Quantcast Fort Wilderness DVC

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fort Wilderness DVC

I'm posting this here for now as it really is only a rumor at this point, but all signs are pointing to this being actual legit news so if the mods feel this should go to the DVC thread, then by all means....

Plans have been submitted by Disney for DVC villas to be added to Fort Wilderness...

As per Epcyclopedia's site:

http://www.epcyclopedia.com/2012/04/...truction-soon/

So, what could be next after GF and Fort Wilderness??? My guess is Polynesian... Now that DVC project is one worth watching...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a strange place to put DVC...they already have V@WL so I wonder what the "theme" would be?

I'm all for Poly villas though.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

They already have the cabins, so why not "sell" them to DVC members and not have to worry so much on upkeep, etc.

Very strang indees, however pretty much all the other deluxe hotels have DVC already don't they? Poly would be the last one (and yacht club, but that's really Beach Club anyway in my eyes).

Post Thanks / Like

Well this will make use of the waste land known as River Country... The theme will probably be Wild West whereas Wilderness Lodge theme is more like forest area/national park type setting... I guess the best way to describe it would be a 17th century settlement post, not a lodge in the woods (Wilderness Lodge) for I guess hunters... That's the best I can try to describe it...

And supposedly this is 1 of five or six DVC locations being planned... Other than Poly and a second tower at Contemporary, I cannot even begin to think where the other DVCs could go... Epcot World Showcase perhaps??? And yes, that has been a rumor before...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    And supposedly this is 1 of five or six DVC locations being planned... Other than Poly and a second tower at Contemporary, I cannot even begin to think where the other DVCs could go... Epcot World Showcase perhaps??? And yes, that has been a rumor before...
    OMG, World Showcase !?! I think it would be so bizarro to have a DVC resort in-park...but then again imagine the premium they could charge lol. $$$

I know a few years back the sights were set on non theme park locations. Cabo was one place, also somewhere in the mountains for a ski resort was being looked at, and that whole DC area thing they pulled out of. However I don't know if they've changed focus again and just figure the theme park locations are their money maker. Don't have to purchase the land since it's already owned by the company for one.

IDK they'd have to make something pretty special for me to want to buy at Ft. Wilderness. But , they do have all that land back there. Interesting to see what develops with this.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    OMG, World Showcase !?! I think it would be so bizarro to have a DVC resort in-park...but then again imagine the premium they could charge lol. $$$

I know a few years back the sights were set on non theme park locations. Cabo was one place, also somewhere in the mountains for a ski resort was being looked at, and that whole DC area thing they pulled out of. However I don't know if they've changed focus again and just figure the theme park locations are their money maker. Don't have to purchase the land since it's already owned by the company for one.

IDK they'd have to make something pretty special for me to want to buy at Ft. Wilderness. But , they do have all that land back there. Interesting to see what develops with this.
    I'm a DVC member too and I'd HATE HATE HATE DVC attached to World Showcase... Now, if they wanted to build DVC by Epcot, then I'd be OK with that... But to attach it to the park??? I dunno... IF, and again, it is IF, they are really planning to do something like that, they have to do it right... And I do not trust them to do it right...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a DVC member too and I'd HATE HATE HATE DVC attached to World Showcase... Now, if they wanted to build DVC by Epcot, then I'd be OK with that... But to attach it to the park??? I dunno... IF, and again, it is IF, they are really planning to do something like that, they have to do it right... And I do not trust them to do it right...
    Yes another by Epcot would be good, outside of the park if done right, would be great.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes another by Epcot would be good, outside of the park if done right, would be great.
    I wish I was good at Photoshop because I came up with a concept dealing with putting the DVC attached to World Showcase where it wouldn't be obtrusive... But then again, do they really care about obtrusive??? I'm talking to you Swan and Dolphin!!!

Post Thanks / Like

They certainly "did it right" in California.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    They certainly "did it right" in California.
    I view that as a whole different animal.. We are talking backstage in World Showcase... I admit though, I am not familiar with the layout of the Paradise Pier Hotel, right??? How much backstage is visible from the hotel???

Now, if the hotel is built by International Gateway and that gateway is used as the entrance to the park from the resort, and the views from the hotel do not include backstage, then I'd consider that done right... But there isn't enough room over there, looking at Google Earth... Thanks to Yacht and Beach Club...

So, if they put it behind World Showcase or actually IN world Showcase, I dunno... I don't trust that to be done right...

Post Thanks / Like

So, what could be next after GF and Fort Wilderness??? My guess is Polynesian... Now that DVC project is one worth watching...
    Very interesting! Thanks for the info! I would love to stay at Poly if it became DVC, though i am sure the point allocation would be completely out of the realm of possibility for DBF and I unless we skipped a year....

But then again, do they really care about obtrusive??? I'm talking to you Swan and Dolphin!!!
    MUHAHAHA! THANK YOU! That literally made laugh out loud.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    Very interesting! Thanks for the info! I would love to stay at Poly if it became DVC, though i am sure the point allocation would be completely out of the realm of possibility for DBF and I unless we skipped a year....

MUHAHAHA! THANK YOU! That literally made laugh out loud.
    I'm also trying to figure out how they would do DVC in Polynesian... I mean, they COULD designate one section to DVC... But something tells me any addition to Poly for DVC would include, um, tearing down the entire Poly resort... Which kind of fits into the rumors of the Grand Ceremonial House needing to be rebuilt for one reason or another... But, any Poly DVC would be years away so everything would be rumors or just arm chair imagineering...

Post Thanks / Like

That's a strange place to put DVC...they already have V@WL so I wonder what the "theme" would be?
    I was thinking the same thing but then began digging around online for Disney hotels that never came to be. I found the Fort Wilderness Junction concept which was scrapped in the early 1990's. It was to be setup similar to the boardwalk area with a Wild West theme. Maybe?
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I was thinking the same thing but then began digging around online for Disney hotels that never came to be. I found the Fort Wilderness Junction concept which was scrapped in the early 1990's. It was to be setup similar to the boardwalk area with a Wild West theme. Maybe?
    This...

I understand there may be some train that would be coming back... I believe the Fort Wilderness Railroad????

Post Thanks / Like

But, any Poly DVC would be years away so everything would be rumors or just arm chair imagineering...
    But we are all pretty good at that aren't we? Somedays I think we should be Imagineers Hey, a girl can dream lol

Nice, runs to google.....

This...

I understand there may be some train that would be coming back... I believe the Fort Wilderness Railroad????
    Now THAT would be cool! DBF always says he wanted to stay at Fort Wilderness....there being DVC outside of the Villas would be cool. It's on the bottom of my to stay list, but that would make it interesting....
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm I'll have to look that up. Maybe I've judged too quickly!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Not that DL and WDW are the same place by any means, but from all I've heard the VGC are awesome and very nicely integrated with DCA.

Personally, I think it would be incredible to have a resort like that in WDW. That's one of the things I love about DL vs. WDW. Everything is so close and intimate feeling at DL. If they could recreate that feeling a bit by integrating resorts with the parks that works for me.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Not that DL and WDW are the same place by any means, but from all I've heard the VGC are awesome and very nicely integrated with DCA.

Personally, I think it would be incredible to have a resort like that in WDW. That's one of the things I love about DL vs. WDW. Everything is so close and intimate feeling at DL. If they could recreate that feeling a bit by integrating resorts with the parks that works for me.
    Reading about the DVC in World Showcase, the villas would be attached to pavilions... See, that is what I don't like... if it was a stand alone hotel, off to the side, with an entrance into World Showcase, OK, as long as it doesn't intrude on sightlines... But to attach and build villas in the pavilions??? I don't know...

If something like that ever did happen (again, IF), I'd have to see the concept art before forming an honest opinion... But based on reading up on the rumored plan, I'm not liking it... But, I reserve the right to change my mind

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Reading about the DVC in World Showcase, the villas would be attached to pavilions... See, that is what I don't like... if it was a stand alone hotel, off to the side, with an entrance into World Showcase, OK, as long as it doesn't intrude on sightlines... But to attach and build villas in the pavilions??? I don't know...
    And see, I think that could be awesome depending on how it was executed.

Just throwing it out there, but imagine if they built little haciendas adjacent to the Mexico pavilion and they were well themed and well integrated. Carry that concept throughout ... so a nice little Italian village hooked into the Italy pavilion and things like that. That could really add to the World Showcase atmosphere as well as bringing them closer to bringing Walt's original vision for Epcot to life.

Now of course this is all dependent on them doing a good job with it and that's been a bit touch and go with TDO in recent years.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The other possiblity would be to add countries with DVCs included.
    I would love to see Russia or some of the other rumored countries brought to World Showcase and this might be the model to finally get them built.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: