Quantcast Christmas Day Parade ABC Special [Merged Threads]

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas Day Parade ABC Special [Merged Threads]

Disney Parks “Dream” Up Star-Studded Spectacular for 24th Annual Christmas Day Parade Holiday Special on ABC-TV Dec. 25

Stars scheduled to appear in Emmy Award-winning special include Jessica Simpson, Miley Cyrus, Patti LaBelle, Josh Groban, cast from "High School Musical 2," favorites from "Dancing with the Stars," The Jonas Bros., Menudo, Katharine McPhee, Harlem Gospel Choir, and more!

Lake Buena Vista, Fla. -- This winter, cozy up and get ready for the holidays -- Disney style -- as Disney Parks prepares to shine brighter than ever when many of today's biggest stars gather on both coasts for the 24th annual "Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade." On Dec. 25, hosts Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa once again will lead the Emmy Award-winning holiday special from Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., and Ryan Seacrest will again host from Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, Calif.

The special will air Dec. 25, 10 a.m. Eastern and 9 a.m. Central, Mountain and Pacific times on ABC-TV, and will be broadcast in HD for the first time.

The "Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade" is sure to sparkle as it glides down Main Street U.S.A. at the Magic Kingdom park in Florida and Disneyland park in California to a brand-new musical score.

In addition to the celebrity performances and appearances, this year, viewers will celebrate Christmas morning with "Enchanting" new Disney characters, plundering pirates, some of Disney's favorite holiday traditions and awe-inspiring floats -- all sprinkled with pixie dust.

Stars Shine on Christmas Morning

Stars from stage, screen and song will shine throughout the two-hour special, with a Christmas morning entertainment lineup for the entire family. Featured performances include (talent subject to change):

Kicking off the special will be a blockbuster performance from the hit show "Dancing With The Stars." Newly crowned champion Helio Castroneves, Sabrina Bryan, Joey Fatone and Drew Lachey with their professional dance partners Julianne Hough, Mark Ballas, Kym Johnson and Cheryl Burke will perform an original holiday dance number choreographed by "Dancing With The Stars" dancer Tony Dovolani and sung by Grammy Award-winning Latin singer Jon Secada.

America's hottest entertainment sensation, Miley Cyrus, the multi-talented performer and star of Disney Channel's popular series "Hannah Montana," will sing the energetic, seasonal favorite "All I Want for Christmas is You."

Stars from Disney Channel's blockbusters "High School Musical" and "High School Musical 2" -- Vanessa Hudgens, Corbin Bleu, Monique Coleman and Ashley Tisdale -- will give a holiday twist to one of the popular tunes from "High School Musical 2." The group performs a customized version of the hit song "What Time Is It?" and answers the song title's question with a new musical answer, "It's Christmas Time!"

Internationally renowned vocalist Josh Groban will perform the melodic holiday classic "Silent Night" from his new Christmas CD, "Noel."

Songstress and R&B legend Patti LaBelle, who recently released her newest CD, "Miss Patti's Christmas," will perform "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year."

Multi-platinum-selling singer-songwriter Jessica Simpson will bring the curtain down on this year's special with a moving rendition of the Christmas classic, "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing." Joining Simpson will be the world-famous, New York-based Harlem Gospel Choir that has performed for Nelson Mandela and the late Pope John Paul II.

One of the hottest musical trios performing today, sibling pop-rockers the Jonas Brothers, sing one of their latest tunes, a seasonal pop-rock song titled "Girl of My Dreams."

Latin superstar sensation Menudo will debut their version of the holiday favorite "This Christmas."

"American Idol" sweetheart Katharine McPhee will perform a Disney Princess-inspired number, singing a medley of some of Disney's classic tunes.

Power Rangers, Potato Heads & Princesses, Oh My! The Parade Rolls On

Disney's newest princess, lovely lady Giselle from the new Walt Disney Pictures smash-hit film, "Enchanted," will make her first small-screen appearance during the special as she takes center stage along with Disney's most treasured characters including: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, Pinocchio, Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Ariel and Jasmine. Disney's characters will be decked out in their holiday best and joined by gingerbread men, snowmen, toy soldiers and reindeer throughout the show.

Traveling down Main Street U.S.A. at both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort, the parade will introduce several new floats this year, including:

The "Rat Pack" is back at Disneyland Resort, with a "Ratatouille" float spicing up the day. The float, inspired by this summer's Disney-Pixar hit animated film, features wanna-be chef Rémy and his Parisian pals.

A "Toy Story" float featuring Disney-Pixar pals Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jesse and their 'toon pals having a joyful -- and toyful -- holiday celebration.

Some of the other highlighted parade floats featured during the bi-coastal holiday celebration:

A Christmas tree float with holiday hosts Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.

Disney Parks' famous Toy Soldiers will march in the Toyland March.

Disney-Pixar's "Cars" will be featured, with gear-jamming good times from the film's car stars, Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater.

Aladdin and Jasmine make their way in the procession on horseback.

Popular stars from Playhouse Disney, "Monster's Inc." and the Power Rangers make special holiday appearances.

A Royal Candlelight Ball is featured, including Snow White, Prince Charming, Sleeping Beauty, Prince Phillip, Mulan and Shang.

The Seven Dwarfs trade in their usual diamond mine duties for a very special, jeweled holiday tree float.

Closing the parade portion of the program is the big guy himself, Santa Claus, and his trusty reindeer.

See More in HD -- for the First Time!

Broadcast in HD and Surround Sound for the first time, the 24th annual "Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade" airs on ABC Christmas Day. The show will also be broadcast in English and Spanish (SAP).

¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you please tell me if there are any channels that will broadcast this in the UK? Me and my Disneymad family would to see it
    Sequoia Lodge @ DLP 2002,2003,2004,2005,2006 & 2015
    Hotel New York @ DLP 2007,2008 & 2010
    Newport Bay @ DLP 2014
    All Star Movies @ WDW 2006
    Pop Century @ WDW 2007
    Port Orleans FQ @ WDW 2009, 2011, 2013 & 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait! It's my favorite holiday tradition. We've been invited to FIL's for a Christmas Day brunch but I'm not going anywhere until the parade is over. I don't care if it annoys Debbie - I don't want to go anyway!
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like fun!!
    **Last Visits**

Feb 23 Fort Wilderness
    Nov 22 Hilton Tuscany Village (During Hurricane)
    Sep 22 Dolphin Hotel
    May 22 Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

**Scheduled Visits**

Mar 23 Undecided
    Jun 23 Fort Wilderness

Twitter: MouseFacts

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Does anyone know when they will film this? Or is it filmed live that day?

Caribbean Beach 1994
    Port Orleans 1995
    Port Orleans 1996
    Polynesian 1997
    Coronado Springs 1998
    Port Orleans 1999
    Polynesian 2001
    Port Orleans 2002
    Animal Kingdom Lodge 2004
    Port Orleans 2005
    Shades of Green 2006
    Shades of Green Christmas and New years 2007/08

Post Thanks / Like

It was all shot last weekend. At least I got to hear some of it and saw a few pics from my DD's cell phone.

CBR - June 01
    Ft. Wilderness March 03
    POR March 05
    Ft. Wilderness - May 06
    Wilderness Lodge March 07
    Coronado Springs Jan 08

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, I can't wait to see it !
    10/08 SSR
    05/06 POFQ
    10/02 CBR
    3/00 DxL
    98 DxL
    96 Offsite
    95 ??
    Not sure of the rest

Post Thanks / Like

We saw bits of Patti Labelle and Dancing with the stars being shot on the Castle forestage.

It's kind of an odd feeling. Up until our last visit in 2005 I thought the parade was filmed live, but when we entered the MK and didn't see the tree in it's usual spot we learned it was because of the filming of the Christmas Day show. So that illusion was shattered.

Watching them shoot some of the scenes, while neet to see the stars, again kind of shatters the magic. You don't realize how long it takes to film a 5 minute segment. And they were running late so we didn't bother to hang round the extra hours to see Katherine MacPhee or Jessica Simpson. You basically stand around quite a bit while the director shoots and reshoots and tells you what to do. Lots of down time, set changes. It was strange, we came from behind the castle where we saw them store all the stage props, so when Patti left they rolled in a new stage, and I'm sure they did the same for all the others. Again, all this takes time.

The parade is filmed seperate from the stage shows.

I do look forward to seeing whether or not we made it on tv and how it turned out.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to watch it. I usually tape it, but a few years, ABC didn't show it. I emailed the production manager last year and begged them to show it. I taped it, then my tape ran out before it was finished. Maybe I'll have better luck this year.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

It should look really nice this time since they said it was shot in Hi Def.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Carol! I always look forward to watching this on Christmas morning! I still remember the year they didn't show it until the middle of the night sometime and I totally missed it! Hopefully, they won't do anything like that this year!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

So have any of you actually met Regis or Kelly in person? If you have are they as down to earth and as personable as they seem to be on the air? I don't know if it is all an act or not but they just both seem like they would be so neat to just spend time around.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there for the taping. the first day was wet and everything was late. i only could stay for patti labelle and dancing with teh stars. missed jessica simpson and katherine mcphee. the next day they seemed to be running late with the parade portion of it. i cantw ait to see teh finished product. as for regis and kelly you coudl barely see them up there. when i was there in 2005 i scored vip area and i saw everyone up close it was awesome.
    Next trip sept 23- thru oct 1 2013 for my sons first trip ever at 28 months.
    Carribean beach. Mnsshp, hhn, seaworld 4 disney parks 2 waterparks rented a car got photopass plus. Im ready

Post Thanks / Like

Yay!! Thanks for the info. I can't wait to see this.
    Trips to WDW:
    March 2007 Disney's All Star Movies
    Sept/Oct. 2007 Disney's Port Orlean's Riverside
    Dec. 2008 Pop Century
    April/May 2010 Polynesian

**Countless trips to the Disneyland Resort**

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Christmas day parade

I saw somewhere that the parade will be showing at 10 am eastern time on dec 25th can anyone confirm???
    ºoº ºoº

Polynesian-Dec 1984
    Grosvenor-Dec 1988
    Polynesian-Jan 2002
    Polynesian-Dec 2003
    Pop century-Jan 2005
    All Star Sports- Jan 2008
    All Star Movies Dec 2014
    Fort Wilderness Cabins Nov 2017
    All Star Music-Oct 2018
    Fort Wilderness-Jan 2022
    Pop Century-Nov 2023

AwPhooey is offline Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My cable company's DVR lists the parade at that time, so I'm guessing that's correct.

Edit:
    ABC's web site confirms that it is scheduled for 10 a.m.
    Last edited by AwPhooey; 12-17-2007 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Confirmation of parade time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Very Merry Christmas parade on ABC

So is any one else going to watch the Very Merry Christmas infomercial... opps I mean parade on ABC Christmas morning?
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    So is any one else going to watch the Very Merry Christmas infomercial... opps I mean parade on ABC Christmas morning?
    1) I usually try to "channel surf" in-and-out of the infomercial.
    2) There is at least 15-20 minutes of non-commercial content.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Watch it with the sound off except when the performers are on - it's much less of a giant vacation pitch that way! I love it and don't care that they are trying to get my vacation dollars because they are going to get them regardless of the propaganda surrounding the parade. I just like to zone out and pretend that I'm actually at WDW for the 2 hrs that the parade is on. I'll definitely be watching.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

I used to get up every Christmas early just to watch the parade. I'll happily pass that up this year, thanks.

Although...I think I make an appearence in it, so I might have to get up and watch anyways. If I am, look for the Emporium CM sitting on the floor next to Cindy's costumes for the Fairy Godmother in Training!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: