Quantcast Do you ever think about moving? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

BronxTigger, I'm from Miami, born and raised. So if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer! On the positive side, you'd only be 225 miles away (about 3.5 hrs by car)!! Which is still too far IMO.
    Next Trip: October 19-21, 2007
    All You Need is Love

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My DH and I have thrown around the idea of moving to FL. DH worked at WDW for 3 yrs after he graduated from college and he loved it. His dad lives in Tampa (thus our annual summer visits to FL). But my family lives in NY, DH's mom lives around the corner from us, we both love our jobs, and we love our house. Plus we're both teachers and haven't heard the greatest things about working in FL schools (DH's stepmom works in Tampa schools).

We actually talked about moving down to FL for a summer. We would find a short term rental and work part-time in the parks. That might actually happen sometime in the next couple of years. DH thinks that working at the parks will cure me of my Disney obsession. (I think it will just make it worse!)

TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

All the time.......especially on days when there is snow on the ground
    Candi, the Pooh fanatic!

4/2010 - Pop Century
    9/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2004 - Offsite
    1/2001 - Offsite
    9/2000 - Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon
    5/1983 - Offsite
    Disneyland - 1980,1981,1982

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about it right now, actually. Osceola County is heavily recruiting for teachers. I'll be fresh out of college with nothing really to lose. My boyfriend would also love to go. It wouldn't be a long term move, but if there ever was a time for us to do it, it would be now before we are settled somewhere....
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually did! I was in grad school in Philadelphia and my program wasn't a good fit for me. I was searching out new options when I stubled upon the U of West Florida in Pensacola. It was an entirely different type of archaeology than I had been previously focused on, but I was looking for something different, and it was MUCH closer to WDW! It was wonderful to get those FL resident rates, but at a 6 hour drive still much too far. I met and married a Navy pilot while in Pcola, and I convinced him to move even closer to Jacksonville! He was happy because we could afford to purchase a house in Jax (as opposed to San Diego), and I could finally live the dream of being an annual passholder!
    First Trip- Oct 1978 (9 months old)
    Last Trip- Everett's Summer Vacation June '10
    Next Trip- Everett's 1st Food and Wine Oct '10
    Oct 4-6
    58 trips in between

Post Thanks / Like

I did it!!

Since I was 12 I've always wanted to live in Orlando, 3 years ago I got the chance to move to Miami and didn't like the traffic and craziness in south florida so last week my fiance and I up and moved to Orlando, we may be crazy but hey I just had lunch at Downtown Disney and was home in 20 minutes!

Post Thanks / Like

Part of the reason we moved to Georgia from Michigan was for that very reason! (We did get better jobs in moving here, too). We live in North Georgia, so we still get a LITTLE winter, and the summers, although hot, are not nearly as hot and humid as FL. We are having some issues with pollen right now, though (pollen count of 5937 yesterday - glad I'm not allergic! - they blow it around with leaf blowers it's so thick!). Our annual trip to the World is a lot easier now, though. Less than a 9 hour drive. Makes me happy!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess I'm in the minority because I would never move to Florida. We live on Cape Cod which is beautiful and even though I don't like snow, I do like the seasonal changes. I also like it that Disney is a special getaway for us. Little tastes of it make it more special in my opinion. I don't think we'd appreciate it as much if we could go all the time.
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to move to FL My Dh says he doesn't want to though. FL is one of 2 states that does not reciprocate his Pharmacist license. I do not think he wants to take any more tests
    Amanda, Mom of 4

ASMo Mar 2005
    Pop Sep 2006, Jan 2014, Jan 2016
    SSR Dec 2006
    Disney Magic Jan 2008, Mar 2009, Apr 2011
    OKW Jan 2009, June 2012, December 2017
    POFQ Jan 2012
    VWL Oct 2012
    AKV Jan 2013, June 2013, Aug 2015
    AOA July 2014
    All Star Sports Jan 2015

Post Thanks / Like

All the time. I live in South Florida, so the heat humidity and hurricanes don't bother me.

I've applied to IT and analyst positions a couple of times, and felt as though I got close once. My DW said we could move if I got the job.

We've looked at houses in the past and came close (DWs parents moved to Orlando for about a year, but then moved back. That was the closest we came.)

We have friends that up and moved to Auberndale. They are 20 mins from the MK gate, but away from the hustle of Orlando.

I'd move in a heartbeat.
    There seems to be no sign of intelligent life anywhere.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: