Quantcast Legend of Jack Sparrow to Open 12/6/12 at Hollywood Studios

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Legend of Jack Sparrow to Open 12/6/12 at Hollywood Studios

From the Mickey Monitor:

Opening this summer at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow has elicited something of a legend of its own. The word around the Parks is that this mysterious new attraction will be a first-of-its-kind sensory experience in which Guests will have the chance to be enveloped by the world of the Pirates of the Caribbean® as seen in the four feature films. Sounds intriguing. To find out more, we had a chance for a friendly “parley” with Jason Roberts, Walt Disney Imagineering Project Manager and Show Producer for the new attraction. “This is going to be an immersive experience,” Jason told us. “We’ll really delve into the story of Captain Jack Sparrow and put our Guests in the middle of it all in new and exciting ways. “Story is always the most important thing for us at Walt Disney Imagineering,” Jason continued.

“But we’re always looking at new ways to tell the story that our Guests have never seen before. In this attraction, we’ll let you walk in the footsteps of Jack Sparrow. “It’s not ‘the making
    of’, not ‘behind the scenes’…it is really a firstperson experience.” Jason wouldn’t divulge any of the state-of-the-art special effect trickery used in the attraction, but he did assure us that the attraction is certain to elicit a “Wow! How’d they do that?” from our Guests. A long-time fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction and films, Jason was delighted at his
    shot to work on the attraction. “We worked with the archives as well as the filmmakers while they were shooting the last movie,” Jason said. “And as a fan, I just loved sitting through those films again and again, going through all the details and leveraging them for this new experience. It’s really been a blast.”

This walk through replaces the Narnia exhibit...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Sounds like a positive addition for once ... Narnia was a waste to me and this sounds pretty cool. Can't wait to check it out!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

YESSSS - can't get enough Captain Jack Sparrow! Agree - Narnia was a total disappointment.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah! Narnia was boring.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

There is a relatively new pirate museum in St. Augustine and it is really well done. My understanding is that Imagineering had a hand in a few of the exhibits one of which is a sensory experience (think Drew Carey Sounds Dangerous) that takes place in the depths of a pirate ship during a battle. Really well done. The other exhibit was the talking/joking head of Blackbeard hanging from the bow of the ship. Maybe St. Augustine was a practice for DHS. Looking forward to seeing this.
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

any word on when this opens?
    Alice
    Disney Junkie and vacation planner
    10 trips and counting
    Next up June '14 very quick trip :)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great! I liked Narnia but once was enough for it.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Can't confirm, but I think I saw that the Mickey Monitor online this was taken from was pulled sometime this afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Can't confirm, but I think I saw that the Mickey Monitor online this was taken from was pulled sometime this afternoon.
    You are right... And supposedly the Mickey Monitor's that were mailed did not include this blub in it which leads me to think Disney is really run by idiots with no oxygen going to the brain.. LOL... Can't even get this right...

They leak the announcement of the Monsters Inc coaster on the employee site, they can't get the Test Track refurb dates right on their own site, they release (apparently) the wrong Mickey Monitor....

A PotC walk through was/is planned for the Narnia exhibit though... Now, whether it opens this summer or not is the question... Maybe it was scheduled, got delayed, or cancelled (and I wouldn't doubt it getting cancelled by TDO) and someone uploaded the wrong MM version... Oh well...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! This should totally satisfy my Jack Sparrow man-crush. (Wait...what!?)

Ahem, anyway, I'm hoping "summer" means the beginning of, not the end of. I'm planning two days for DHS this trip, so I'll definitely fit that in.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post

They leak the announcement of the Monsters Inc coaster on the employee site, they can't get the Test Track refurb dates right on their own site, they release (apparently) the wrong Mickey Monitor....

Monsters Inc coaster????? What did I miss?
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
    Monsters Inc coaster????? What did I miss?
    Nothing because it has since been cancelled and never made public...

But basically, there were plans to put a Monsters Inc family coaster into one of the sound stages, I forget which, over in Pixar Place (I think it was the sound stage they had the Star Wars Weekends merchandise in)... The building was going to be extended in the back and backstage areas removed... The ride was all set to go, and someone put the announcement and concept art on the Disney employee site, The Hub... It was taken down pretty quick... And the plans for the ride have since been shelved...

Post Thanks / Like

Bummer if this cancelled, sounds great! Hopefully it is just delayed.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    Bummer if this cancelled, sounds great! Hopefully it is just delayed.
    I have a feeling it is just delayed and someone uploaded the wrong MM...

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: Despite the incorrect MM being released online, Legend of Jack Sparrow IS going ahead, just delayed until Fall...

Set expectations on LOW... Not as massive as the MM article made it sound... While it should be better than Narnia (what wouldn't be??), this isn't going to be some awesome E-ticket walk through... Probably 3 show scenes: the entry walk in, the main show room, then the post show gallery... Should be a nice diversion, but not MAJOR...

Post Thanks / Like

Part of me feels it is just to take up space. They dont want to put in anything "new" so they are filling this space with filler exhibits. Not sure we would spend time visiting it. We did Narnia- and it was a waste!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing because it has since been cancelled and never made public...

But basically, there were plans to put a Monsters Inc family coaster into one of the sound stages, I forget which, over in Pixar Place (I think it was the sound stage they had the Star Wars Weekends merchandise in)... The building was going to be extended in the back and backstage areas removed... The ride was all set to go, and someone put the announcement and concept art on the Disney employee site, The Hub... It was taken down pretty quick... And the plans for the ride have since been shelved...
    you just bummed me out....
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: Despite the incorrect MM being released online, Legend of Jack Sparrow IS going ahead, just delayed until Fall...

DOH!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale79 View Post
    you just bummed me out....
    Don't be... Remember, Monster's University comes out in 2013 or 2014, I forget... If that does well, we may see it come back, or maybe improved on...

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds cool, but... PoTC is already in the Magic Kingdom. I wish they could spread the love a little bit with their attraction themes. We've got Nemo and Toy Story already in two parks, now PoTC.

They have so much other stuff to choose from!
    ~ valerie ~

* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Contemporary * Polynesian * Wilderness Lodge * Tree House Villas * Golf Resort/Disney Inn * Fort Wilderness * Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter * Caribbean Beach * Swan * All Star Sports Music Movies * Coronado Springs * Pop Century *

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: