Quantcast Alfredo's Closing - Permanently!**Updated 4/19/07** - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the bump! This news made my day. I hated that place. I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt a few times, but it was awful. Olive Garden was better!...and they're the McD's of Italian restaurants.

(Great Grandparents are direct from Calabria...sorry Olive Garden lovers.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy alfredo's closing

Just returned from WDW and Alfredo's --- I am shocked so many don't like this restaurant --- it is my FAVORITE!! My husband lived in Southern Italy (Palermo) for 2 years, speaks fluent Italian and states the food is truly authentic, just as he ate in Palermo. We go every trip and sometimes multiple times, speak to the staff in Italian and it is so much fun. So sad this is closing and LOVE the history of the restaurant. Wish they would sell duplicates of the Celebrity photos on the walls. I hate Olive Garden --- the thought makes me want to be sick. Can't believe anyone would prefer OG over Alfredo's.... perhaps Americans have over Americanized Italian just as we have Chinese food if OG is acceptable Italian... I even bought a new cookbook at Epcot that includes the Fett. Alfredo recipe. Will be very sad to see it close --- will have to learn to make it at home...
    cindymouse6
    OKW, BW, BC DVC owners
    Contemp. 8/78
    OKW 93,94,95
    BW 96, OKW 96
    Honeymoon OKW 5/97 x2weeks
    DCL 3/02, 12/04, 12/06
    +++Too many to count! 25 times since 1994!! and counting!

This year: OKW 7/08, BC & BW 12/08, BC 3/09, AKL 6/09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyBand1 View Post
    Thanks for the bump! This news made my day. I hated that place. I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt a few times, but it was awful. Olive Garden was better!...and they're the McD's of Italian restaurants.

(Great Grandparents are direct from Calabria...sorry Olive Garden lovers.)
    My DH's great grandparents came from Calabria also! Not a huge fan of Alfredo's either. We're spoiled with fabulous italian food here (Federal Hill) and close by in Boston (Little Italy). Plus we live in Cranston which has a very large Italian population. Our old neighbors were born and raised in Italy. They would cook for us all the time. My favorite by far are the stuffed squash flowers!!! My middle DDs first food ever was pasta (pastina)!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta tell ya', we were at Alfredo's at Christmas and it really wasn't so good. the service was sloooow ( I know, I know, it was Christmas!) and the food was not at all up to their standard. We've eaten there at least three or four times. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.
    ZADDDD
    VISITS:
    1990- Off-site
    1993-Carribean Beach
    1994-Disneyland
    1995-Carribean Beach
    2000-Coronado springs
    2002-Coronado Springs
    2004-Coronado Springs
    2006-All Star Movies (Christmas!)
    2009-MK
    2010- MK & Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

My Dh & I ate here about 4 years ago. I was one of the worse experiences we have had. He got sick after dinner while we were watching the fireworks & I had the worst Alfredo sauce ever! When we returned I wrote Disney a letter & they had given us a full refund for our meal. Needless to say I am not sorry to see them go.

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad! My DW and I ate there for the first time last May. On a whim we decided to have lunch and had a truly WONDERFUL time! We passed on eating in the dining room and took a table outside! THe service was great! no one wanted to be outside so we had about 3 waiters instead of one. If we wanted anything all we had to do was motion a hand and someone was there. The food was superb! Do not remember what we had but we both enjoyed it it tremendously! While there we sat at a table next to a family from Mauritania. When we were both done with our meals we had a chance to talk with them which just added to the memorable experience. Do not know if we will get back before it closes, so to Alfredo's - Salute! and Grazie!
    Bazz
    81 - Offsite, 97,98 - Dixie Landings
    99 - BWV - DVC Member
    00 - BWV/DCL-Wonder
    01 - BWV,OKW, 02, 03 - OKW
    04 - OKW, SSR
    05 - SSR - May, OKW-Aug, BCV-OCT
    06 - SSR - May, SSR - Aug, VWL-OCT
    07 - SSR - Jan, OKW - Jul, SSR,BCV -Oct
    08 - SSR - May, SSR - Jul, SSR - Sep

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Patina Group

Patina Group which is owned by Compass group PLC, who also owns Levy and Wolfgang puck will be taking over the Italian restaurant in EPCOT. Their chef is a French cuisine trained German and the company is English, that makes sense. Their restaurant "Naples" in Disneyland is one of the worst reviewed restaurants in Disney's whole lineup, makes you wonder who's getting the kickback?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waltsadmirer View Post
    Patina Group which is owned by Compass group PLC, who also owns Levy and Wolfgang puck will be taking over the Italian restaurant in EPCOT. Their chef is a French cuisine trained German and the company is English, that makes sense. Their restaurant "Naples" in Disneyland is one of the worst reviewed restaurants in Disney's whole lineup, makes you wonder who's getting the kickback?
    What's your source? Can you link us or clue us in on how you were clued in?

Patina Group has many WONDERFUL restaurants as well. And I personally have had fabulous experiences with the FOOD at Naples. The service has been hit and miss, but that is a regional thing and specific managerial expectations, which can vary widely. So I am not assuming that will be the issue here.

Post Thanks / Like

If true, this make sense. It sounds like Naples is the same as Alfredo's -- mediocre at best.
    bicker
    Don't take it personally, it's only business!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clotho View Post
    What's your source? Can you link us or clue us in on how you were clued in?
    There are details about this in the News forum. Look for the Tidbits thread stickied at the top.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

I've been to Alfredos every time I've gone to Disney...and every time, it has gotten worse. I loved it the 1st time, then it was ok, and when I went New Years Eve it was horrible. I will be there next month, and I'm not going...kinda sad really.

Really too bad, because the servers are incredible (and very good looking too...ahhh the joys of being Italian! )
    ~Greg~
    18 trips to WDW!
    Next trip: Nov 14-18, 2013!

9 trips to Disneyland!
    Next trip: Dec 22-23, 2013

4 trips to Tokyo Disneyland!
    Next Trip: Dec 17-19, 2013

5 trips to Hong Kong Disneyland!
    Next Trip: ?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: