Quantcast Fastpass Questions?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fastpass Questions?

i THOUGHT FASTPASS WAS A KIOSK.. WHAT WAS SOMEONE TALKING ABOUT THAT THE FASTPASS NEVER EXPRIES? I'M CONFUSED, IT IS ANY EXTRA THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO FEED YOUR DAILY TICKET INTO THE FASTPASS MACHINE? PLEASE CARIFY THIS, SOMEONE!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand the question but i'll answer what i can make out. Obviously the FP Expires because when your ride time rolls around you get on the ride. But when you are late for your designated ride time you will have to get another FP.

Post Thanks / Like

to Intercot!

You might want to turn your Caps Lock off.

As for the fastpass question, fastpasses do expire. They are only good for the times stated on them, it is an hour window. There have been threads about using fastpasses after the time printed on them. Folks have claimed that it is allowed by CM's.

To get a fastpass you will have to insert your ticket into the machines.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by joy b
    i THOUGHT FASTPASS WAS A KIOSK..
    A FastPass is a type of ticket. A FastPass Kiosk or Machine is the device that distributes FastPasses

WHAT WAS SOMEONE TALKING ABOUT THAT THE FASTPASS NEVER EXPRIES?
    FastPasses absolutely expire at the park close of the day the ticket was printed.

Technically, you can use a FastPass after the printed time window has expired, but this is not guaranteed and is at the acting Cast Members discretion.

I'M CONFUSED, IT IS ANY EXTRA THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO FEED YOUR DAILY TICKET INTO THE FASTPASS MACHINE?
    There is no "extra fee" service that would allow you to obtain a FastPass by bypassing a FastPass machine.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

I think maybe I'll break it down and be as simple as possible, just to make sure everything is clear...
    What is Fastpass?
    Well, it's a special way of getting on to your favorite rides faster! Instead of waiting in a long "standby" line at a particular ride, you can go up to the Fastpass Kiosk, enter your park ticket for the day, and out will pop a little receipt -- a "Fastpass"! It will have a specific time on it when you can come back to that ride and get on with little or no wait.
    Only certain rides & attractions have the Fastpass capabilities, and you can only have one Fastpass at a time (or, get one every 2 hours). The kiosks record when the last time you received a Fastpass and will keep track of that for you.
    Expiration on Fastpass:
    Your Fastpass receipt will say something like "Come back to this ride between 1:15pm and 2:15pm today". So you are *supposed* to use that particular Fastpass during that timeframe... although many people have reported using it later in the day... say, at 4:00pm... and the cast members haven't given them any trouble for doing so. BUT, you must use the Fastpass the same day. You can't use it any other day of your vacation.
    Dream Fastpasses:
    During the Year of a Million Dreams promotion, you might randomly get chosen by a cast member to receive a "Dream Fastpass". This is simply a Fastpass you can use for the rest of the day on any FP capable ride.

Is that sort-of the answer you were looking for?
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joy b View Post
    i THOUGHT FASTPASS WAS A KIOSK.. WHAT WAS SOMEONE TALKING ABOUT THAT THE FASTPASS NEVER EXPRIES? I'M CONFUSED, IT IS ANY EXTRA THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO FEED YOUR DAILY TICKET INTO THE FASTPASS MACHINE? PLEASE CARIFY THIS, SOMEONE!!!
    Not sure what you're asking. I'll try to fill in some addtional info to the great info you already got above.

Not every ride/attraction has FASTPASS. You can tell by looking at a park map -- rides with FP have a red square with "FP" next to the name of the ride on the map.

A FP won't get you on a ride quicker, but it WILL allow you to not wait in a long line, and to do something else while you otherwise would have been waiting in line.

Every FP ride has some signs near the entrance. The normal line is called "stand-by." One sign will tell you the estimated time it'll take you to get on the ride if you wait in the stand-by line. Another sign will tell you the start time and end time of a one-hour window that a FP will be good for if you get it right now.

Let me give you a real-life example. I walked up to Splash Mountain at 11:00 a.m. The sign said the stand-by wait was 60 minutes. Another sign said the FP return time was 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. That means that if I got a FP right then, I could get in the special "FASTPASS Return" line any time between 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m., and have little or no wait to get on the ride.

So if I waited in a 60 minute line starting at 11:00 a.m., it would be 12:00 until I was done waiting in line and got on the ride. But if I got a FP with a 12:00 - 1:00 return window, I could STILL get on the ride one hour later, at 12:00 p.m., but I could have gone and done whatever I wanted during that time rather than wait in line. I could have gotten lunch, I could have gone to Pirates of Caribbean and waited in line to do that ride (which is NOT a FP ride), I could have taken a nice nap in Country Bear Jamboree , etc. FASTPASS allows you to do something else with that time instead of waiting in line and being bored and annoyed.

There's no charge for FP. Anybody who is inside the park can get FPs. All you need is your park ticket.

Every ride/attraction with FP has about 4-to-6 FP machines (sometimes called kiosks) somewhere near the entrance to the ride/attraction (the exception is Dinosaur, in Animal Kingdom - the DInosaur FP machines are pretty far removed from the Dinosaur building). Each machine is maybe about 4 feet tall and has a footprint maybe around 1 square foot. The machines are spaced maybe 2-to-4 feet away from each other.

If you want a FP for that ride, you simply insert your park ticket into the machine. Each person who wants to go on the ride needs their own FP, so that means that each individual person's ticket must be inserted into the FP machine, one at a time. The FP will be ejected into a tray about halfway down the machine. The FP itself looks a lot like a movie ticket.

You can't immediately get 2 or more FPs with the same ticket. Each FP will have printed on the bottom of it the time that you (the owner of the park ticket used to get THAT FP) are eligible to get another FP. It will usually be either 5 minutes AFTER the start of the return window, or 2 hours, whichever is earlier.

Once you get the FPs, go and play and come back some time during the return window. They have 2 CMs at the FP return line. The first CM looks at the FPs to make sure they are valid, but doesn't take them from you. The second CM will be much closer to the ride itself, and that CM will collect the FPs from you.

And by the way, you can only get FPs from park tickets that were used to gain entry to that park on that day. In other words, if you are an early riser you can't take all the sleepyheads' tickets with you and go to a park and get FPs for everyone and then go back to the hotel room and give everyone their FPs to use later. It won't work that way, since yours was the only park ticket that the computer recognized as being used that day to enter that park.

I hope this answers more questions than it's caused.

Post Thanks / Like

In my Splash Mountain example above, I didn't mean to imply that the FASTPASS return time always starts at the same time it would have taken you to wait in the stand-by line. Quite the opposite, the FP return is usually LATER than if you had waited in line. For popular rides, it could be HOURS later. The point is, you get to do "whatever" during the time before your FP window opens, as opposed to having to wait in a long line and do nothing other than be bored.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: