Quantcast Star Wars Weekends 2008

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Star Wars Weekends 2008

Star Wars Weekends 2008

Choose your destiny and journey to a "galaxy far, far away". Come face to face with your favorite Star Wars heroes and villains, test your knowledge of trivia, or take flight in Star Tours — the ultimate Star Wars adventure — during Star Wars Weekends at the Disney's Hollywood Studios™.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVENT DATES:
    Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays June 6 - 29, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVENT TICKETS:
    Admission to Disney's Hollywood Studios™ required.

¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this is a special treat! We'll be there during a Star Wars weekend, and Sunday the 14th is slated for our major Studios day. Can anyone who's been in to these in the past share a little insight as to what we might expect? Of course, we do suspect that it will be a sight more crowded than usual, but we'll be prepared for that with being there before opening and getting the major rides out of the way first, and utilizing fastpass. But what kind of activities and such are there, usually? Is it really neat with lots of Star Wars stuff going on?

I wonder if we should plan to hit the Studios a little Friday evening to get some normal stuff out of the way.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

We have been waiting to book our trip, based on Star Wars Weekend. I just checked the Disney Web site, though, and can not confirm any dates. It still says to check back. Any ideas on why this is?

Post Thanks / Like

ah first i heard of it happening....too bad i was hoping for May dates so i could catch a less expensive season...
    i avoid going in summer
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

lockedoutlogic Guest

Star Wars weekends are in many ways just like Star Tours....

In my opinion..a failure to capitalize on a potentially wonderful theme park experience....

I think it's telling that Six Flags are able to create better synergy with the DC comics franchise (and seldom kids even read comic books anymore)...than Lucas and Disney could do with Star Wars

IT's really a shame

the weekends are nice...but they are basically just some character signings and kid games...very disney...but fail to capitalize on something that could be exciting to a wider range of the public

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah!!!! I'll be there during Starwars weekends. I had hoped when I booked my trip that I would get lucky enough to participate. I'll enjoy it more than the kids.

Post Thanks / Like

Default crowded

We just found (2005) that it was more crowded than we wanted to deal with. My husband is a HUGE Star Wars fan, but he didn't think that it was worth it. It was so hard to get around, and the only thing cool was seeing the Storm Troopers on the building room coming in. He liked buying his shirt and I have a Jedi Mickey, but he wouldn't go again. (Of course, now we homeschool and can go any other time but summer!)

Crystal
    I need my yearly Disney fix!!! and I'm booked for FREE Dining again!!!

*******Aug. 29-Sept. 8, 2009--All Star Music
    ******Dec. 13-19, 2008--POP
    *****Aug. 30-Sept. 9, 2008--POP
    ****Sept. 2007--POP
    ***Sept. 2006-- All Star Movies & OKW
    **June 2005--Pop
    *Mar. 2000--All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been down there for star wars weekend 3 times in the past. They seem to be starting later than normal this year.Usually it ends the first or second week in June. There are alot of things to do. There are characters walking all over the park. Star Wars trivia shows, certain stars from the films ( Ive got pictures and have met Warwick Davis-Wickett, Pete Mayhew-Chewie, Jake LLoyd-young Anakin, and Rick Mcallum). The parade is good as well with all the marching stormtroopers. Be advised if traveling with kids tho that the first weekend of June in all the Florida Theme parks is "Gay Days", so plan your trip accordingly.
    73-4-5-76Cntpry-77-8-9Polnsyn-80-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-90-1-2 Disney villas-93-4-5-6-7-8 Crbn Bch-99 Grnd Flrdin -00 Anml Kngdm Ldg-01 Wldrns Ldg-02 Brdwlk-03Cntpry-04 Sratga Sprngs-05 Saratoga -06 Sratga -07 Grand California -07 Sratga- 08 Sratga- 09 Wldrns. Ldg.- 10 Treehouse villas

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I'm so depressed....SWW have usually been in May. I knew they had to move it to June last year due to the 30th anniversary celebrations going on in California. We booked our vacation for May 2008 (a year ago) in the hopes that we would hit SWW....no such luck. My DD is so depressed....she was so looking forward to chasing the "hot Anakins" again.

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I would really like to make it to one of the weekends sometime, but it won't be this year.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Default crowded but alot of fun

Yes the star wars weekends are very crowded, but they are alot of fun- if you are a Star wars fan you should not miss it,.
    We went last year and had such a terrific time-
    If you plan it well, and don't expect to go on too many rides- it can be alot of fun
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Default This changes EVERYTHING

We planned a 6/14 - 6/22 trip this year. Both weekends are going to be SW. We're not big fans (two girls) but will check it out. It makes me really happy we got the Brown Derby Fantasmic package for the 21st. At least we won't have to worry about seating.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

this is outstanding news for me and dw, we love star wars weekends, we've been to the last 2 , and we try to plan our trip around this weekend. contrary to some other posts, we totally feel a different feel about the park, from the stormtroopers as you walk in , the sound effects throughout the park,all the special shows and parades is terrific, imho disney does a fantastic job with this weekend.
    Juen only 4 1/2 months away!

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

I am Psyched!!!! Could not make it last year as DW was going through chemo...but all is well and she said we can go. I think we may try the second week....will probably wait to see who the guests are this year.
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

Post Thanks / Like

ugh!!!

I'm starting to not really even care anymore.
    I used to love going to SWW. I started going back in 2000. I really loved how it started in May because the crowds were always manageable and the weather was still less than Tatooine hot.

Over the years they keep pushing it into the summer (to take advantage of the crowds i guess). I went again last year for the opening weekend which was June 1 and the crowds were noticeably bigger than in the past and I really wasn't able to enjoy it much at all. For the first time in the past several years I'm actually making no plans to even consider going this year. I think the lack of Star Wars version of Millionaire is another letdown for me.

oh well, maybe someone will bring me back a SWW pin
    "in darkness there is power"

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Star Wars Weekends last year, and vowed not to go back... The crowds were crazy.... As much as I enjoy Star Wars, staying away from this event makes all too much sense.... For those who are going, I hope you enjoy.... I rather go in October, for Halloween....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Star Wars weekend last year for the first time. I thought it was great. The lines were long for the characters, but the pics were well worth it. My youngest son loved it, so we are taking my oldest son back June 20-23.

Can't wait!

One hint, I would get there as early as you can...I think we arrived at front gates 45 minutes early and there was already a huge crowd.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

First visit to Disney World 1991
    Countless visits since
    Most recent: Oct 2006
    November 2006
    Feb 2007
    June 2007
    October 2007-2 weeks
    Feb 2008
    June 2008
    Feb 2009
    Oct 2009- HHI Disney Vacation