Quantcast Silly CBR question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Silly CBR question

So I'm considering staying at CBR for the Intercot party in October.

Now, I understand the difference between the Preferred buildings and Standard view (the proximity to Old Port Royale). I'm thinking I'd like to stay across the bridge from OPR, like in Jamaica or Aruba based on the map here on Intercot.

Now for my silly question. I've seen many pictures online for CBR. Some of the photos (including Disney.com) show CBR as having decor that is bright colors, with leaves and things on it. Other sites have the decor as being more muted, like a natural color dresser and beige bedspreads. See photos.

So...are all the rooms at CBR the colorful decor, are all the rooms the beige decor, or is a mix of the two? And, how do you know which rooms have what, or is it random?

Thanks.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at CBR twice and both rooms were the bright decor. I ddint see any with neutral.
    2003- Oct.-Carribean Beach Resort
    2006- Oct/Nov.-Carribean Beach Resort
    2007-Nov.- POFQ
    2008-Nov.- POFQ
    2009- Nov.- POFQ
    2010- Nov.- PO Riverside
    2011- May- PO Riverside
    2012-May- Coronado
    2013-May- PO Riverside
    2014-May- PO Riverside
    [B]2015-April- Coronado[B/]

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at CBR in October of last year in Jamaica. Our room looked exactly like the pic titled "Decor we like" in your pics. We loved the decor as well as the ambience of the resort and would happily stay there again.

Hope this helps!
    Jenn

1974 * 1985 * 1993 * 1997 * 1997 * 2000 * 2002 * 2004 * 2005
    Oct 06 CBR/AKL
    Dec 06 ASM
    Oct 07 POP
    June 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 SSR
    Jan 09 SSR
    May/June 09 BCV/AKV
    Aug 09 AKV
    Oct 09 AKV
    Christmas 09 BLT
    May/June 2011 CBR
    May/June 2012 AKV

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure of this, but maybe the muted color pix were taken before the refurbishment several years ago.

The two rooms we had and the rooms we saw with their curtains open were all of the brightly-colored variety.

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    I'm thinking I'd like to stay across the bridge from OPR, like in Jamaica or Aruba based on the map here on Intercot.
    We always stayed in Martinique or Barbados and really liked the location.

Some friends stayed in Jamaica and were really happy with their room location. So, in 2000, we decided to give it a try and move across the lake. We checked room availability for Jamaica and Aruba, and were able to get a great rate for a room in Aruba. The rest, as they say is history. Aruba is our new favorite location in CBR. The view across the lake of OPR is beautiful, especially at night.

The early morning walk to OPR, across the bridges and through Parrot Cay, is a great way to start the day. The atmosphere really adds to the "island" experience. Walking back from OPR after dark is almost magical, especially walking through Parrot Cay, and is a perfect end to the day.

Have a great time!!!
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

We had the bright decor in Trinidad South in Jan. '06.

Post Thanks / Like

In September 06 - everything we saw was the bright, tropical colors.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

Posted by Sylvia
    The early morning walk to OPR, across the bridges and through Parrot Cay, is a great way to start the day. The atmosphere really adds to the "island" experience. Walking back from OPR after dark is almost magical, especially walking through Parrot Cay, and is a perfect end to the day.
    This walk across the island at night....if I am walking by myself, would I feel uncomfortable as a female? I know it's Disney and I live in the Bronx, but should I be too concerned about safety?
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

We had the bright decor in Aruba. It is interesting how people have different tastes... I think I would much prefer the "muted" style. I did see pictures of the room ahead of time, but for some reason while we were there I just found it to be very tacky. But I know I'm in the minority. As far as the walk alone, there is no reason to not feel safe, in my opinion. The walk was pretty nice.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

From my rememberance, Aruba has bright decor... The room was not muted in color at all....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at CBR pre and post 2002 refurb in Jamaica and Aruba 1x and have always had bright colors. I really like CBR a lot and, in my opinion, Jamaica is my #1 choice, Aruba #2.

As far as walking alone at night, I suppose one should always be careful. That being said, I have stayed at CBR solo many times and I make that walk in dark early a.m. and late p.m. without being uncomfortable. I am always aware of my surroundings and if for any reason I felt uncomforable I would take the resort bus back around to Jamaica rather than the walk.

Have a great trip!
    Nancy

DL - May 6-9, 2012
    DL - July 19-23, 2012
    CBR - Sept. 1-9, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Sept. 29-Oct. 11, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Dec. 8-17, 2012

Feb. 3-5, 2013 - AoA Cars - Anniversary
    Feb. 5-9, 2013 - The Poly - Anniversary
    Feb. 23-Mar. 1 - 2013 - Disney Magic - DH's 60th BDay

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replies!

I booked online for CBR for October. I couldn't figure out how to make requests on the online booking, so I'm going to call them later.

I am very excited. I'm going for my first of 2 trips in 145 days!

Post Thanks / Like

Good choice BronxTigger... CBR is my favorite moderate.... You will enjoy your stay there... Trust me...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I stayed in Aruba 51 and had the decor that you like according to the pictures you posted. Our room overlooked a beautiful courtyard, quick walk to the quiet pool, parking lot, bus transportation and a quick 8 minute walk (from inside of our room) over bridge and island to Old Port Royale. The themeing, lush landscaping, tropical atmosphere, quiet pool, caribbean music, main pool, hammocks, being able to view Illuminations and Spaceship Earth from the resort was great! The food court was wonderful with a great selection of foods and the shopping was fantastic with unique items to purchase as well as the regular Disney souvenirs. One thing that my husband and I really fell in love with was feeling as if we were on a tropical island vacation within our Disney vacation. The layout of the resort is perfect. You don't feel as if you're being run over by a mob of people as you can feel at other resorts. My husband and I did a split stay between CBR and WL and CBR won our hearts! For the price, location, own bus transportation, themeing, amenities, great mousekeeping, wonderful CM's, food court, pools...CBR won hands down for us!

Post Thanks / Like

This walk across the island at night....if I am walking by myself, would I feel uncomfortable as a female? I know it's Disney and I live in the Bronx, but should I be too concerned about safety?

I did the walk from Old Port Royale all the way out to Trinidad South many times by myself at night. I never felt unsafe. It's well lit.

Enjoy your stay! We loved CBR, after years of thinking we wouldn't.

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

I've walked by myself many times and never felt uncomfortable or had any problems. There are usually other people walking across the island, so you most likely won't be alone.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in Jamaica building last visit and we loved it. I too, walked over the bridge many early, early, mornings by myself and found there were several others walking too. Never felt unsafe. Enjoy!
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

I also walked over the bridge and island by myself, both at night as well as early morning and never felt unsafe.

Post Thanks / Like

Well... I've stayed at CBR twice as a guest, and twice when I worked there because of hurricanes. Every room I've ever seen has had the bright colors. Its my understanding that all the rooms are decorated the same.
    Is it April yet???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: