Quantcast Maelstrom, The Jungle Cruise and Country Bear Jamboree

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Maelstrom, The Jungle Cruise and Country Bear Jamboree

Never been to these. How are they and what to expect?
    Poly 2004-2009 LVC
    WL Villas May 2007
    DC Wonder 2010/Poly GVC
    DC Dream 2011/Poly LVC
    Poly LVC 2012
    Contemporary Dec. 2012
    July 2013 Poly GVC
    Poly GVC 2014
    Poly Club April 2015
    AKL Royal Asante Suite 2015
    October Poly Club 2015
    Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf Club April 2016
    Poly Club Dec 2016

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Malstrom is a boat ride in Norway. It's a great little ride. No big drop or turns but very cute. Country Bear is a show with singing bears on a stage. If you have kids under 8 it is great. My older ones aren't as thrilled. The Jungle Cruise is just what it sounds like. A crusie through the jungle. You get to see animals(not real), go through a cave, under a water fall and be entertained by jokes from your captian. It's alot of fun. The Malstrom is in Epcot and the Country Bear's and Jungle Cruise are in Magic Kingdom. Have a great time!
    April 29-May 3- Coronado springs! Engage celeb
    Feb 21-March 1- DCL Bahamas/PORS Royal guest
    November 15th-22nd Marriott's Grande Villas
    May 2-5th Wilderness Lodge surprise engagement!
    Nov 27th-Dec 4rd 2012- Art Of Animation
    March 7-13th 2012 Fort Wilderness cabin
    100+ since 1977

Post Thanks / Like

Maelstrom is a boat ride in the Norway pavilion of World Showcase. The trolls and seemingly scary backward plunge down a waterfall are advertised, but the attraction really is not scary. The drop is similar to the dip in Pirates of the Caribbean. After the short ride is a movie about Norway. Many people walk ride through the theater, but I recommend watching it at least once.

Jungle Cruise is a classic Magic Kingdom attraction in Adventureland. The animals are fake, but the charm of the ride is the skipper. Your guide tells incredibly corny-but-cute jokes that will probably make you groan and smile at the same time. Like Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion, ever guest should experience Jungle Cruise because the experience oozes Disney.

Country Bear Jamboree is another classic Magic Kingdom attraction in Frontierland. Aimed at young children, the show features Audio-Animatronic bears playing instruments and singing songs. Some of the jokes are lame, but the music is fun. Even if you do not have small kids, enjoy the presentation at least once.

The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

melsterom is a nice dark ride. about on a level of Pirates. jungle cruise is a nice boat ride through several "lands", but watch out for the puns. Country bear jamboree is a pleasent animatronic show suitable for everyone. its a nice place to sit & rest. the show runs approx 20-30 minutes. enjoy them all.
    it's not falling off the roof that hurts it's the landing that hurts...GOOFY

All Star Music '97,'99
    All Star Sports '02
    Pop Century '06,'11

Post Thanks / Like

Maelstrom I like and the Jungle Cruise I love, it's a classic. The Bears I could do without. I think we did it twice. Once just to see it and another time to see the Christmas version. I disliked both of them a great deal

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

How far of a walk in Epcot is it. We usually don't go any further than Mexico, we have never walked the whole way. Crazy, I know!
    Poly 2004-2009 LVC
    WL Villas May 2007
    DC Wonder 2010/Poly GVC
    DC Dream 2011/Poly LVC
    Poly LVC 2012
    Contemporary Dec. 2012
    July 2013 Poly GVC
    Poly GVC 2014
    Poly Club April 2015
    AKL Royal Asante Suite 2015
    October Poly Club 2015
    Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf Club April 2016
    Poly Club Dec 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Maelstrom is one of my favourite rides at Epcot. It's a great dark ride; however, I find it pretty short.

JC is tons of fun! One of my top 5 favourite rides in the Magic Kingdom.

I haven't visited Country Bears in YEARS and really have no recollection of the ride.
    WALT DISNEY WORLD TRIPS: 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1996, 2000, 2002, 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Norway is right beside Mexico in Epcot, and the Maelstrom is awesome!

The Country Bears are cute for little ones, but can be passed-up if you have older kids.

The Jungle Cruise has been the biggest waste of time and space in the MK ever since they opened the Animal Kingdom. There is no nostalgia there, just tired old jokes and "fake" animals with early animatronics. SKIP this ride.

Take my advice, or not.

For us, the JC cost us a half-hour of our lives that we will never get back. Yes, it is that bad.

Post Thanks / Like

The Jungle Cruise is a boat ride through a jungle containing animatronic animals and hosted by an intentionally corny and over-the-top (live) captain. It is is pretty dated but has been a favorite of mine since my first visit. It is certainly worth doing at least once. (Though I would do my best to avoid waiting very long to ride.)

The Country Bears is even more corny and over-the-top than the JC. It is a concert performed by animatronic bears. My review of the (no longer active) Christmas version should give you a decent feel for what to expect.

And, hey, what do you know? I've got a review of Maelstrom too!

While I find my reviews to be both informative AND entertaining, the comments from my fellow Intercotees will be just as useful.
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

I always suggest that you try a ride/show once and if you don't like it, you know not to come back. I did that with Stitch's Great Escape and I know never to go back
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 of ma favs

Maelstrom a fun ride with a little surprise in the middle.
    Jungle Cruise is a classic and the jokes never get old
    Country Bears Jamboree is one of my all time favorites. Alot of fun
    1990 & 1993 Off Property
    1994 & 1997 Carribean Beach Resort
    2001 Fort wildernes Cabins
    2005 House Off Property
    2006 All star Movies ( 20th anniversary no children allowed)
    2006 Pop Century (guilt trip children allowed)
    2007 Carribean Beach Resort ( DH and DW only)
    2008 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

We love all three. Especially Maelstrom. My DD 3, was not too thrilled with the trolls..we just told her to close her eyes. We never used to stay for the film about Norway after the ride. We did once a few years ago and now we stay every time. Great, short show. Stay for it at least once.

Have fun!!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Riley Taylor's Mom View Post
    We love all three. Especially Maelstrom. My DD 3, was not too thrilled with the trolls..we just told her to close her eyes. We never used to stay for the film about Norway after the ride. We did once a few years ago and now we stay every time. Great, short show. Stay for it at least once.

Have fun!!
    Hello SSR neighbor! LOL the only part I don't care for in Maelstrom is the film. It is a fun little ride...
    Many, many visits since 1973....

Post Thanks / Like

Maelstrom and Jungle Cruise are on our Must-Do list. We haven't been to the Country Bear Jamboree yet either. Maelstrom is lots of fun, but way too short. It can be a little on the hokey side, but a very entertaining Nordic jaunt. Try not to get stuck in the movie afterwards- when the doors open, you can walk straight through the theater to the exit. Not that the movie is that bad, but you'll only want to see it once. The ride you could do over and over.

Jungle Cruise is lots of fun, but very cheesy. You have to be in the mood to go along for the ride, and the joke. I love to do the Jungle Cruise once during the day, and once in the dark.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon1026 View Post
    Hello SSR neighbor! LOL the only part I don't care for in Maelstrom is the film. It is a fun little ride...
    Hey there. To each their own...lol.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

I had forgotten how short of a ride Maelstrom is, but it is fun.

Country Bears is in need of a rehab - we were in the back few rows, and could "bearly" make out some of the audio. I was thinking that would be a really simple thing to repair with some new speakers.

Jungle Cruise is one of my favorite rides ever. You can basically walk on at night.
    Everybody's got a laughing place - trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Oh you should check them out next time you go, they are great. Marlstrom is a very cute and fun ride, totally love it myself. The jungle cruise is a great ride too, and very very funny, (sometimes). country bear jamboree haven't been in since 2003, but it is a cute show, maybe to once every once in awhile.
    God Bless, Jacquelyn M. Sheely
    (AKA: Jac, or Jazz)

VFK: DisneyJazzGirl
    POTC Online: Horizon SeaCastle
    VMK: GiltterDisneyGirl

WDW: Christmas & New Years 1986-1998/2002-2007
    Summer 03, 05, & 08/March 07 % Jan 09
    "NEXT TRIP" WDW 2010?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    . love to do the Jungle Cruise once during the day, and once in the dark.

Yeah...In fact, since you've never been on The Jungle Cruise I'd recommend going on it at night your first time through.

Not exactly 'scary', but definitely more mysterious when you don't know what's coming up around the next bend.

(Say 'Hi' to 'Dr. Falls' for me)
    "It's the circle of life... and it moves us all..."

Post Thanks / Like

Maelstrom is okay, done it twice now and I really don't see what the big deal is -- and otherwise I LOVE dark rides. I skip the movie.

I love Country Bears and the Jungle Cruise

Jungle Cruise is about Disney nostalgia and very corny jokes. It's awesome. You may not understand it now but you'll "get the point, in the end" (That will make more sense after you've ridden)

Country Bears is just plain fun, especially for kids and us old timers. I am bummed they removed it from DL and I won't see it next week. It features such unforgettable hits as:

"Blood on the saddle... Blood on the ground.. and a GREAT BIG PUDDLE of... blood all around." (really hilarious)

"All the guys who turn me on turn me down."

and of course

"Momma don't whup little Buford."
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Catzle View Post
    How far of a walk in Epcot is it. We usually don't go any further than Mexico, we have never walked the whole way. Crazy, I know!
    You've been four years in a row and haven't gotten past Mexico!? You were so close...Norway is the next stop.

By the way, walking the World Showcase may be the most enjoyable walk in all of Disney World.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: