Quantcast AP discounts and contemporary

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default AP discounts and contemporary

Planning a trip in late September and I was wondering if the annual pass discounts ever applied to rooms at the contemporary. Every other time the ap discounts were released, it seems the contemporary was sold out when I checked.
    Several trips as a child, then
    2000 - 2006 off propert a bunch of times.
    12/2006 Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/2007 POFQ
    5/2007 AKL
    8/2007 Wilderness Lodge
    9/2007 Boardwalk Villas
    1/2008 Poly
    4/2008 Boardwalk Villas
    8/2008 Wilderness Lodge
    9/2008 Beach Club Villa
    1/2009 ?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    tink55 Guest

Yes, I was looking at the current AP discounts for May/June and found some CR rooms, but not for the exact dates I want *sigh*. I may split my stay to take advantage.

I think they release rooms at every resort for AP rates, but some resorts are just harder to find rates for because there are fewer rooms available and they get snapped up quick. Examples of the hard-to-get... WL, CSR, PORFQ and CR. But if you keep checking back, sometimes you get lucky.

Post Thanks / Like

The last time we were able to snag A/P rates for The Contemporary for the timeframe we wanted was early June 2005. Between the closure/remodel of the South Wing in '05 (we were one of the only families placed in that wing at the time) and the teardown of the North Wing in '06/'07, there are simply not as many rooms available as there used to be, and thus they perhaps do not need to offer discounted rates as frequently since there are less rooms to fill. Tax included, I believe our A/P rate for June 2005 was $240 a night. Since no A/P rates were offered during our upcoming June stay, I had MJ check CR for AAA rates - the wing room was over $300 with tax per night with the discount! I wouldn't give up hope, though, that A/P rates will be offered for September.

P.S. - They do not offer A/P rates at all resorts for a given period of time - only the ones that are "light" on bookings.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: