Quantcast Starbucks coming to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort - Page 6 - INTERCOT Boards

Find out the latest news, information and rumours covering all of the Walt Disney World Resort. Draw on the combined knowledge of thousands of users in planning you next Walt Disney World vacation.  Ask questions, get answers, make new friends! Information on the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, Blizard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon and more! Detailed information and recommendations on Walt Disney World official and off property resorts, hotels & accomodations. NTERCOT's information central featuring Walt Disney World phone numbers, tips and FAQ's. INTERCOT's own store featuring INTERCOT apparel, Disney video and DVD's, travel planning books, CD's and more. INTERCOT's Disney World interactive section featuring software, the INTERCOT Insider newsletter, Walt Disney World Web Postcards and much more.

ICOT Sponsors
magical journeys travel agency
quicksilver tours & transportation
all star vacation rental homes
timeshare store DVC resales
buy theme park / attraction tickets
universal orlando resortAdvertisement
strollers and groceries
INTERCOT store

ICOT Affiliates
amazon.com
disney art
& posters
disney checks
disney store
buy one share of disney stock

priceline.com

proflowers.com

News
site search
headlines
past updates
discussion boards
email update

ICOT Other
advertising
sponsors
link to us
contact us

INTERCOT Boards  

Go Back   INTERCOT Boards > Disney General > News, Rumours & Imagineering

Old 04-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member

What *I* was getting at, is that I don't think - or feel (*in my opinion*) - that there should be a "Starbuck's" *in* the parks. Serving that brand at the restaurants (i.e., just like Coca-Cola) is one thing; having an entire "Starbuck's Cafe'" *IN* the parks is another. *Maybe*...having a Starbuck's at Downtown Disney...ehhh...that's pushing it for me (like Ghiradelli's, McDonald's when it was there, etc.). Sure, it gives/gave people more options, but *still*...

Yeah, I'm a "historian"...LOL...(more like a Disney geek ). I know all about the "partnerships" with Pepsi (it's a small world),. GE (Progressland/Carousel of Progress), Frito-Lay (Country Bear Jamboree/Pecos Bill's/Mile Long Bar), and all that. But, as I said, it's one thing to just *serve* a brand at a restaurant in the parks; to me, it's totally another thing to just falt-out BUILD AN ENTIRE NON-DISNEY-BRANDED "RESTAURANT"/CAFE' *in the parks*.

Quote:
The Mexico, Italy, China & Germany pavilions at Epcot would be better with an On The Border, Olive Garden, Panda Express & Weinerschnitzel. The theming at the resorts is a little unnecessary as well; Motel 6, Comfort Inn & Travel lodge would do just as well in place of All Star Sports, Music & Movies. Why keep Pirates of the Caribbean unique? Just get one of those generic pirate ship swing rides that you see at every single fair and amusement park the world over.

Now that I think about it, the main street emporium could function more efficiently if it was a WalMart, and since WalMart is just as popular as Starbucks, I doubt anybody would have a problem with it.
...which is *why* I feel the way I do. What's next, then?

:\

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
Next: Jan '16
Old 04-26-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend of Figment View Post
Isn't it amazing that no matter what Disney does, it's "fans" always gripe.
Are fans not allowed to state their opposition to something they don't like??? Or are fans supposed to just accept everything as practically perfect in every way because it is Disney????

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Cast Member

Of course people can disagree with Disney. I just meant that I find it amazing/amusing that people who clearly love Disney, love to complain about every little change. Folks take things very seriously.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend of Figment View Post
Of course people can disagree with Disney. I just meant that I find it amazing/amusing that people who clearly love Disney, love to complain about every little change. Folks take things very seriously.
Gotcha... I only asked because there are those who feel people should never question Disney or bring up any negatives...

Personally, I don't like Starbucks.. I think their coffee is disgusting... But people love it and I can see this going over very well... And as long as the Starbucks storefronts are themed properly, then I don't care... I'll complain is a giant Starbucks sign is hanging from a building on Main Street (which I don't think they will do....)

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Old 04-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Team INTERCOT Cast Member

Do yall think they are going to put starbucks in the resorts as well? I would love to get my latte while getting ready and in transit to the park!!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Imagineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
I'll complain is a giant Starbucks sign is hanging from a building on Main Street (which I don't think they will do....)
Me too. This is what I pictured when I heard "starbucks in the parks". I had heard rumblings that there was a Starbucks going in at Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort. Since ALL of DtD over there is made up of shops and restaurants owned by third party merchants (except for ESPN Zone and World of Disney), this did not surprise me or cause me any sort of negative feelings. I pictured a full on Starbucks location smack dab in there, and it didn't bother me at all.

However, now seeing as how they will be INSIDE the parks, I suppose I expected the green storefront just sitting there in the middle of Main Street USA, and THAT would be a no no for me.

Reading how they are planning to theme them really well and make them unobtrusive, I feel okay about it. Still, I better not see the huge green Starbucks sign...I am okay with a small logo in the window or similar.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Do yall think they are going to put starbucks in the resorts as well? I would love to get my latte while getting ready and in transit to the park!!
The press release said 6 locations... There are 6 U.S. parks.... DCA is getting the first Starbucks in June/July... I would assume only the theme parks are getting a Starbucks for now... If you are looking for resorts with Starbucks, Swan and Dolphin have a Starbucks inside it...

Old 04-27-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
Me too. This is what I pictured when I heard "starbucks in the parks". I had heard rumblings that there was a Starbucks going in at Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort. Since ALL of DtD over there is made up of shops and restaurants owned by third party merchants (except for ESPN Zone and World of Disney), this did not surprise me or cause me any sort of negative feelings. I pictured a full on Starbucks location smack dab in there, and it didn't bother me at all.

However, now seeing as how they will be INSIDE the parks, I suppose I expected the green storefront just sitting there in the middle of Main Street USA, and THAT would be a no no for me.

Reading how they are planning to theme them really well and make them unobtrusive, I feel okay about it. Still, I better not see the huge green Starbucks sign...I am okay with a small logo in the window or similar.
You know, first thing I thought about was Hmmm, DTD... I wouldn't care if they hung that ugly green sign outside a storefront in DTD... All DTD is anyway is a strip mall...

From what I read online (and no way to clarify what I read so take it for what it is worth), the DCA Starbucks will NOT have a Starbuck sign hanging in front of the building... If you look at the facades, you won't even know it will be a Starbucks... Only when you get closer will you know... Supposedly there was a huge tree in front of the storefront where Starbucks is going in DCA and Disney relocated the tree just so the front of the building can be seen which indicates to me that at least the windows will be decorated...

Old 04-27-2012, 03:50 PM

I'm so excited about this! Sad ill be missing it since we leave in a week..but next time!! Woohoo..
And everyone is all worried about it being in the parks..hello people it's Disney!! They are darn good with theming things!!?!!?!!
Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Senior Cast Member

Quote:
Actually this would be even better! Then they would not really have to worry about theming it appropriately. Most people who like coffee(Starbucks or otherwise), prefer it before earlier!
Either way, I think they'll handle it well!
Jul 03-off site
Sept 05/Aug. 11-Pop Nov 08-POR
Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
Next Aug. 12- OKW first DVC stay!

DVC owners since Febrary 2012!!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
This is where I would have preferred to see Starbucks - at the resorts. I'd also like mine before I leave the resort in the morning but hey, I'll take what I can get! I love Starbucks but I would have also been happy with any company that serves decent coffee and coffee-based drinks. It's better than that Nescafe instant garbage and I'm sure that Disney will do a proper job on the themes.

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2
Old 05-05-2012, 10:56 AM

Well, it certainly beats Nescafe

Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies
Old 05-05-2012, 11:56 AM

Starbucks are everywhere. It would be nice if Disney put an effort into bringing an experience that people cannot get in their local area. By all means, have a cafe, but make it one that most guests might not otherwise get a chance to experience.

To me, this is like putting a Walmart into Downtown Disney. Why put something in that is already everywhere else?
WDW-POR 10/'13
Disneyland? - TBD...
Old 05-05-2012, 12:29 PM

Gevalia is actually much better coffee than Starbucks. But I'm still not complaining! If there's any chance they'll put decent coffee in the resorts so that I can have a cup before hitting the parks, I'll take it!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:01 PM
INTERCOT Guest

Black tea lemonades keep me going. Great news!
Old 05-05-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
Starbucks are everywhere. It would be nice if Disney put an effort into bringing an experience that people cannot get in their local area. By all means, have a cafe, but make it one that most guests might not otherwise get a chance to experience.

To me, this is like putting a Walmart into Downtown Disney. Why put something in that is already everywhere else?
*Thank you*

I know this is the same old "tired" thing of "what Walt wanted" (or didn't want). He wanted his guests to "leave the outside world...outside" of his theme park<s>. Hasn't really been the case for quite some time, unfortunately.

It's kind of along the same lines of theme-park merchandise. Used to be that each and every store in the parks carried its own merchandise. Unique things that couldn't be found elsewhere. Now, you can find the same stuff (shirts, stuffed animals, photo albums/scrapbooking stuff, etc.) pretty much *everywhere*.

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
Next: Jan '16
Old 05-05-2012, 11:55 PM

Maybe it isn't so much as 'What would Walt do' as what would Disney guests really think if there is a Starbucks in every park (having nothing to do with whether or not you like their coffee) and a McDonalds and a Taco Bell in every park and a Wal-Mart quick stop in every park as well.

I think most folks who love Disney do so in part because you can escape the harsh reality of the world for a short period of time, but this is getting increasingly more difficult.
June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!
Old 05-08-2012, 05:17 PM

I'm definitely excited about this, especially if they offer all of the drinks. I am an iced coffee/americano drinker and the iced coffee choices on property were definitely lacking. Plus, I don't use milk so if the coffee is bad it is really noticeable. I don't particularly like Starbuck's for hot coffee but they are generally consistent when it comes to iced coffee IMO. Plus, it's easier to customize if you want decaf or half/caf or alternative milk choices. I can't tell you how many times I was walking around the parks wishing for a decent iced coffee! Hopefully they are in place before my next trip

Sponsor the Celebrating Sam Team and help us Light the Night again in 2007!
Old 05-08-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlowandthemermaid View Post
I'm definitely excited about this, especially if they offer all of the drinks. I am an iced coffee/americano drinker and the iced coffee choices on property were definitely lacking. Plus, I don't use milk so if the coffee is bad it is really noticeable. I don't particularly like Starbuck's for hot coffee but they are generally consistent when it comes to iced coffee IMO. Plus, it's easier to customize if you want decaf or half/caf or alternative milk choices. I can't tell you how many times I was walking around the parks wishing for a decent iced coffee! Hopefully they are in place before my next trip
Maybe I've been out of the loop, but I don't remember the last time I've seen your name around these parts. Big time blast from the past! I hope you're well.

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside
Old 05-09-2012, 06:59 PM
INTERCOT Guest

One of my concerns is I'd hate for something small and charming like the Writer's Stop at Disney Hollywood Studios to be eradicated and turned into a Starbucks. If they just serve their coffee inside then I don't have any major qualms I guess just don't steamroll over cool stuff that actually has Disney charm in favor or a streamlined Starbucks coffee shop.

Share This Thread On Social Media: