window that we have. We
    have never been more than a few minutes late
    at times. If you have a certain time to be back
    then you should do your best to get there at
    that time at least that is my feeling on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I am one of those that hate planning our trip. I hate having reservations for dining, I hate fast pass, etc. I love being able to relax and not look at my watch when I am at Disney. We will make reservations once in a while for a restaurant, but do not schedule them day after day. I hate having to plan what and where I am just for dining. So, I will no doubt frown upon an xpass.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I'm actually seeing some buzz about Disney recently testing in some spots how Fastpass was originally intended to work - guests actually having to return during the hour window on their FP. Also reports are indicating that CMs are no longer advising guests that the return times are open-ended, like they have in the past.
    Oh no...we used to always return "late". Although, I understand why they might want to enforce the window. However, how can they account for lateness that is not the guest's fault? Like, ride breakdowns, or longer than posted waits at other rides, longer than usual lines at food/merchandise spots, etc.? Isn't that why the return time is open ended?
    Interesting topic. Just got back, and happened across a number of new CMs getting trained (Maybe it's turnover season for college program?) As far as FP is concerned I overheard CMs at two locations explicitly state that the FPs should always be accepted after the start time has passed, no matter how late it is.

One day, Toy Story Mania broke down for most of the day. We had gotten fastpasses for it, with our window starting at around 10:15. 10:30 rolls around and it's still down, but we want to ride something else. All the other major rides now had extra long lines because of TSM being down. Tower of Terror had a 50 min posted wait time so we decided to FastPass it, do Rock N Roller Coaster, and come back. Only problem was, we were still blocked out of getting FastPasses, but our current ones were unusable due to ride breakdown. A CM overheard us and didn't even blink in printing us ToT FPs even though we weren't entitled to them.

Moral of the story is from what I saw, CMs are still being trained to accommodate the guests as best they can as far as FP goes. If they start enforcing return times and take that too bad, so sad mentality, it's not going to be pretty.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I would LIKE to see them enforce this. I dont think its very fair to allow you to come anytime that day with a pass that has the time on it and in 2007 we were turned away a few times bc our passes were not within the hour anymore. If the ride is important enough for you to get a fastpass, then I think you should be there in your window to use it and i think you SHOULD use them if you get them. Getting them and then just throwing them out is completely irresponsible. There was somebody else who wanted that ticket,fo sho!
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    One day, Toy Story Mania broke down for most of the day. We had gotten fastpasses for it, with our window starting at around 10:15. 10:30 rolls around and it's still down, but we want to ride something else. All the other major rides now had extra long lines because of TSM being down. Tower of Terror had a 50 min posted wait time so we decided to FastPass it, do Rock N Roller Coaster, and come back. Only problem was, we were still blocked out of getting FastPasses, but our current ones were unusable due to ride breakdown. A CM overheard us and didn't even blink in printing us ToT FPs even though we weren't entitled to them.
    Why would you be blocked out of ToT FastPasses if it was 10:30? If your TSM FP had a return time of 10:15, that's when another FP was available to you.

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Which is precisely why, if this stupid "NextGen" garbage turns out to be half as bad as it sounds...
    I refuse to be forced to plan out every split-second of my vacation just to avoid being shut out of rides, character meet-and-greets, and restaurants ... you know, all the stuff I'm actually, well, there for?
    I totally agree! It's one thing to make dining reservations but to have to plan ahead for rides and character meet & greets - that's just getting RIDICULOUS!!!!!
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

Since this new x-pass is still speculation. I will try to reserve judgement. I will say; if this new plan requires more planning on my part in addition to the nightmare ADR's. You can count me out. I can honestly say that I do not know what park I will be in, on any given day of my trip. That is why I get the park-hopper tickets. If one park is crowded, then I just go to another. The idea of planning fast-passes in advance is not a vacation in my book.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Just to go back to fast passes for a minute.

We were at Hollywood Studios yesterday. As we walked in the front they were doing announcements like "wait times can be found on the chalkboard". I wasn't paying any attention, but my husband said. "Hey, I didn't know that fast passes could be used after the end time."

Not sure if it was just for Labor Day weekend, but they did announce it.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysBestPal View Post
    If they really do intend to "schedule" FP's for resort guests...

That program has the potential of making a few thousand guests happy.

It also has the potential of making millions of other guests angry.

I totally agree. It will take any park spontaneity out of the equation!
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Ian, I agree 100%.

We are at a point now that even our ADRs seem like such a headache. I hate having to watch the clock to keep track of our next meal. If we have to have a complete schedule of meals, rides, character meets, then the trip becomes not at all enjoyable, and we'd rather spend our time and money elsewhere. I really hope it doesn't come to this.
    And I agree with both of you, I think this would completely kill the Disney Magic for me and my family. I hope the "Powers That Be" monitor this site and listen to the reactions of some of the most obsessed Disney fans!!

Urbs
    Cresson, PA

Off Site - 76, 79, 82, 90
    Dixie Landings - 97
    Contemporary - 03
    ASM - 9/08
    PC 10/09 & 10/10
    FQ 11/12
    BW & CB 6/13
    Off Site (Parkway International) 9/13
    Shades of Green 9/14
    DCL (Wonder) 10/14
    AK Lodge & BW 5/15
    FW 9/15
    Shades of Green 3/16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Too much

I get so exhausted trying to manage ADRs and FPs along with show times - we don’t want to sit in air conditioned FOTLK soaking wet from KRR, right?.

I am willing to trek to the attraction to get FPs and come back later for the “experience” but if we’re a little late in getting back during the return time hour will somebody please give us a small break?

I hope I never see restrooms at WDW with two entrances, one marked “Standby” and the other showing a FastPee Return Time.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: