Quantcast Fort Wilderness DVC - Page 2 - INTERCOT Boards

Find out the latest news, information and rumours covering all of the Walt Disney World Resort. Draw on the combined knowledge of thousands of users in planning you next Walt Disney World vacation.  Ask questions, get answers, make new friends! Information on the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, Blizard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon and more! Detailed information and recommendations on Walt Disney World official and off property resorts, hotels & accomodations. NTERCOT's information central featuring Walt Disney World phone numbers, tips and FAQ's. INTERCOT's own store featuring INTERCOT apparel, Disney video and DVD's, travel planning books, CD's and more. INTERCOT's Disney World interactive section featuring software, the INTERCOT Insider newsletter, Walt Disney World Web Postcards and much more.

ICOT Sponsors
magical journeys travel agency
quicksilver tours & transportation
all star vacation rental homes
timeshare store DVC resales
buy theme park / attraction tickets
universal orlando resortAdvertisement
strollers and groceries
INTERCOT store

ICOT Affiliates
amazon.com
disney art
& posters
disney checks
disney store
buy one share of disney stock

priceline.com

proflowers.com

News
site search
headlines
past updates
discussion boards
email update

ICOT Other
advertising
sponsors
link to us
contact us

INTERCOT Boards  
Old 04-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
And see, I think that could be awesome depending on how it was executed.

Just throwing it out there, but imagine if they built little haciendas adjacent to the Mexico pavilion and they were well themed and well integrated. Carry that concept throughout ... so a nice little Italian village hooked into the Italy pavilion and things like that. That could really add to the World Showcase atmosphere as well as bringing them closer to bringing Walt's original vision for Epcot to life.

Now of course this is all dependent on them doing a good job with it and that's been a bit touch and go with TDO in recent years.
That's the key, depending how it is executed... I'd still rather see World Showcase get what it deserves, new countries and attractions... DVC villas are not what World Showcase needs...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger's #1 Fan View Post
The other possiblity would be to add countries with DVCs included.
I would love to see Russia or some of the other rumored countries brought to World Showcase and this might be the model to finally get them built.
As long as the villas are integrated perfectly (and TDO is, well, nevermind)... But again, villas will not make World Showcase better... New countries, new attractions... new dining options, THAT is what would make World Showcase great... Now, if they wanted to build a resort behind the park, in some empty areas, and allow a walk over to World Showcase, and theme the resort to each country, making a little village, then OK... But actually inside World Showcase??? I dunno...

Add Russia (like you said)... Add Greece, maybe Spain, or better yet, Brazil... Add in a Canadian Rockies river ride in Canada... In Brazil, take us on a journey through the rain forest... Finally build Mt Fuji in Japan not that Kodak is gone, or some simulator of the bullet train showing Japan's landscape, and history... Instead of an Italian village, give us a boat ride through Venice... Or in Germany, finally build the Rhine River boat ride... Yea, seems like too many boat rides, but they lend themselves perfect for these countries... How about updating Norway??? Maybe make it one large Scandinavian pavilion... I know people want characters out of World Showcase, but Mexico ended that so how about something from Ratatouille in France, like... La Ratatouille, and Remy's animatronic can be put to use...

All this is so much better than DVC villas...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Old 04-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Senior Cast Member

DVC villas attached to countries would look nice if done right but I don't get how actually staying there would work?

Here are questions that spring to mind, help me please?

People staying there would walk in to their room right from EPCOT? What if they did not buy a park ticket? Pools and other recreation? (other then the park of course) Transportation? Laundry? Would they have to exit out back of the DVC and go around to the gate ? What about noise levels at night and basic maintenance they do at night after the park closes? Would it ruin the magic to see the park lit up and everything being hosed down?

I do not want to pass judgement on a rumor but I don't think I like the idea. DVC at the old River Country OK, POLY great, in a theme park
Cruise Disney Wonder 2006

Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
Allstar Movies 02
Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
Offsite 90,89, 85
Old 04-11-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
DVC villas attached to countries would look nice if done right but I don't get how actually staying there would work?

Here are questions that spring to mind, help me please?

People staying there would walk in to their room right from EPCOT? What if they did not buy a park ticket? Pools and other recreation? (other then the park of course) Transportation? Laundry? Would they have to exit out back of the DVC and go around to the gate ? What about noise levels at night and basic maintenance they do at night after the park closes? Would it ruin the magic to see the park lit up and everything being hosed down?

I do not want to pass judgement on a rumor but I don't think I like the idea. DVC at the old River Country OK, POLY great, in a theme park
See, that is part of it... This is only a rumor, though it has been something that Disney has looked into... Doesn't mean it would ever work or be done, but it is something they did, and may still be looking into...

And I have no idea how entering and exiting would work... I'd hate the idea of hotels in the countries... Just hate it.. Especially with the force perspective of the current pavilions.. Things being small needing to look big, like Eiffel Tower and the Mexican pyramid, as well as American Adventure.. Actually, all the World Showcase pavilions... I really think attaching villas to the pavilions would be a huge mistake...

If they wanted to build a world village resort to one side of World Showcase, or behind it somewhere near Boardwalk, and have an entrance into World Showcase from the resort via walking path (like International Gateway), then fine... As long as they don't built a monster tower... Something like Pop Century height, spread out, themed to villages of the countries currently in World Showcase would work... Just not a tower the size of Bay Lake...

Old 04-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Senior Imagineer

Smile

Not all that long ago (during the Eisner regime) Disney was actually very close to green-lighting a version of the Tower of Terror (maybe in DLP?) that was an actual hotel. Guests would have been able to stay right inside the attraction. Ultimately, though, it was shelved due to the practicality of it all ... people in their hotel rooms during the day would hardly want to listen to the shrieks and screams of ToT not to mention if the park was open until midnight or something.

But this would be fine, if you ask me. Like I said, if done right, it would actually add to the ambiance of the pavilion ... it might even make them feel more realistic. Imagine you've got a nicely themed Italian village there nestled up next to Tutto Italia with some sidewalk cafes, people dining al fresco, folks sitting on their balconies, maybe lounging by a well themed pool (something Riviera-esque maybe?). I think it could totally work and again remember that Walt's original vision for Epcot included people living there, so this is a step closer to that becoming a reality.

And the theme park entrance is no big deal. The Grand Californian has it's own entrance to DCA discreetly hidden in a place where it doesn't wreck the look and feel of the park. I'm sure that's what they'd do with these.

Bottom line (and this is probably my last word on this until it does or does not come to fruition), but if this was done well and done right I think it could be amazing.

Next trips:

January 2015 - Art of Animation

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Cast Member

Default Location

Would these DVC Villas use the space of the old River Country? Would they totally tear it dow?
Old 04-18-2012, 09:56 AM
Senior Imagineer

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerEmma View Post
Would these DVC Villas use the space of the old River Country? Would they totally tear it dow?
Several months ago, I saw drawings of what was planned, and yes - - it did use the River Country area. There was still water in the center, but there was no mention of the fate of the water slides, etc., although I suspect they would be torn down.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa Sowenyaaaaaaaaa Mamabeatsebabah
Old 04-18-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Several months ago, I saw drawings of what was planned, and yes - - it did use the River Country area. There was still water in the center, but there was no mention of the fate of the water slides, etc., although I suspect they would be torn down.
I agree with you Ed.. I would suspect anything standing in River Country would be torn down... Someone posted elsewhere that the shape of the DVC resort is of a man riding a horse... If they pull that off, kudos... LOL....

Old 04-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Team INTERCOT Cast Member

Sorry that I'm a little late to the game on commenting about this, but what rocket scientist thought this up? Exactly who has been clamoring for DVC units at Fort Wilderness? Anyone? Can you see people ponying up $140-150 per point at FW? How many current DVC owners would add on there? GF, yes. Poly, yes. FW, probably not.

I'm not knocking FW. It's someplace that I'd like to try in the future, as I am the new owner of a vintage 1967 Airstream Safari, but it's just that DVC units are being attached to Deluxe resorts and FW is not one of them. If this happens, can anyone see these selling well? I know that VWL is very popular, but it's also right next to WL, which has a great look and a stunning lobby. What the FW DVC would need to be are all treehouses. Then they would sell like hotcakes. If they're treehouses, then whomever thought this up IS a genius. I couldn't tell by what was on the Website, as the drawings were too faint.

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
BLT - Nov 11
Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
Next - Jersey Week 2013 Baby!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Senior Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
Sorry that I'm a little late to the game on commenting about this, but what rocket scientist thought this up? Exactly who has been clamoring for DVC units at Fort Wilderness? Anyone? Can you see people ponying up $140-150 per point at FW? How many current DVC owners would add on there? GF, yes. Poly, yes. FW, probably not.

I'm not knocking FW. It's someplace that I'd like to try in the future, as I am the new owner of a vintage 1967 Airstream Safari, but it's just that DVC units are being attached to Deluxe resorts and FW is not one of them. If this happens, can anyone see these selling well? I know that VWL is very popular, but it's also right next to WL, which has a great look and a stunning lobby. What the FW DVC would need to be are all treehouses. Then they would sell like hotcakes. If they're treehouses, then whomever thought this up IS a genius. I couldn't tell by what was on the Website, as the drawings were too faint.
Id love it, as a father of one boy and another one on the way, I could totally see how owning a DVC here would be loads of fun. FW has a lot to offer, and for those of us who don't want to pull down our camper or stay at the cabins at FW, this is a great alternative. I think you'll be surprised with how well Disney will pull this off and how many people would love to stay here.
1996- Offsite
1997- Offsite
1998- Offsite
2008 - POFQ
Feb 2009 - Coronado Springs
July 2009 - All Star Sports
Sept 2009 - Pop Century
2010- POFQ
March 2011 - All Star Sports
May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge?

Hey, where's Perry?
Old 04-30-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post

They won't be treehouses... And you'll be surprised how may people would buy into DVC at Fort Wilderness...

Old 05-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Team INTERCOT Cast Member

I hope that I'm wrong and that they turn out well and sell well.

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
BLT - Nov 11
Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
Next - Jersey Week 2013 Baby!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:38 AM

Japan for me please...Id stay there..the problem is DVC is one of the few (other than highest deluxes) that I havent stayed in due to $. and the theming of SS doesnt really thrill me..maybe OKW...
anyway I always said if WL could b by Epcot that would b great. my fav resort by my fav park.
they have areas of the pavilions they dont use dont they. like Germany they used to say a ride was planned for the 2nd floor or some such.
and there is enough area in WS for more countries..maybe they will do DVC instead since they cant get any other countries to support them right now.
WL 3 WL CL 1
AKL 2
SOG 3
POFQ 3
POR 1
CSR 2
CBR 2
As sports 2
AS music 2
POP 6
DD 4 times
Feb 2013 CSR
Dec 2013 WL & CSR & ASM
March 2014 POR, allstars sports and Dolphin
June 2014 Universal for first stay onsite & CSR
Old 05-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Cast Member

About a month ago, my mother said "I wish they had DVC at the campground. I miss staying there."
We've stayed at the campground about 5 times and loved it. I like the peace and quiet and no one around. I like the camping feel with all the amenities. I like the idea of being able to bbq on the deck. I would definitely stay at a DVC at the campground.

Been to WDW more times than I can count since 1972. Stayed at BLT, AKV, WLV, SSR, POP, CBR, CR, FW Cabins, all the All Stars and also off site. Been to DL 3 times, 4 cruises on the Magic and went on the Dream Inaugural Cruise.

DVC - 7/2008

Share This Thread On Social Media: