Quantcast Rock N Roll Beach Club Going Bye Bye

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rock N Roll Beach Club Going Bye Bye

I am hearing February 3 is the last day for RNRBC. Can anyone confirm this as official? I am looking around the net, found only one other board talking about this. Nothing else anywhere.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard that, but, I am not suprised. When we were at PI in August, PI was hoppin', but the Beach Club had only a hand full of people in there. A couple of the other clubs were so full you couldn't even move in them. I hope they replace it with something good.

It is sad for us, because when we went to DW on our honeymoon (1994), we spent quite a lot of time at the BC and it was very busy.
    Karen

DVC Owners at SSR & BLT
    1994-Offsite Honeymoon
    2003-May ASM-1st Time for Kids
    2005-Feb AKL
    2006-May SSR
    2006-Aug OKW
    2007-May VWL
    2007-Aug SSR
    2008- May BWV
    2009- Aug Cruise (Wonder) & WDW
    2009 -Dec Last minute Christmas trip
    2010-May BLT

2011- Aug- DISNEY DREAM!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's true.

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MCFantasia View Post
    It's true.
    What is going there?
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you it is official... Rock 'N" Roll Beach Club in Pleasure Island is closing....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I can also confirm that RRBC will be closed permanently beginning February 3rd. No current plans have made made as to what to do with the facility. Although, I am happy to report that the rest of the clubs will remain untouched.....for now.
    "Are you being Sarcasmic?"

Cast Member- Disney Studios

Post Thanks / Like

As Dorito said, it is official.... Word has been sent to CMs.... I cannot say I am upset since I never took the time to enjoy Pleasure Island anyway... I just hope that they bring in something worth while...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

A full internal announcement has been made regarding the closure, although a replacement has not been announced.

Here's the internal announcement:
    Downtown Disney continually evaluates its mix of dining, shopping and entertainment offerings to enhance the evolving needs of its Guests. As we look to 2008 and beyond, we are looking at ways to keep the Island fresh and dynamic. With that in mind, The Rock ‘n’ Roll Beach Club location will close as of February 3, 2008, while we explore other uses for the venue. With the addition of Raglan Road, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Curl by Sammy Duvall, Rawlings merchandise shop, as well as the future launch of T-Rex restaurant scheduled to open in late 2008, Guests continue to be immersed in an exciting atmosphere while at Downtown Disney. We look forward to sharing additional information when it becomes available.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Not for nothing, but the last few times I have been there it was dead. The place was huge and to have it so empty all the time is such a shame. There has to be something better they can do with the area than just another club.
    ºoººoºJessica Dºoººoº

October 2011
    Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

That's too bad that they are closing it. While I don't go to Pleasure Island often, it's the only club that I enjoy there. I guess now I have no reason to go at all.
    College Prg-'99
    Dixie-Jan'00
    OffSite-Oct'00
    Contem-Sep'01
    ASMo-Jan'02
    YC-Sep'02
    ASMo/WL-Jan'03
    POR-Sep'03
    ASMu-Dec'03
    AKL-May'04
    POR-Oct'04
    POP-Mar'05
    POR/Bdwk-Dec'05
    WL-Jan'06
    POP-Oct'06
    POR-Jan'07
    POP-Oct'07
    POR-Nov'08
    POR-Nov'09
    POP-Apr'10
    POP-Nov'12
    POR-Nov'14

Post Thanks / Like

Wink rock n'roll beach club...

I went back in '97 when they were broadcasting a live radio show (that was permanently stationed at MGM studios on Sat. nights - don't know if it is still broadcast or not), but they moved the show to the beach club that one night playing 50's music and there was a line out the door! I always wanted it to stay a Beach Boys/50's summer time music venue for all of us who grew up with Happy Days on TV. I was disappointed when I returned and it was a rock n' roll venue that was dead. Wrong music for that venue. Notice how full the 70's venue always is -- people want to dance at clubs -- Pleasure Island could be a great venue -- they lost focus. Love Improv and Adventurer's Club (which is also changing/closing or has). Don't go to PI anymore -- boring! Go to CityWalk and I am a Disney freak! That should tell Disney something.
    cindymouse6
    OKW, BW, BC DVC owners
    Contemp. 8/78
    OKW 93,94,95
    BW 96, OKW 96
    Honeymoon OKW 5/97 x2weeks
    DCL 3/02, 12/04, 12/06
    +++Too many to count! 25 times since 1994!! and counting!

This year: OKW 7/08, BC & BW 12/08, BC 3/09, AKL 6/09

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh well

I actually like the idea of RNRBC. Unfortunately, as many others have stated on this thread, every time I went there it was empty. Actually a couple of years ago, my wife and I were literally the only guests inside.

I, unlike many of those who have posted here, like almost every club on PI. I hope they replace it with something cool.
    That's not funny! And I know funny! I'm a clown fish!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: