Quantcast Best Bus Service - Moderate Resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Bus Service - Moderate Resort

Which moderate resort (Port Orleans FQ, Port Orleans RS, Coronado Springs, Carribean Beach) has the best bus service?

I like POFQ because it's small and the walk is usually shorter. Plus it's the first stop on the PO route.
    off site - 91
    Port Orleans FQ - 93,94,97,99,02,04,06,10,11,14,16,18
    Villas at Disney Institute - 95
    All-Star Music - 00
    Dixie Landings - 00
    Coronado Springs - 01,07
    Saratoga Springs - 07
    Caribbean Beach - 08
    Wilderness Lodge - 20
    Boardwalk - 22

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

POFQ is nice being the first stop, but the fact that it has to share with POR makes it a hassle for me. It takes a LONG time to hit all of those POR stops. So, coming back it's not so bad other than the fact that the buses are packed and I never get to sit down (I'm a young, male so I pretty much give up my seat to everyone). I think CS and CBR their own buses, so that would probably be better.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

There are seven bus stops at CBR and five bus stops at CS...so, in the end FQ most likely is the same...for my $$$ Pop Century is the BEST...only one stop and doesn't share with any other hotels...big bonus...although once we got caught and it took EIGHT bus' to get home from the MK after the MNSSHP...was the only resort that the buses couldn't keep up.

Have a WONDERFUL TIME...I'm going to check out the buses at Saratoga Springs for the first time in April...I already know that ALL STAR SPORTS is the first stop both coming and going so that'll be OK....
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Pirate Granny
    We just got back from Saratoga Springs a few weeks ago. There are 4 stops, and there was no real pattern on which order we stopped at them.

If you can, walk to Downtown Disney, that'll save a few waits at the bus stop.

I'll have to check out Pop Century. I assumed it was a value resort like All-Stars, but maybe it's worth it.

Strmchsr
    I hear you about standing up a lot, I'm the same way. That's a good reason to stay at POFQ over POR since you get off first.
    off site - 91
    Port Orleans FQ - 93,94,97,99,02,04,06,10,11,14,16,18
    Villas at Disney Institute - 95
    All-Star Music - 00
    Dixie Landings - 00
    Coronado Springs - 01,07
    Saratoga Springs - 07
    Caribbean Beach - 08
    Wilderness Lodge - 20
    Boardwalk - 22

Post Thanks / Like

During my recent week at POFQ, I only ONCE in the whole week was on a bus that went to all 4 of the POR stops before heading to our destination.

MOST of the time, we didn't go into POR at all, which surprised me. And it was DEFINITELY not like we had full buses with standing room only or anything like that. I remember a coupla times we went into POR but stopped only at the main depot before moving out.

As far as the ride back to the resorts from MK, after 3:00 p.m. they each have their own waiting area and separate buses.

And just some useless trivia ....
    Even though POFQ always the first stop in both directions, this doesn't hold true for the buses going to and from Downtown Disney. The DTD buses start at POR and only after all 4 POR stops do they stop at POFQ before going to DTD. The same on the way back from DTD -- they stop at POR first and the POFQ stop is dead last.

And for those of you keeping score at home, the boat originates at POR, then stops at POFQ, then stops at DTD, and on the way back it stops at POFQ first before moving on to POR.

Post Thanks / Like

Coronado Springs,hands down. Port Orleans buses always has a huge line and they stop at two resorts . Again,that's just my opinion. Both resorts are pretty to look at though.
    1st trip to WDW Offsite-1994
    All Star Sports-June 1999
    Coronado Springs-February 26-March 4th 2007(solo trip)
    Can't wait to go back..

pogo Guest

You know..... the nice thing about Disney transprotation is that the drivers use a radio to call for more busses if they get full before they make all the assigned stops.

I haven't seen much difference in time or hassle at any of the Mods.

Post Thanks / Like

I think if you are going to wdw in a slow time the buses wont be an issue but if you go during peak than it might be important to take that into consideration when you decide were to stay.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

My last trip I stayed at POR and that was the worst bus service I have ever had. One morning we waited for an hour for a bus to Magic Kingdom and we had three to the Animal Kingdom come through while we were waiting. Also, the line at night leaving the parks to get to the POR bus was so long we would have had to wait for about 3 before we got on, so we caught a taxi instead.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cranium Commando

Recently stayed at CBeach. We made plenty of stops, with Old Port Royale being the best place to get on/off. Also, we learned a great deal from a WDW bus driver. She told us NEVER to go to DTD to get a bus to another resort because the wait there is too long. (She was right, by the way) She told is to go to the closet theme park to our site, then transfer there to whichever resort we wanted to go to.

That did save a bunch of time. We had friends at the Boardwalk and had dinner reservations at GF and Poly, and getting there took us less than a half hour. (We waited at DTD for a half hour just to catch a bus to Boardwalk)

One day, Disney will have buses that not only take you from your resort to theme park, but also resort to resort. (I hope)

Post Thanks / Like

My family has stayed at all of the moderates and transportation is VERY important to us.

I believe that Coronado Springs has the best busing, period. Yes, it has four stops within the resort but they go fast. Maybe it is because the resort is not as busy? There have been times that my family have been the only guests on the bus. We go every year in mid-August.

I think the worst was at POFQ/Riverside. They share buses and they get very crowded. Although the theming and grounds of the resort is one of our favorites, we will not stay there again because of the transportation.

The Caribbean Beach Resort's transportation was fine, just not as good as Coronado's.

We have stayed at many of Disney's resorts and when it comes to busing, we think that Coronado's is best of them all.

This is just our opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Coronado Springs was the best bus service we've had. The buses were never all that crowded and we never had any really long waits.

When we were down the August, the fact that it had the 1st bus stop at the MK was great. Short walk from the bus stop to the main gate, but more important when we were leaving the park the short walk to the bus stop.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL