Quantcast New Annual Passholders-when do we get our bands?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Annual Passholders-when do we get our bands?

Hi everyone, we bought annual passes a few months ago for a trip in sept. When do we get the magic bands? Do they mail them to us? Will they already be activated or do we need to stop Y our resort firs before heading to parks on arrival day?
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you already picked up your AP, I'm assuming not. Once it is activated you will be able to order a band on MDE and have it shipped home. They're the same as the regular bands, nothing special.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Saying what Lynn said, but in a slightly different manner.

You do get Magic Bands with an AP (they're just the regular ol' bands, nothing special. BUT you will NOT get them for the first trip with the AP. Once the AP has been activated (which can only happen at WDW), you will then see a link in your MDE for you to customize bands. Once you've done that, the bands will be produced and mailed to your house.

So, if you have other bands from a previous trip, bring them. If you're staying on property, you'll still get bands for that anyway, so be sure to customize them in time for them to be mailed to you.

Recently, I have heard of people being able to pick up AP bands at a couple of places in the parks (I don't remember where), once they've activated their AP. Still the basic bands. Could pick the color, but no customization (no printing on them). You might ask when you activate your AP.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a band I liked and just added my AP to it while I was there
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

So we won’t get bands until we check into resort on the first day of trip? Can the hotel then activate them to start? I’m so confused ��
    Tara

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie-mouse View Post
    So we won’t get bands until we check into resort on the first day of trip? Can the hotel then activate them to start? I’m so confused ��
    You should have bands for your resort stay which are shipped to you about 30 days prior, did you go on MDE and take care of that? The AP bands are totally separate, not sure why you would need them right away since you are staying on-site. Steve mentioned you may be able to pick them up there (not customized), otherwise you can order them when you return home.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Yes my husband said he ordered regular bands when he bought the annual passes but we have not received them. We don’t need customized ones.
    Tara

Post Thanks / Like

Yes my husband said he ordered regular bands when he bought the annual passes but we have not received them. We don’t need customized ones.
    If you ordered MagicBand(s) for your upcoming trip, you should get them sometime within the 45 day period prior to your trip. They hold off that long to allow for cancellations.

Once you activate your AP, you can go to Guest Services and request a 'Passholder Slider' to put on your MagicBand(s) or you can purchase a Passholder-specific MagicBand in the parks. There are many styles and patterns to choose from, but they are NOT 'free'....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

So even though I will have the magic band I still have to go to guest relations to activate them? Can they just activate them when we check into our hotel?
    Tara

Post Thanks / Like

So even though I will have the magic band I still have to go to guest relations to activate them? Can they just activate them when we check into our hotel?
    Your MagicBand will be active with your RESORT reservation. You need to go to Guest Relations to activate your ANNUAL PASS. A bit confusing, but you will definitely want/need to activate your Annual Pass before entering a park, but you can get into your room right away.

I do not believe they can activate an AP at the resort. BUT, I may be wrong about that. Check with the Concierge Desk at the resort....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, your AP must be activated before it can be used. It can ONLY be activated at WDW. It CANNOT be activated at your resort. It CAN be activated at any Guest Relations location OR at any ticket booth at any park (including the water parks).

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

If you have your Disney World app on your phone, your AP will be on there. I used mine to get free parking and get into the park before I bought a Magic Band and attached it to my account.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: