Quantcast What should I know about CBR?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What should I know about CBR?

My DD and I decided years ago when we began returning to WDW that our goal was to stay at a different resort each trip. We did stay twice at POP because we really wanted to go and $ was tight and I had a PIN and POP was really our only option to use it.

That being said, we will finally have visited all of the Moderate resorts after our next visit. I love POR and that will be the moderate I return to in the future. But for this visit we are staying at CBR, which being our last Moderate resort choice means it was our least favorite pick. I figure for a winter trip, who doesn't want to experience a tropical environment so I think we will enjoy our stay.

Please share with me your thoughts on CBR, good or bad. We will be there Dec 16 -23. So how Christmas festive will it be? What is the food court like? I believe it is the biggest resort of all of the Moderates. We are going to request a room in Jamaica or Aruba. What is the pool like as we hope to get to use it even in Dec. Anything you can share would be great! Thanks!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We love POR and CS, and were leery to try CBR because of all the bad reviews it gets. However, when we stayed there with our Godson in 2012 we loved it! We had a pirate room, so everything was a long walk, but the landscaping and scenery is so good, it never felt like a burden. Buses were pretty good, and at park closings we never had to wait longer than 15 min for a bus.

The food court is good. All of the standards plus a few Caribbean inspired foods. We loved the soft serve ice cream and had it many times for dessert.

The pool is awesome and it is the only resort we've been at that has 2 hot tubs. They are big too! There is a huge splash pad/wading pool area fenced in for little kids and the main pool has a waterslide. Only downside is that it is packed everyday. Like the other mods there are several quiet pools that are far less busy. We love that they are close to the laundry rooms, so you can throw a load in and have a swim while it washes.

The only strange thing is that check in is in a different building than the main area of Old Port Royale. But after you check in, you really don't have a reason to go back there again.

Make sure that you visit the gardens in the centre of the lake- lots of gorgeous flowers to see!

You'll have a great time! Enjoy every second of your trip!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your reply! Sounds like we will really enjoy our stay!
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2013 - March F&G POP
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be back in Sept.It will be our 4th visit there.We always described it as the "Poorman's Poly".Beautiful resort and we really like the quiet pools.You'll love it!
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PetefromRI View Post
    We'll be back in Sept.It will be our 4th visit there.We always described it as the "Poorman's Poly".Beautiful resort and we really like the quiet pools.You'll love it!
    Yes! That's a very good description. Lol.

We love the Poly, but not the price tag associated with the Poly. We have stayed there once, but can never seem to be able to justify the price for a repeat visit. That's usually when we pick CBR. When looking for a tropical resort at a decent price you can't go wrong with CBR. We have stayed there 3 times now and have always enjoyed it. It is our favorite moderate, and honestly the only moderate we actually miss and look forward to returning to. We don't like anything about POR, and would pick CBR over it anytime.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PetefromRI View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Yes! That's a very good description. Lol.

We love the Poly, but not the price tag associated with the Poly. We have stayed there once, but can never seem to be able to justify the price for a repeat visit. That's usually when we pick CBR. When looking for a tropical resort at a decent price you can't go wrong with CBR. We have stayed there 3 times now and have always enjoyed it. It is our favorite moderate, and honestly the only moderate we actually miss and look forward to returning to. We don't like anything about POR, and would pick CBR over it anytime.
    Poor man's Poly! I do like that! Thanks for the reply!
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2013 - March F&G POP
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL

Post Thanks / Like

I am getting SO excited about our upcoming December trip!!!!
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2013 - March F&G POP
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL

Share This Thread On Social Media: