Quantcast Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy - INTERCOT Boards

Find out the latest news, information and rumours covering all of the Walt Disney World Resort. Draw on the combined knowledge of thousands of users in planning you next Walt Disney World vacation.  Ask questions, get answers, make new friends! Information on the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, Blizard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon and more! Detailed information and recommendations on Walt Disney World official and off property resorts, hotels & accomodations. NTERCOT's information central featuring Walt Disney World phone numbers, tips and FAQ's. INTERCOT's own store featuring INTERCOT apparel, Disney video and DVD's, travel planning books, CD's and more. INTERCOT's Disney World interactive section featuring software, the INTERCOT Insider newsletter, Walt Disney World Web Postcards and much more.

ICOT Sponsors
magical journeys travel agency
quicksilver tours & transportation
all star vacation rental homes
timeshare store DVC resales
buy theme park / attraction tickets
universal orlando resortAdvertisement
strollers and groceries
INTERCOT store

ICOT Affiliates
amazon.com
disney art
& posters
disney checks
disney store
buy one share of disney stock

priceline.com

proflowers.com

News
site search
headlines
past updates
discussion boards
email update

ICOT Other
advertising
sponsors
link to us
contact us

INTERCOT Boards  
Old 04-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Senior Cast Member

Default Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy

My wife and I are WDW veterans, but she has not been to DL for a long, long time. I was fortunate to have some business in LA several times last year, so I spent plenty of time at DL. I like Space Mountain at DL MUCH better than at WDW. Not only the seating and the smoothness of the ride, but the special effects -- the various lighting effects and the music/sound effects in the ride vehicle.

We are going to DL October 23 - 27. Does anyone know whether Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy operates full-time throughout October, or does it only run during the Halloween party, with the "regular" version of Space Mountain running during non-party hours? While I am sure that the Ghost Galaxy version is cool, I am really hoping that my wife will have the opportunity to experience the "regular" version of Space Mountain at DL.

Please Support INTERCOT By Supporting Our Sponsors:
Old 04-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member

Once Ghost Galaxy is installed, it will run throughout the season, not just during the party.

I also prefer Disneyland's version of Space Mountain over WDW's. After my last trip to the Magic Kingdom in Florida, I decided I will never ride Florida's version again until it gets rebuilt.

DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - Ready for first visit in 2016
Future World + World Showcase = EPCOT (My Favorite WDW park)
Old 04-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Cast Member Trainee

So glad to hear other people state the obvious. Was at WDW in Dec and my sister who loves SM at DL could not ride SM at WDW. She has a bad knee and could not do it. Going to DL in May and can't wait to fly through space in comfort! HaHa! But then Splash Mt at WDW is more comfy than DL! Don't even get me started on POTC! What were they thinking at WDW? Better stop before I hurt someones feelings!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Senior Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
Once Ghost Galaxy is installed, it will run throughout the season, not just during the party.
Thanks for the information. I assume, then, that the same applies to the Haunted Mansion overlay? Or is the Haunted Mansion overlay only a Xmas overlay that won't be up until after October? I seem to recall that there is a Jack Skellington overlay that starts as early as October. If so, based on the previous post about Ghost Galaxy, it seems that a Haunted Mansion overlay also would run at all times, not just during the party. If anyone can confirm, that would be great!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:17 AM
Team INTERCOT Cast Member

The Haunted Mansion Holiday version is up around mid Sept and runs through the holidays. It usually closes to return to it's regular version the first week of January, the same time all the Christmas decorations are taken down.
WDW Trips
7/05 12/06All Star Movies
12/10 ASMO/CBR
4/11 POFQ
8/11 OKW/AKL Kidani 1st DVC stay
SSR/AKL 8/13 AKL Jambo 12/13
AKL Kidani 4/14 Vero Beach 5/14 & 6/14 Boardwalk 6/14
Next: VWL 4/15
Old 04-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Senior Cast Member

They do not take down the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay during the day. You'll be able to see it not at the party as well.

I am the rebel spy.

Share This Thread On Social Media: