Quantcast Fantasmic

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Fantasmic

Post Thanks / Like

Question Fantasmic

Can anyone tell me about Fantasmic? Nobody that I know has seen it. What is it like? Is it hard to get a good spot to see it? Do you stand up to watch it or is it in a place where you sit down? My DD is 6 years old, would she enjoy it? Thanks for any info you can give me.
    PrincessJadesMom
    January 1985-Off site
    April 2006-All Star Movies
    September 2007-Pop Century
    October 2010-Pop Century
    January 2012-Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruise
    February 2012-All Star Movies
    October 2013-All Star Movies
    October 2014-Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

OH MY GOSH!!!!! If you have the chance to see it, please go & see it! My sis (disneydrmr) & I got to see it when we took our trip & loved it! You sit down during it & I really can't tell you about a good spot for we got there late & just sat wherever we could find room. It has plenty of action & the water effects are well worth it. You will see so many characters. It centers around Mickey. I think there is a description of it here on Intercot. Check the MGM part & look for Fantasmic. I know that I will def. go see it again whenever I can make it back to WDW!
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like

It is a show in an actual theater with bench seating, so it isn't like the parades or Illuminations. You line up an hour(more or less depending on crowds) at the gate and wait for them to start admitting guests or, you can do a Fantasmic dinner package which includes a special entrance and special seating. The restaurants that do the package are Hollywood Brown Derby (two DP credits), Mama Melrose, or Hollywood and Vine(both one credit on the Dining Plan).

Without giving it away, the show involves some floats, some fire effects, fireworks, water effects, and characters including some villains-- so if you have little ones, you may want to consider the potential scare factor. The best seats are considered to be in the center aisles, not the dinner package seating which is off to the side. But there isn't a bad seat in the house. Sitting too far front, on breezy days, can lead to getting wet. It's really an incredible show and I wouldn't miss it.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

It is every bit as good as Illuminations & Wishes, albeit totally different. You are in stadium seating & there is a mixture of holograms, lasers, fireworks, & special effects that are extremely good; however, the great part of it is that there is a live action story going on with Mickey as the hero.

If you're going in off-season, you should arrive at Fantasmic ~30 minutes early. During peak-season, you should arrive around one hour early (& once you get your seats send someone to the concession stand for snacks).

Ya' gotta do it. It's greatness.

Post Thanks / Like

Fantasmic is the most unusual show in WDW. It has the elements of a fireworks show, a parade, a live action show, and a movie projected on a wall of water. There is nothing else like it. You may love it, or you may not, but you must see it at least once. It is held in a large outdoor theater with bench seating for 10,000. The best viewing area is in the middle, but there isn't really a bad seat. If there are two shows the day you are there, try the second show, as it will be less crowded.

Post Thanks / Like

Fantasmic is shown in both MGM Studios and Disneyland.

This comment, and the above comments also, refer to the WDW version.

Depending on crowds, be prepared to wait for this show.

The theater does have a significant seating capacity, but you may want to go early. There are several sections of seats, with each section being represented by a different character. Mickey represents the center section, so try and be seated there.

Inside the theater area, there are food and merchandise stands.

I've seen a lot of people who have waited in the Fantasmic theater while their kids / rest of family have gone to ride Tower of Terror or Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, which are both right by the entrance to the Fantasmic theater.

It is a definite must see! It's a ½ hour show.
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

Fantasmic is a must do for our family every trip. We have been lucky enough to get the lower Mickey section (center) each time. Awesome seats...not that any of them are really bad.

My kids love it. Even the three year old who is not too thrilled with scary things.

We did the dinner package the past two year and did not use the preferred seating off to the side because the CM's told us to move to the center for better seats.

Go see it..You will love it.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

This is my favorite show in all of WDW. The show is great and the music is fabulous. I think it's perfectly Disney. Tons of characters. I think your 6yo will love it.

Post Thanks / Like

It is GREAT!!! Don' t Miss it!!!
    Last edited by kaliepooh; 03-20-2007 at 11:45 AM. Reason: So excited I forgot the T on Don't
    Mommy to a Prince & a Princess

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I love Illuminations at Epcot, Fantasmic is still my favorite nightly show at WDW. I enjoy the Disneyland version better, but for viewing, the WDW venue at the Studios is much better. As others have said, it is definately a must-see.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for telling me about the show!! We'll definately go see it!
    PrincessJadesMom
    January 1985-Off site
    April 2006-All Star Movies
    September 2007-Pop Century
    October 2010-Pop Century
    January 2012-Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruise
    February 2012-All Star Movies
    October 2013-All Star Movies
    October 2014-Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

it is a dont miss!!!!
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

Just one tip. Depending on the time of year you go you may want to take a jacket. We went the 1st week of May last year and the breeze was blowing in off the water and DW got so chilled she came down with a cold.
    Best show in "the world"
    1990 & 1993 Off Property
    1994 & 1997 Carribean Beach Resort
    2001 Fort wildernes Cabins
    2005 House Off Property
    2006 All star Movies ( 20th anniversary no children allowed)
    2006 Pop Century (guilt trip children allowed)
    2007 Carribean Beach Resort ( DH and DW only)
    2008 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of comments on previous replies:

No holograms, just lots of mist screen projections.

The Hollywood Hills Ampitheater is large, but it does fill up. If you are saving seats for other members of the party, they will not be readmitted if the theater is full when they return.

If there are 2 shows on a night you're there, you can generally count on getting in to the 2nd show without lining up way in advance.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

The Show is Simply Amazing! You will not want to miss it!
    Kristi Kay
    2003 CP Cast Member

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
    –Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: