Quantcast Boardwalk vs. Beachclub

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Boardwalk vs. Beachclub

We will be going to WDW in October. We love the Boardwalk and have not stayed there for two years. We have read some good and not so good things about the Beachclub. I will be with my DW & DD (age 4 and only eats breaded chicken tenders). We know about Stormalong Bay, are there other reasons we should try the Beachclub over the Boardwalk (noise has not been an issue for us at the BW)? Please help as we are calling Monday to make reservations.
    How do you do? Mighty pleasant greetin'. How do you do? Say it when you're meetin'. How do you do? With everyone repeatin'. Pretty good sure as you're born.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I may not be much help because I enjoy both resorts.
    The accommodations are about the same, it's just the theming that differs. And even that is only slightly, since they are both "beach" type themes.
    My husband prefers the Boardwalk and doesn't care for the BC. I think he is less attracted to the pastels, shells, etc. in the decor at the BC.
    You have more entertainment and food options at BW, but the ones at BC are great too. And since you are right across the water, you really have the best of both worlds by staying at either one.

Truly, in my opinion, the pool would be the only thing that would sway me one way or the other, since that is the only feature you can't share. If you want to try out Stormalong Bay, then you have to choose the BC. Plain & simple. And, I think it is one strong reason to go BC. Your daughter will not be old enough to enjoy all of the features, but there is plenty enough to keep the pre-K set happy.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

For us it is the BoardWalk. While we liked the look of the Beach Club, as wendy*darling stated, we aren't fans of the pastels. The pool looked neat but it was always packed.

We had a room at the BWI that was just a staircase away from the quiet pool. We spent many an afternoon just floating around there. It was peaceful and relaxing. The main pool was cool, busy but no where as packed as the Beach Club's.

Still I don't think that you could go wrong regardless of which one you picked. Our main choice for the BWI was its proximity to Epcot.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

The above posts pretty much hit the nail on the head. The resorts have many similarities in terms of location and rooms. The decor does differ.
    For what it's worth, we prefer the BC. We love the new market place there for morning snacks. It's also a (slightly) shorter walk into EPCOT where we usually find ourselves each evening (we're talking a matter of minutes here - NOT a big deal!).
    We've stayed at the BW a whole lot more than the BC due to availability (DVC).
    The BW does have a cool pool, too! Love the clown slide! BW does have a community hall (villa's side - quiet pool), and as a DVC member, we find this a real plus. You should check it out! (No community hall at the BC. )
    By the way, we have never had a problem with noise at either the BC or BW. In fact, both get the same amount of noise each night at 9:00 PM from Illuminations in EPCOT. The Boardwalk noise has never distrubed us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa and Alan View Post
    I will be with my DW & DD (age 4 and only eats breaded chicken tenders).
    Hey! I have an 8 year old who dines on the same gourmet chicken as your DD! Not to worry, chicken tenders are found in abundance throughout WDW!

Post Thanks / Like

If you aren't doing DVC (which it sounds like you are) and you want to try out the features of the BC without the pastels, why not just do the Yacht Club? It's basically the same resort in a different color scheme.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendy*darling View Post
    Truly, in my opinion, the pool would be the only thing that would sway me one way or the other, since that is the only feature you can't share. If you want to try out Stormalong Bay, then you have to choose the BC. Plain & simple.

I agree! My family has stayed at both. We prefer the BWI for purely sentimental reasons and its proximity to places to eat. However, if a fun a d unique pool is what you are looking for I would go with the BC.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

The Beach Club is all about the pool. If you're pool people and plan to be at the pool alot - I'd suggest staying there - the Boardwalk is a short walk away.

If not for the pool - I like being on the Boardwalk side of things..... lots of action at night, which can lead to different types of fun experiences.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input, it sounds like the main difference is the pool at the BC. Back to DD's diet...chicken tenders. The Boardwalk has a cart with Chicken tenders out front. Is there a place where we can get fried chicken tenders at the BC/YC? We see a lot of kids' menus that have grilled chilled chicken but not fried chicken tenders.
    How do you do? Mighty pleasant greetin'. How do you do? Say it when you're meetin'. How do you do? With everyone repeatin'. Pretty good sure as you're born.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa and Alan View Post
    Is there a place where we can get fried chicken tenders at the BC/YC? We see a lot of kids' menus that have grilled chilled chicken but not fried chicken tenders.
    Hurricane Hanna's at SAB has them. They're also at Cape May for dinner.
    I believe that's it for chicken tenders at the BC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent's Dad View Post
    Hurricane Hanna's at SAB has them.
    I just wanted to add that you do not have to be IN the BC pool area to go to Hurricane Hanna's. You can access it from the sidewalk, under where the slide crosses the walkway. So, anyone can eat here.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a DVC member at the Beach Club, and I love it there, but I don't think you can go wrong with staying at any resort in the Epcot area. It's just a great place to be.

Jeff
    Disney Vacation Club Member

The Beach Club
    Remember the Magic!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boardwalk vs Beach Club

They are both great places to stay. I prefer the Boardwalk for the number of restauarants and activities at night. Beach Club pool( stormalong can be crowded and noisy) Try the BCV pool, its quiet and secluded.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for your input. We actually we still trying to make a final decision last night before we called this morning (our 7 month window for DVC) to make our reservation. We decided to try the BC just to try something different even though we just love the BW. We are going for 9 nights (10/15-10/23). As is turns out, We were able to book the BC 10/17-10/17 and 10/19-10/23). Thursday 10/18 was completely booked in any room size?! The BW was completely booked for the length of our stay as well(all views)!! So we booked the 18th at OKW and were wait listed for a one bedroom or studio at BC or BW. Hopefully the BC will have a cancellation for the 18th so we don't have to pack and unpack for one night. Has anyone had success with wait listing at the BC for one night? I also wonder what is going on in WDW on 10/18. Our DVC rep said that day is completely booked; so she said something must be going on other than the food and wine fest at EPCOT.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you put this thread out because I am just the opposite. I have stayed at the Beach or Yacht club but never at the Boardwalk and have decided to try the Boardwalk this year. I was pretty anxious because you always like going where your familiar but this thread helped me feel better about my choice.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: