Quantcast Resorts with quiet pools?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Resorts with quiet pools?

My husband loves POR. His requirments are: A quiet pool right outside our room, close to the food court, main pool, etc. It also has to have a restaurant and be close to the bus stop. He also likes to have our car close by (We drive). He really does not ask for much ..... I found this at POR but I have not seen this set up in any other hotel. He loves having the best of both worlds - the quiet pool and the hustle of the main building a few feet away.

Are there any other resorts that would fit his needs? I would love to stay deluxe but I would hate to spend the money only to hear I want to move to POR. In the past we have stayed at POFQ and CBR (neither met his requirements). We have gone to the world many times and have always stayed at POR. I just want to try something new.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help

First trip 1972
    Last trip 7/11
    Next trip 6/12

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Samoa building at the Poly!
    Poly 3/97, Poly 1/98, Poly 2/99, Poly 2/00, Poly 9/03,
    POR & Poly 9/05, POR & Poly 9/06
    , Poly 9/07
    Poly 9/08, POR & Poly 8/10, POR & Poly 8/13, Heading back POR & Poly Concierge 8/15

Post Thanks / Like

Pool area room as AKL is as close as I could get to filling all those requirements. Car being close seems to be the worst there...
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

The Polynesian has a quiet pool. We were in the Tokelau building and the quiet pool was right outside

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like POR is your best choice. The quiet pools at POR hardly ever have anyone in them.

Another option may be to look at a DVC property. VWL and BCV both have their own quiet pool, but you can still use the main pool as well. The rack rates are expensive $$$$, but you could always save money renting points. We are renting points for a studio the last week of March for six nights, and it is costing us less than a moderate.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

I think Coronado would meet his requirements. There are several small pools right outside of room clusters and then the large pool. This resort has an overall quiter, more adult, less rushed pace about it. We have stayed at all the Disney resorts with the exception of GF and Poly and this is one of our favorites.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions! I will try to talk him into staying somewhere else. If not, we are still at WDW - anywhere will be fine

First trip 1972
    Last trip 7/11
    Next trip 6/12

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmouse566 View Post
    I think Coronado would meet his requirements. There are several small pools right outside of room clusters and then the large pool. This resort has an overall quiter, more adult, less rushed pace about it.
    I agree! we stayed at the coronado in 2004 on our first trip. We were in the ranchitos, I believe, and literally STEPS away from the quiet pool. Our car was not that far away, either. It was a walk to the main pool, lobby, restaurants, etc. but nothing major. Matter of fact, when we first arrived, we drove to the big pool, not realizing how close it was! We ended up walking more than if we had just walked from the room@

I haven't stayed at any deluxes so I can't help you there, but we really enjoyed the Coronado.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Caribbean Beach would fit those needs. Especially rooms in Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45 (non-smoking).

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: