Quantcast UGGGGHHHHHHh!!!!! Beach club pool closing?!?!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default UGGGGHHHHHHh!!!!! Beach club pool closing?!?!

I JUST TODAY changed a day from Port Orleans to the beach club ONLY for my kids to enjoy the pool. And I just read this!!!!

The Stormalong Bay pool slide will be closed to guests beginning May 2 until late in May. The rest of the Stormalong Bay pool complex, including the kiddie slide and pool, will remain open. Guests at the Yacht and Beach Club can use the large water slide at the Luna Park pool at the Boardwalk Resort. Shuttle transportation will be available.

Can someone confirm and/or tell me this is not a big deal?
    10/13 - ASSp
    06/13 - POR
    03/13 - COR
    12/12 - POR
    10/12 - AoA
    04/12 - POP
    02/12 - POP, Dream, ASMo
    11/11 - All Star Vacation Home & FWC
    5/11 - POFQ - D23 Destination D
    05/10 - POR & BC
    1976 - 1st visit & many childhood visits after!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay...so I'm looking for pics of this slide. I have little ones, it *looks* like maybe that would have been too much for them anyway? Is the rest of the pool still open? My oldest is actually 9, but still a bit of a chicken in the water. Is there an age/size limit on the kiddie slide?
    10/13 - ASSp
    06/13 - POR
    03/13 - COR
    12/12 - POR
    10/12 - AoA
    04/12 - POP
    02/12 - POP, Dream, ASMo
    05/10 - POR & BC

Post Thanks / Like

it reay irks me that WDW travel didn't tell me that when I booked it TODAY!!! :-(
    10/13 - ASSp
    06/13 - POR
    03/13 - COR
    12/12 - POR
    10/12 - AoA
    04/12 - POP
    02/12 - POP, Dream, ASMo
    05/10 - POR & BC

Post Thanks / Like

The main slide may have been too much for the little ones, depending on how little. I can't recall if they post a limit on the kids slide but I can tell your our younger ones (3) loved it and our 11 year old probably used it until he was 9. I don't think they will care if your 9 year old rides it.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there a few years ago during a rehab. The entire pool was affected, but they closed and opened it in sections. The large slide re-opened while were there and although my daughter used it, as a parent, I hated it. I would walk her across the public pathway to the stairs for the slide entrance, then run back to wait for her at the slide exit into the pool. Not fun at all. She actually only went down it a few times, because she said it hurt her back a little bit and she didn't really like the enclosed section of the slide.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TammiMcMan View Post
    as a parent, I hated it. I would walk her across the public pathway to the stairs for the slide entrance, then run back to wait for her at the slide exit into the pool. Not fun at all.
    You know what would have been fun? And easier? If you went down the slide after her!

That's how we roll when we stay at resorts with water slides.

Seriously, though, the large slide is NOT suitable for kids under, about 5. The kids CANNOT go down that slide with any sort of flotation device on. They have to be a STRONG swimmer in order to escape the current at the end of the slide UNASSISTED. You cannot wait at the bottom and "catch" them.

The kiddie slide and pool at the back of the ship is not affected by this rehab, and that should be plenty fun for your little ones (my four year old LOVED it, because he couldn't go down the big slide with his brother, since he's not an independent swimmer yet).

The rest of the pool is STILL completely awesome, and worth staying at BC/YC, so don't feel badly.

While our sons loved the slides, what they loved MORE was that HUGE sandy play pool for the kids. We spent the majority of our time in that area.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

We went "off-season" to All-Star Movie once and did not know before that the Fantasia pool (by our room) was refurb. They had another pool across the complex but --- I wish Disney would be better at disclosing pool refurbs since that is a big part of a resort experience that you have paid for.
    Nov15-MVMCP; Mar12-Poly!; Dec11-MVMCP; Dec10-MVMCP; Oct10-CBR; May10-WL; Oct07-10k Race4Taste; Jul07; May07-5k Minnie; Jan07; Dec06-MVMCP; Oct06-ASM MNSSHP; Feb06-Poly!; Dec04; Nov02

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: