Quantcast VMK, Getting tougher? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I have to admit I'm a little confused. Has the words for "meet" "find" etc have been taken out? Because I'm on VMK right now and I see Boys meet girls still on the popular list. I see other rooms like Boys and Girls party. Is VMK supposed to be taking out "taken" from VMK? Or are they allowing it?
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    LittleDragonErin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytinkerbellprincess View Post
    Okay, I have to admit I'm a little confused. Has the words for "meet" "find" etc have been taken out? Because I'm on VMK right now and I see Boys meet girls still on the popular list. I see other rooms like Boys and Girls party. Is VMK supposed to be taking out "taken" from VMK? Or are they allowing it?
    Being that half...er...80% of the players don't read the newsletter, they probably don't know about the change to the values. Then there's also those players who like to work the system and try to find ways around the new rules. I believe VMK is taking steps to removing the whole "taken" thing but is going one step at a time as I'm sure a drastic change would cause quite an uproar. So this week has been the removal of "meet" rooms. We've heard the notices of "taken" not allowed in signatures as well, and I'm betting it will be mentioned in the newsletter this week. People have been asking the help button if taken is against the values and many are getting a simple response of "not yet". But notice the "yet".

Post Thanks / Like

We are getting to the point were every 5 minutes or as soon as you log in there will be a pop up window saying that they changed the rules. That would be the only way to tell everyone perfectly.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know were I read it from but I hear that people like you fan, Dragon,JP AND CITA can go into there rooms and tell them to change the name cause all you guys are CL_. I could be wrong on that but that is what I read somewere just can't remember were I saw it at?
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

We probably could do it but I wouldn't for the simple fact that all I could do was request them to change the title. We have no authority and are supposed to leave things like this up to staff.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

LittleDragonErin Guest

We can go in and REQUEST them to do so as they are doing something against the values, and there may be a chance they don't know it is. If they listen, then great. If they don't, it will most likely become an argument if the matter is pushed further. As for ORDERING them to, that's something best left to staff.

Remember when all the CL's got that PM about not helping during the maze event last year? Why can't VMK just send out a PM to everybody about it? I know pop up windows are more effective since you CAN'T miss them, but for something like this so we don't have to see it every 5 minutes for like a week, how about just a simple PM to say either here's the values updated or refer them via a link. Simplistic logic isn't their strong suit me thinks.

Post Thanks / Like

What I've been doing is just giving a reminder of the rules. I tell people that they might not know it yet but the rules have changed and those type of rooms aren't allowed anymore. I tell them I don't want to see them get into trouble so they might want to change the title and description before staff changes it. Anybody can do that when they come across it, but so far I've only been met with 'so what' and 'I can do what I want' and boots so I'm not going out of my way to tell them anymore. Staff will find them.
    Laura
    AKA Mamacita in the VMK
    Past trips:
    WDWx7 (CBRx2, ASMx2, POR, Poly, FW)
    DLx7
    Next up, who knows!
    No time for goofin off, I got dawdlin to do!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I didn't know about that. Like I said I think I read that some were so I may be wrong on it.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad VMK / Disney is stepping up to the plate and ensuring that VMK is a safe environment for everyone.

I'm sure most people (like myself) are ok / comfortable with what everyone's opinions & choices are in real life. However, I think that parents / friends / counselors / teachers / whoever should be the ones to discuss what's going on in today's society - not a computer game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but VMK is about hanging out and playing games with friends and forgetting about 'real life' stuff for an hour or two.
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

Look what I found this week under the Community Reminder section of the newsletter page.

3/13 – Remember, it's against the VMK Values to create or open ANY type of 'relationship' room (rooms that include words like 'meet,' 'pick,' 'get,' 'find,' 'have,' 'taken,' etc.) in VMK. You'll be warned and possibly banned for opening any type of room that promotes this activity.
    For more information or a reminder of what's acceptable in VMK refer to the VMK Values page.

Just thought I might want to share this
    VMK Name: DidneyWDWkm (AKA Did) then it changed to Didney_km
    Next Trip to Disney: December! Hopefuly its not as cold as last time...

Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, they added that a couple days after they made the changes to the values.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Phew finally! Most parents (kinda like mine) are extremely uncomfortable when things like taken pop up. It's kinda weird when someone is watching you play VMK and then a guy comes up saying "you're pretty" or "do you want to be my girl friend?"

Go VMK! Knock that taken stuff out!
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Doll want to be my girlfriend heehee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RicksCafe View Post
    Central Plaza is always a good place to rattle the kids. If you see me on the corner alone, I'm like a hawk, biding my time until I can mess with some rude spikey-haired boy's ego.

But my new favorite? The Sci-Fi Dine-in! If I'm in there, I'm wrecking havoc!
    You sound like someone who has a lot of fun! Next time I hope I am there.
    I am a woman of many moods and they all require chocolate.

Post Thanks / Like

Question

On another board a VMK player asked Mocha if having "I do not do taken" in your signature was against VMK values? Mocha told her to please remove it. I have this in my signature, do you think I could get banned if I do not remove it?
    First Trip To DL 11/56
    DLR PAP (for a long time and currently)
    July 17, 2005 I was there!
    July 17, 2010 I was there!
    VMK - Tinkcollector R.I.P.
    Member #1660 on Intercot West
    Tinkcollector on Intercot-West (R.I.P., good bye West-Side.)
    D23 Charter Member

LittleDragonErin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marla View Post
    On another board a VMK player asked Mocha if having "I do not do taken" in your signature was against VMK values? Mocha told her to please remove it. I have this in my signature, do you think I could get banned if I do not remove it?
    Probably not banned but like with signatures that deal with religion (such as "I heart the king of kings" etc.) and such they will ask you to change it if they see it or if somebody reports you having it.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thanks Erin. When I was in VMK today I removed it. I did not want to take any chances.
    First Trip To DL 11/56
    DLR PAP (for a long time and currently)
    July 17, 2005 I was there!
    July 17, 2010 I was there!
    VMK - Tinkcollector R.I.P.
    Member #1660 on Intercot West
    Tinkcollector on Intercot-West (R.I.P., good bye West-Side.)
    D23 Charter Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: