Quantcast Hall Of Presidents

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Hall Of Presidents

What a great show!!! I hadn't set foot in this attraction in years, but last week I decided to change that. I really enjoyed it!!!! No, it's not a "thrill" ride but it was thrilling nonetheless.

However, while I was waiting, and looking over the displays in the lobby, I noticed a father and son who came in, looked around, and then turned and left with the dad saying "This is a place for Grandpa". I thought that was kind of sad. An educational opportunity for a father and son, was relegated to a place only for old people.

So what's wrong with a little lesson in history? Why is it only for old people?

So, when was the last time you visited the Hall Of Presidents?
    Marker from MO

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hall of Presidents

Visited couple of weeks ago.Still an old favorite. Did ya see the cigar sticking out of Clinton's pocket? Really life like. Only kidding!
    Always tear up at the end.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

I went last summer but I have to admit mostly to escape the heat. I do enjoy the show just not a must see every trip.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

We were there during our last trip in September. I love this attraction and make it a MUST DO for every trip. I was with extended family, 10 of us in all, and I think that I was the only one that was awake for the whole show. Too bad for them because this is really a great attraction. I think that all my planning and running around just ran them in to the ground .
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

This is an absolute must do for us. We think it's terrific. My nieces and nephews love it too. Very sad that someone thought this was just for older people.

Post Thanks / Like

Alas, HoP is on our "want to do" each trip, but we never seem to make it in there due to timing when we pass by. Now that DS is 9 and is truly interested in history, I've placed it near the top of my list of "things we NEED to do" this year. I honestly don't remember much about the show, as the last time I saw it was 1991 . . .
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I love history and always try to make this show but I have to admit with all the other things to do it's hard to work it in because of the show times. Sometimes we "just miss" the time it begins and forget to go back later.

I also wish that the MK would make a bigger deal out of this attraction. For people who don't know about it and never see anyone waiting outside, they may think it's just an empty building.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

it is a must do everytime we go! i love it and it is a great place to get out of the heat
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

Too many people miss this Great attraction. We love to see the small movements that make the Presidents look Alive.
    DL 5 trips in the 60s,1in 08
    55+ trips to WDW
    Last trip Sept 07
    Next 11-29 12-6 08

AwPhooey is offline Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I try to go to Hall of Presidents at least once every visit. Sure, it may not be the most exciting, adrenaline-pumping attraction at WDW, but it's still a great show. I can't begin to imagine how much work/time it takes getting those animatronics to look *exactly* like the presidents.

I'll admit that sometimes I go in there to, dare I say it, take a quick snooze (), but that's the exception, not the rule.

Post Thanks / Like

i've seen it maybe every 2-3 trips.

always pay my respects to that play pen with the eagle rug they got in there.

and still trying to figure out how many there are. i've heard 2 and 3. i'm inclined to believe 3 because i heard the smithsonian has one at that makes sense but i don't recall seeing it at the museum either.

between the sister of the liberty bell and the presidential seal, it's amazing what treasures disney was able to secure and display for people who just finished blasting zurg.

(and word has it, clinton has been found to have things much more damaging than cigars in his pockets... and nixon has been known to be considered a crook)

Post Thanks / Like

Try to make it every trip, but only seem to make it every other trip. One of my favorites, anyone else remeber when people used to stand while the soundtrack played Hail to the Cheif? It used to be one of the popular attractions in the park back then.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

We have not had time the last few visits, but DS8 is now soaking up this kind of thing, so it is on our list for next time, too.

Question: Does HoP get busy during Presidents' weekend????
    I'm not bad - I'm just drawn that way!

Next Trip? Not sure but always planning!!
    Oct 2007 House rental
    Dec 2005 CBR
    Jan 2003 House rental
    Aug 1997 Grosvenor
    Sep 1993 Off site hotel

Post Thanks / Like

We see it every few years. Though I wish we could leave before Bush starts yakking.
    Many, many visits since 1973....

Post Thanks / Like

And I love that they add new presidents as soon as one is elected. Very cool!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't gone in years and I can't imagine that changing. I just don't like it. It could have something to do with the fact that on my last visit, Abe Lincoln malfunctioned and looked like he was melting a la the Wicked Witch of the West over and over again, plus the AC was out of commission. In August. It was a nightmare!

I can't do it again. Don't make me. You go on ahead. I'll be over on Big Thunder Mountain.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We love it!!! See it every trip
    Unlike Sharon1026, my favorite part is when President Bush is "yacking"
    1990 & 1993 Off Property
    1994 & 1997 Carribean Beach Resort
    2001 Fort wildernes Cabins
    2005 House Off Property
    2006 All star Movies ( 20th anniversary no children allowed)
    2006 Pop Century (guilt trip children allowed)
    2007 Carribean Beach Resort ( DH and DW only)
    2008 Pop Century

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 3,808.63 KM from the Magic Kingdom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I made sure I did the HoP when I went in October. There was a guy named James, a castmember, who made the ENTIRE wait for the show worth the WHOLE DAY at the park. He was nice, friendly, KNEW WHO THE PRIME MINISTER OF CANADA IS, (AND WAS!!!), and inaugurateed a little girl as the 44th president of the us of a.

I even went to city hall and priased him, and left a message for some higher up boss, too.

Totally made the whole trip for me!
    Walt was ½ Canadian!

DL, Aug 97; DL, Jul 01; DL, Aug 05; DL, Jan 06; WDW, Oct 06; DL, Dec 06; WDW, Nov 07; DL, Dec 07; DL, Jun 08; DL, Feb 09; DLP, Apr 09; DL, Sep 09; TDL, Oct 09; DL, Jun 10; WDW, Oct, 10; WDW, May, 13; WDW, Sep 14; HKDL, Sep 15, WDW, Mar 17; WDW Jan 19.

Post Thanks / Like

if everyone has a great appreciation for The Hall of Presidents im curious to hear your opinions about The American Adventure over in Epcot.

"America...spread your golden wings...sail on freedoms wind across the sky...great bird with your golden dreams...flying high...flying high"

The film at the end with all the audio from JFK and the Apollo 11 landing always gets to me no matter what.
    "Tomorrowland Transit Authority Metroliner non-stop now departing Rocket Tower Plaza for a round trip Super Skyway Tour."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bradk View Post
    between the sister of the liberty bell and the presidential seal, it's amazing what treasures disney was able to secure and display for people who just finished blasting zurg.
    I only know this because my son just finished a report on the Liberty Bell. The bell Disney has is not the sister bell. The sister bell's home is at Villanova Universersity in PA. In 1950 each state was given a replica of the Liberty Bell as a gift celebrating it's 200th anniversity. That is the bell that is in the magic Kindom. Just a little trivia.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: