Quantcast What do you think of people who...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you think of people who...

Sit down right in the middle of a row for a show after being repeatedly told to move all the way down to the end? We had this experience last time we went for the Nemo Musical. Some folks were blocking us up for a bit because they wouldn't move down. They said they waited in line over an hour and that they were going to sit where they wanted. Everyone had to climb over them. I'm sure they had sore feet and knees by the time everyone got done trampling over them. Anyone else have this experience? Is this acceptable?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless told otherwise, it's not allowed (and there usually are announcements to move all the way down). If this happens to me, I'll just stand there until they move
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Sam the Eagle: Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.

Enough said.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

These people were told over and over again to move. The CM was practically screaming into the microphone for these people to move all the way down, but they would not budge. I thought it was pretty rude. There's really not a bad seat in the house anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Happens too often. Extremely rude. They are miserable people that break the rules and have miserable lives. Pity them.

I just stand and point at them calling for a Cast Member. If a CM doesn't move them I step on their feet as I go past them. I'm pretty big and I'm pretty sure they regret stopping in front of me. Two wrongs don't make a right but it makes me feel good.
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that in general there's not a bad seat in the house, but if I am trying to improve my chances of sitting in the middle of a row, I hold back BEFORE entering the row until I judge enough people have gone in to get me towards the middle. Sometimes I'll even move forwards or backwards a row based on how full that row happends to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Rude, rude, rude.
    Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    Sam the Eagle: Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.

Enough said.
    I agree with the PP, if you don't want to be on the end, hang back for a second.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jbernardis View Post
    I agree that in general there's not a bad seat in the house, but if I am trying to improve my chances of sitting in the middle of a row, I hold back BEFORE entering the row until I judge enough people have gone in to get me towards the middle. Sometimes I'll even move forwards or backwards a row based on how full that row happends to be.
    This is a better way to do it, if one feels the need for some discrete jockeying.

Of course, I have the benefit of having been to Disney several times. I can gauge the crowd and where to wait in the 'holding tank' before entering the main theatre.
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

Smile What's your hurry

I always hang back, learned to do this when kids were little. To many people rushing to be first thinking it will get them a better seat. Since the show starts at the same time for every one and all the seats are good I'll just hang back and enjoy my vacation thank you
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

DW is a Disney travel agent and we were actually just talking about this kind of thing last night.

I don't know what it is about some people that makes them feel so entitled. One of her co-workers got a phone call from a woman yesterday screaming at her because all the Fastpasses were gone for Toy Story Mania when she got there and how could they give them all out before she got one, etc. etc. etc. And this kind of thing happens all the time. Another agent got a call the other day from a woman who was absolutely furious that the Cast Members at Magic Kingdom wouldn't let her in at 8AM. She was a resort guest, didn't they understand that?? The agent tried to explain how EMH works and the woman just didn't want to hear it.

I actually gave up even bothering with these people anymore. I realized long ago that if I let the jerks in WDW ruin my vacation I'd never have any fun, because there are just so many of them!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. With some it's about entitlement. "I've been waiting an hour so...". Whatever. I don't really care where I sit anymore for the shows. We also usually hang back. It's always a mad rush when the doors open of rude people pushing and cutting you and your family/kids off. I've had to ask on more than one occassion can I please move past you so I can join the rest of my family (because another person pushed past and got between us, also leaving their family behind). Also add to this the person who gets in line ahead of you alone then waives 10-20 other people in their group up to join them. Please, stay together with your group and get in line together. I don't get why that one person can't go BACK and join the rest of their group. I get it if it's a mom and couple of kids who went to bathroom or got fast passes but I am talking about these large families or groups.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    Also add to this the person who gets in line ahead of you alone then waives 10-20 other people in their group up to join them. Please, stay together with your group and get in line together. I don't get why that one person can't go BACK and join the rest of their group. I get it if it's a mom and couple of kids who went to bathroom or got fast passes but I am talking about these large families or groups.
    I love those people!
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

This is why I do not hurt myself trying to get through that door first, and I'm sure those people were probably anxious and in enough of a rush to run into the door and where do you go? to the seats right away... down to the very end. they'll learn soon enough. and it's not everyone' else's fault they waited over an hour for a show.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

I don't know what it is about some people that makes them feel so entitled. One of her co-workers got a phone call from a woman yesterday screaming at her because all the Fastpasses were gone for Toy Story Mania when she got there and how could they give them all out before she got one, etc. etc. etc. And this kind of thing happens all the time. Another agent got a call the other day from a woman who was absolutely furious that the Cast Members at Magic Kingdom wouldn't let her in at 8AM. She was a resort guest, didn't they understand that?? The agent tried to explain how EMH works and the woman just didn't want to hear it.[/I]
    WDW is a very popular, public place. Where anyone can go to it... even crazy people who think they world owes them something. It's a darn shame. And I would definitely never take that behavior personal in anyway. People act out the same way at the grocery store over a bag of ham. I've seen it happen.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

This happened to me on my last trip at PhilharMagic. I just don't understand the mindset, they are saying over the loudspeaker to move all the way down and these people plop down and don't budge. I just stood there while traffic backed up behind me until they finally moved down.
    Last trips: August 06, May 07, November 08, June 09
    Next trip: May 21-30, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

I actually perfer the end and will climb over the folks who stopped in the middle.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the sense of entitlement is what is the most troubling. What makes them better than anyone else?
    I call these people "jerks".
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    I call these people "jerks".
    Yeah, it's funny ... For years I've seen people on INTERCOT start posts about the stroller people or the ECV people or the smokers or the line jumpers or the reusable mug abusers or the picture takers on rides or any number of anti-social things their fellow park goers do and almost every time I reply with something along the lines of, "It has nothing to do with people with strollers or people with ECV's or smokers or whatever ... the people are just jerks. They're all the same people."

The people who run you down with their strollers when their kids are little are the same people who run you down with their ECVs when they're older. They're the same people who butt in line or encourage their kids to butt in line. They're the same people who don't move all the way down to the end of the row. They're all the same.

And yes ... they're called (in INTERCOT-friendly terms) "jerks."
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I think that I wish I could wear stiletto heels...LOL

From a 300# guy with big feet, a heel like that coming down on their foot would make them think twice (or more) about stopping in the center of the row!!

Seriously, I just try to make the best of it and go around them ...I've beenthere enough to know that just about every viewing position for the shows is good.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

How are kids supposed to learn common courtesy and good behavior if their parents don't do those things

Sorry, I'm a teacher, lol.
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: