Quantcast Packing to Resort Hop - INTERCOT Boards

Find out the latest news, information and rumours covering all of the Walt Disney World Resort. Draw on the combined knowledge of thousands of users in planning you next Walt Disney World vacation.  Ask questions, get answers, make new friends! Information on the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, Blizard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon and more! Detailed information and recommendations on Walt Disney World official and off property resorts, hotels & accomodations. NTERCOT's information central featuring Walt Disney World phone numbers, tips and FAQ's. INTERCOT's own store featuring INTERCOT apparel, Disney video and DVD's, travel planning books, CD's and more. INTERCOT's Disney World interactive section featuring software, the INTERCOT Insider newsletter, Walt Disney World Web Postcards and much more.

ICOT Sponsors
magical journeys travel agency
quicksilver tours & transportation
all star vacation rental homes
timeshare store DVC resales
sheraton vistana resort
buy theme park / attraction tickets
universal orlando resortAdvertisement
strollers and groceries
INTERCOT store

ICOT Affiliates
amazon.com
disney art
& posters
disney checks
disney store
buy one share of disney stock

priceline.com

proflowers.com

News
site search
headlines
past updates
discussion boards
email update

ICOT Other
advertising
sponsors
link to us
contact us

INTERCOT Boards  
Old 05-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Cast Member

Default Packing to Resort Hop

This will be the first trip ever we are resort hopping. We will be staying at the Boardwalk for two nights followed by 4 nights at the Grand Floridian. Does anybody have any tips for packing for this type of trip? I have a Hey's carry-on suitcase that I was thinking about packing for the Boardwalk. I just don't want to have to unpack and repack and unpack EVERYthing. Thanks!

Please Support INTERCOT By Supporting Our Sponsors:
Old 05-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Cast Member

We are resort hopping as well! I hadn't even thought about this! I really like the idea of packing a bag for one resort and a bag for another. Thanks for posting this!
June 2008 - Beach Club
June 2012 - All Star Music/Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 05-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Team INTERCOT Cast Member

Wow! I couldn't imagine packing two suit cases for two resorts.

I would just pack one and be done with it as it would be less to lug around.

Just my opinon....

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11, 14
All St Sports 2006
Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2, 13
POR 2010 x2, 11
Old 05-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member

We are resort hopping to a few resorts at the end of the summer. My mom is traveling with us and since she's just one person she'll just pack one bag for the whole trip. I will have to pack for myself and my two sons. Normally I'd pack one bag for each of us, but I am going to pack according to resort instead. This way I only have to go digging in one bag each day. I can't imagine having to sort through all three of our bags every day.

I did this in December when we stayed at Universal first. At Universal I only took down one piece of luggage. I had packed for all 4 of us in that one large piece for the two nights we were at Universal. It worked well. We had just enough clothes for that part of our stay, and then I just left the bag with the used clothes in the car during the Disney part of the trip.

Resorts we've stayed at over 18 trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach

Next Trip: Disney ????? Universal-maybe fall 2014
Old 05-05-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
I would just pack one and be done with it as it would be less to lug around.

:
It would only be less to lug around if you can fit everything for everyone traveling in one bag. For three of us, myself and my two son's, I'll have to have multiple bags anyway. No way I can fit all our clothes into one bag. It will be easier for me to only have to deal with one bag at a time. I may even only take the one bag down that I'll need at each resort, leaving the rest in the car.

If we were staying at one resort for the whole trip I'd actually unpack everything the first night and not "live out of the suitcases". But with us only staying in one resort for 3 nights at a time it doesn't pay to unpack it all. I just can't imagine having to deal with digging through three bags each day, so for my situtation packing for each resort will save me time in the long run.

Resorts we've stayed at over 18 trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach

Old 05-05-2012, 03:39 PM

I didn't mean to be misunderstood.

For one bag for a person would be acceptable to me, but when you have that many people the process may work better. When I was married it was alway tough for the wife to pack for the two of us in one bag. My kids always had to have their own bags ( being girls ) with all of there hair dryers and such.

Sometimes I thought I was going to need a trailer just to handle the luggage. Aaaa, those were the days.....

Bottom line what ever works and you will be in the happiest place in the world.. Happy planning.

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11, 14
All St Sports 2006
Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2, 13
POR 2010 x2, 11
Old 05-05-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
Sometimes I thought I was going to need a trailer just to handle the luggage. Aaaa, those were the days.....

:
Oh yes, there are times I think we might need a trailer to haul all our stuff too!!! With girls I totally get them wanting their own bags. I have two boys, they don't even know what is packed for them till we get there, so packing us together when I can (like for split stays) isn't a biggie with them. LOL.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:47 AM

When I am going to multiple destinations in one trip I will use one suitcase; however, I will put all of the "First Stop" stuff into a plastic bag within the suitcase. Then I can just pull that stuff out when I get to the first hotel.

If you are going to have more than one suitcase anyway, I would probably use buzzandwoodysmom's approach.

Share This Thread On Social Media: