Quantcast Counterfeit Rider Switch Passes

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Counterfeit Rider Switch Passes

Cast Members have recently discovered the widespread use of counterfeit Rider Switch passes at attractions offering Fastpass. The passes are printed with the correct Fastpass logo and rider return information. At first glance they look completely valid. However, at Expedition: Everest we are able to identify the bogus Rider Switch passes (I won't disclose how). We will confiscate any invalid Rider Switch Passes, and the person attempting to use it will be turned over to Security. Needless to say, they will not be going on the ride.

The message here is that if you are considering purchasing Fastpasses or Rider Switch Passes on the internet, think again. You may be buying a lot of trouble.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately there will always be people who will try to cheat the system, and profit from the work of others. It's good that CM's have spotted them.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

That's amazing. Im the beginning I remember thinking to myself how easy it would be to counterfeit some fast passes, but then on closer inspection of the tickets you can see they have gone through great extents to foil would be fraud.

Remarkable that someone would try to go through the effort. Must have taken a lot of work to even find the paper they are printed on.

Spartanburg, South Carolina - 8 Hours away from WDW!
    Post Thanks / Like

What is more pathetic: the person making the bogus passes and selling them, or the person buying them?
    30 Visits from 1986 thru 2007
    Resorts -
    All Star Music
    All Star Movies
    All Star Sports
    Caribbean Beach Club
    Port Orleans Riverside
    Boardwalk Inn
    Wilderness Lodge
    DtD Grosvenor
    DtD Courtyard(now the Holiday Inn)
    DtD Doubletree
    DtD Hilton
    Marriot World Center

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaWDWFan View Post
    What is more pathetic: the person making the bogus passes and selling them, or the person buying them?
    To me they are the same. Both low lifes trying to cheat the system.

However, Disneyrox, not sure why you fastpasses would be hard to counterfit, the reason why we have gotten so many changes to our currency lately, is because computers, scanners and printers have become so good that the counterfiters job has become easy.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused on a couple of things?

1.Why would you have to get one of those fastpasses when you can go to the ride and pick one up?

2.Why would you pay for it when you can get it for free?

We didn't have any trouble going to a ride and getting a fastpass. I certainly wouldn't pay for it just to ride a ride.

Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Rabbit 89 View Post
    I'm confused on a couple of things?

1.Why would you have to get one of those fastpasses when you can go to the ride and pick one up?

We didn't have any trouble going to a ride and getting a fastpass. I certainly wouldn't pay for it just to ride a ride.

Michael
    I can only guess that when you are making your own, YOU pick the times, instead of the system dictating the return time. Sometimes ride like Soarin' are "sold out" of fast passes long before guests actually arrive in the park.

I can see this as a way to ride multiple times WITHOUT waiting in lines, OR even waiting for a valid time to get another. Imagine leaving your hotel room with 10 fast passes for Soarin' with return times spaced about 15 minutes apart!

Maybe it's because they don't want to walk all over the park to get fast passes.

I agree with you, though, I don't see much value in this, but it's all relative. Value for me is different than value for you.

I can see how tempting it could be. Just looking at them they appear to be just pieces of paper with printing on them. Upon closer inspection, there are a couple of anti-counterfeit measures. The actual paper they are printed on being the biggest, and most obvious.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Roger Rabbit 89 - why pay for something that is free? I saw Fast Passes on e-bay that sold for over $300!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told my husband that someone was going to be very unhappy when they got to WDW & saw that they were free!!!!!
    Goofys Girl

Several Trips as a Child
    Honeymoon in 1994 at Contemporary
    2 trips w/DH, DD & DS
    Thanksgiving 2008 with whole family - 13 of us!
    June 6 - 11 2010 off-site with DH & our 3 kids
    Next Trip - ?????

Post Thanks / Like

Just one more example that if these morons would / could spend as much time figuring out how to do good instead of how to break rules, the world would be a better place.
    It takes so much more energy to be miserable or to cheat than it does to be happy and do things right....

Some just need run over by a freight train before they learn....
    I'm not bad - I'm just drawn that way!

Next Trip? Not sure but always planning!!
    Oct 2007 House rental
    Dec 2005 CBR
    Jan 2003 House rental
    Aug 1997 Grosvenor
    Sep 1993 Off site hotel

Post Thanks / Like

i guess when the parks are packed and fast passes run out, it might tempt someone to try to counterfit passes, but it is still ridiculous to pay good money to get something that may or not work.

Shoot...for that matter, walk around the parks and at times you'll see fast passes on the ground. Since they don't expire throughout the day, just pick one up and use it on that ride later on
    1996...Magic Music Days...Off Site
    2000...With family...Off site
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR
    2008...4 year anniv...Windsor Hills
    2011...8 year anniv...Lighthouse Key
    2015...10 Year Anniv...Windsor Hills

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 3,808.63 KM from the Magic Kingdom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Grief!

What is a rider Switch Pass anyway?
    Walt was ½ Canadian!

DL, Aug 97; DL, Jul 01; DL, Aug 05; DL, Jan 06; WDW, Oct 06; DL, Dec 06; WDW, Nov 07; DL, Dec 07; DL, Jun 08; DL, Feb 09; DLP, Apr 09; DL, Sep 09; TDL, Oct 09; DL, Jun 10; WDW, Oct, 10; WDW, May, 13; WDW, Sep 14; HKDL, Sep 15, WDW, Mar 17; WDW Jan 19.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Rabbit 89 View Post

Others have answered your other comments but in some cases people will pay because they don't know that the fast pass is free.

If you follow other threads on this web site and others, you will occasionally see first time Disney World visitors asking all sorts of questions, including what is the price, about fast passes.

Granted, not everyone who uses a bogus fast pass does so out of ignorance, but I am sure there are some.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsHerbie53 View Post

Some just need run over by a freight train before they learn....
    ahhh. . . . if only there was such a thing as the moron train. Ready to run down all the morons in the world. what a wonderful world it would be.
    1990-Polynesian, 1998-All-Star Music, 2002-Off Property , 2003-All Star Music, 2007- Pop Century (twice) , 2008-Old Key West, 2008-Off Property, 2009-POFQ,2010-off property, 2011 - POFQ
    Next Up . . . . November 23-30, 2013- Off Property at the Star Island Resort.

Post Thanks / Like

At work, we'd refer that to the loser train. Sorry, just a little jaded ER humor. I'm not usually this negative, I just can't imagine working so hard to cheat the system.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by battle beast View Post
    Good Grief!

What is a rider Switch Pass anyway?
    A rider switch pass is given to families who cannot all ride together, usually because a child does not meet the height requirement. Whoever stays behind with the child receives a rider switch pass that can then be used as a Fastpass after the first group rides. The rider switch pass is good for three people, so some family members may ride twice.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 3,808.63 KM from the Magic Kingdom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver View Post
    A rider switch pass is given to families who cannot all ride together...
    Duh, now I remember! Thanks! I knew that all along!
    Walt was ½ Canadian!

DL, Aug 97; DL, Jul 01; DL, Aug 05; DL, Jan 06; WDW, Oct 06; DL, Dec 06; WDW, Nov 07; DL, Dec 07; DL, Jun 08; DL, Feb 09; DLP, Apr 09; DL, Sep 09; TDL, Oct 09; DL, Jun 10; WDW, Oct, 10; WDW, May, 13; WDW, Sep 14; HKDL, Sep 15, WDW, Mar 17; WDW Jan 19.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread makes me sick. Thanks for the update, Ron, but I can't believe this problem even exists. The concept of buying fake passes to get onto rides is just too ridiculous to fathom.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I can understand for people who have never been to Disney would by the fast passes because they understand, but for the people who know about them and still buy them are just plain lazy to me. Stand in line if you can't get a fast pass. What the heck did you do before fast pass even came out? People just discuss me!
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: