Quantcast The Avengers - INTERCOT Boards

Find out the latest news, information and rumours covering all of the Walt Disney World Resort. Draw on the combined knowledge of thousands of users in planning you next Walt Disney World vacation.  Ask questions, get answers, make new friends! Information on the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, Blizard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon and more! Detailed information and recommendations on Walt Disney World official and off property resorts, hotels & accomodations. NTERCOT's information central featuring Walt Disney World phone numbers, tips and FAQ's. INTERCOT's own store featuring INTERCOT apparel, Disney video and DVD's, travel planning books, CD's and more. INTERCOT's Disney World interactive section featuring software, the INTERCOT Insider newsletter, Walt Disney World Web Postcards and much more.

ICOT Sponsors
magical journeys travel agency
quicksilver tours & transportation
all star vacation rental homes
timeshare store DVC resales
buy theme park / attraction tickets
universal orlando resortAdvertisement
strollers and groceries
INTERCOT store

ICOT Affiliates
amazon.com
disney art
& posters
disney checks
disney store
buy one share of disney stock

priceline.com

proflowers.com

News
site search
headlines
past updates
discussion boards
email update

ICOT Other
advertising
sponsors
link to us
contact us

INTERCOT Boards  
Old 05-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Senior Cast Member

Default The Avengers

Not a movie I'd see, but it's projecting to make half a BILLION dollars worldwide in like, a handful of days. Good grief!

I'm not an MBA or expert on Disney business dealings, but from what I gather many of you are both. So are the people who were carping about Disney buying Marvel - and having done so "too late" - going to take this as a panacea? They paid $4 billion, I believe, and will make a good chunk of that back on BO receipts alone for this one movie.

I don't have a dog in this fight so don't really care, but it's looking like a good investment!

Please Support INTERCOT By Supporting Our Sponsors:
Old 05-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Imagineer

We went to a 4:50pm showing yesterday which sold out. It's a great movie and I recommend seeing it (we saw the 2-D version.) It does look like it's going to do very well, which should help Disney following the John Carter fiasco. (If you do go see it, make sure you stay for the credits.)
8/14-Coronado Springs & Disney Dream, 10/12-ICOT15-Pop, 8/12-Music, 3/12-Pop, 11-12/10-Pop, 6/07-Disneyland offsite, 9/04-Riverside, 11-12/03-Movies & Wilderness Lodge, 10/01-French Quarter & Movies, 4/00-Movies, 9/94-Beach Club
Old 05-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie View Post
(If you do go see it, make sure you stay for the credits.)
So glad I read this. We are going see it this afternoon, followed by dinner at our favorite Mexican place (Happy Cinco de Mayo!). We usually try to remember to stay for the credits, but sometimes we forget. Thanks for the reminder!!!!!

Resorts we've stayed at over 18 trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach

Next Trip: Disney ????? Universal-maybe fall 2014
Old 05-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Imagineer

Finally, a movie that gets the Hulk right! I loved this movie!:

And stay to the very end of the credits. There are 2 additional scenes, many folks left after the first!

Please visit our Wonderful Sponsors!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Finally, a movie that gets the Hulk right! I loved this movie!:

And stay to the very end of the credits. There are 2 additional scenes, many folks left after the first!
Ahhh, we left after the first scene during the credits. I had a feeling we should have stayed all the way till the end.

Resorts we've stayed at over 18 trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach

Next Trip: Disney ????? Universal-maybe fall 2014
Old 05-06-2012, 02:16 PM

$200 million record breaking weekend... Awesome!!! I must go see this movie... i stayed way this weekend cause I knew crowds would be huge...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Senior Cast Member

Thumbs up Two thumbs WAY WAY UP!

Not gonna lie, I am NOT a huge superhero-movie-person. Save the Dark Knight, I couldn't care less if I ever saw another one again. But I went out and saw this one as an excuse to not study for my finals, and I would go see this movie again. I absolutely adored it! DBF makes fun of me for getting so into movies that we see, but this movie literally had me laughing out loud, and (almost) crying, and with my fists clenched during fight scenes. It was absolutely incredible and deserves every penny it makes!

Funny enough, it wasn't until today that I realized that Disney makes the Marvel movies... Don't hold it against me, I said I didn't care for super hero movies! But learning this made me really excited! Just another great thing to love about Disney!
Old 05-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Senior Cast Member

We also went this weekend. I'm not a huge fan either as far as superhero movies go, but wow, that was really good!! Now my boys, huge fans, said it's the BEST superhero movie they've ever seen, and are going again! We also stayed but only caught the first extra scene. Actually I think most of the theater left then! My son just said the second scene was just showing them eating in a restaurant, and nothing was said, so not too much missed I would imagine. GREAT MOVIE!

WDW trips:
April, 1991- Honeymoon-offsite
Nov.1992-offsite
Nov.1995-offsite
April 2001-offsite
Dec. 2004-Wilderness Lodge, AS Sports
Aug. 2007- offsite
Mar 2008- AS Movies
Dec. 2008- Wilderness Lodge
Dec. 2010-AS Movies, CBR
Aug. 2011- Beach Club
Mar. 2012- AS Movies
Old 06-05-2012, 06:17 AM
LorrieRojas

I watched the Avengers in the cinema with my younger brother and we both enjoyed it! It's I guess one of the best blockbusters in 2012!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:55 AM

Default I had a theme-park experience watching a movie!

My DH and I recently celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary and did NOTHING. So a few weeks later we decided to make a date of it and see The Avengers. We also splurged and bought D-Box seats with the 3-D.

I had a blast! We had never done D-Box before and it was the perfect movie for it. During a couple of flying scenes I lifted my feet off the ground and it felt a bit like Soarin'! It was the closest thing to actually being in the movie.

My teenagers have seen this movie multiple times and now I know why. Really a fun ride.

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Disneyland Hotel (DL)
Old 06-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Senior Cast Member

Saw this on Sunday and loved it, although I feel like I need to watch Thor and capt America to get some backstory, since I am not a comic fan. When I saw Joss Weadon in the credits I knew it would have some funny in it - great movie!
1974-1983 WDW day trips*92 WDW offsite*94 Contemporary*97 WDW offsite*97 Polynesian*98 DL PAC*99 DL DLH*2000 Port Orleans & Coronado*01 WDW off site*02 DLR DLH*02 WDW HHB*03 WDW POR*03 WDW HHB*06 DVC Member*06 DLR*07 VBR*07 OKW*07 VWL*08 GCH*09 BLT*09AKV*10 OKW*10 DLP-DH*11 BLT*11 AKL*12 BWV
Old 06-16-2012, 08:13 PM

Yes, Avengers is a terrific movie... Thank you Joss, thank you... Now, your move Dark Knight..

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Imagineer

My family and I saw thsi movie on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it! All of the characters were entertaining, but Robert Downing Jr. had the best lines. And our favorite scene was where the Hulk punches Thor sideways out of the blue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymom4ever View Post
We also stayed but only caught the first extra scene. Actually I think most of the theater left then! My son just said the second scene was just showing them eating in a restaurant, and nothing was said, so not too much missed I would imagine.
No, it wasn't an exciting scene, but funny just the same, since they were eating in a Shawarma restaurant.

October 21-28/2014, Senorita Fall Getaway
--Be there or be square!

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:38 PM
INTERCOT Management Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
No, it wasn't an exciting scene, but funny just the same, since they were eating in a Shawarma restaurant.
And made even funnier at how they were all stuffing themselves and moaning because they were so full.

Next Up:
Disneyland - Oct '14 - Fall Senorita/ICOT Trip
WDW - Nov '14 - Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend
WDW - Jan '15 - Marathon Weekend/#runICOT
Old 06-25-2012, 10:47 PM

I LOVED this movie! And yes, I would recommend seeing Thor and Captain America. Both are good in their own right. Thor manages to take a ridiculous character and origin story and make it seem almost believable (as opposed to the recent Green Lantern movie, which I thought was really awful). Captain America is great because it's set during WWII America and had some good cinematography. Can't wait for the next round of movies and the next Avengers! In the meantime, the new Spider-Man and Dark Knight Rises should fill the comic book void.

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Poly~ '95, '02, '07; POP~'04, '07, '12; CBR~'06; ASMovies~'09; Wilderness Lodge~'10; Dolphin~'11 '13; ASMusic~'13 Disneyland '12

Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Share This Thread On Social Media: