Quantcast Alfredo's Closing - Permanently!**Updated 4/19/07** - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never been as the menu didn't really appeal to me. I'm not a huge fan of Italian. I did plan to eat there someday though - guess not now since my trip is in August. Oh well, I hope whatever new comes is good!
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Are you sure Alfredo's is closing?

I just called Disney Dining and they know nothing of Alfredo's closing in July. They are still actively taking reservations out to 180 days. Can this be double-checked? My daughter has this as her #1 choice for our trip in August.

Thanks.

Greg.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to know too. I am getting ready to make our ADRs for Sept pretty soon and we really like to go here every year. Hopefully there will be more info coming through soon.
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean. Last weekend I sat my two kids down and told them this time they each got to pick one TS restaurant thet they want to go to. My son picked Japan and my daughter picked Italy. Now there is a good chance we will get neither. Bummer!!

Post Thanks / Like

I had hoped to go there in Nov, guess not now huh. Maybe the new Italin place will be open then.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

I just called Disney Dining and they know nothing of Alfredo's closing in July.
    All that means is Disney has not updated their computer system. Typically the Dining Cast Members can only tell you what pops up on their computer screen.

TiggTigg5 has a direct source internally at Disney. He would not have posted the announcement if it was not official.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

I am heartbroken by this news and would love to know the reasoning, anyone? I agree with the folks that say it is hit or miss and it certainly wasn't the best Italian food (we have Boston's North End here) but we always looked forward to eating at Alfredo's during our WDW trips. Before our DD was born and after, Alfredo's was a restaurant that you could stand by to have a good time and have a hearty meal. I always ordered off the menu - penne bolegnese - which the staff never minded and we would have a bottle of wine and great aps. The entertainment was boisterous and fun and who can not love the accents on the waiters ; ). Finally, my DD loves spaghetti so when we went to Alfredo's we were able to have somewhat of an "adult night" feel while appeasing her too. This is a huge restaurant and WS might be in a dining crunch with the refurb of Tepanyaki at the same time.

Grazia Alfredo's - you will be missed !
    Or do you still wait for me dream giver? Just around the river bend....

Poly 2x a year from Oct 95' - Apr. 04', N/05', M/10.
    Boardwalk: J/05', M/05', O/06', A/07', O/07, M/08, 1O/08, 5/11
    Y&B: N/09'
    Special events: Poly/Oct 94'/Honeymoon; Poly/Jan 00'/Millenium; Poly/Nov 05'/Vow Renewal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wagjb View Post
    I just called Disney Dining and they know nothing of Alfredo's closing in July. They are still actively taking reservations out to 180 days. Can this be double-checked? My daughter has this as her #1 choice for our trip in August.
    I too just called WDW and they told me that until the dining system is updated it is not official. Although I'd be hard pressed to see this site be wrong. We too were going to eat there is Sept. I guess it's farewell to Alfredo's.

Is there any info as to how long it is going to take WDW to replace the restaurant? Will there be somewhere to dine in Italy come Sept?
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I am shocked. This is one of our favorite places in EPCOT and we eat there every trip. Our food and service has always be very good. I will miss this place.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Since I won't be able to order it anymore.....

anyone have the recipe for their Fettechini (sp?) alfredo???

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say I was not a big fan of Alfredo's I know it has meaning to some people and holds great memories and for this reason I am sad to see it go. But I am yet to find good Italian anywhere in or near WDW. Call me spoiled I guess.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Add me to the list of people who are really sad to see Alfredo's go. Yes, it isn't the best Italian place i've ever been to. But I LOVED their fetuccine alfredo (the only time I spluge and order it, actually b/c it's so worth it!). Plus I liked actually going into the Italy pavillion to get to it. Until the new restaurant is open, I hope people still wander back there for the atmosphere!

So glad we ate there last month!

(For anyone interested in the recipe, I believe it is in one of the Gourmet Mickey cookbooks that they sell in the parks.)
    Poly: Mar90, Jul91, Mar95, Dec98, Jul00 (future DH 1st trip!)
    WL: Oct02 (Honeymoon), Dec03, Feb07, Mar09 (DS 1st trip!)
    CSR: Oct05
    BWI: Sep08
    Other trips: Apr94,96 offsite, Aug99 Dolphin, May07 DL

Next:
    Dec09 AKV Kidani

Apr10 Poly (20th WDW "Anniversary")

Post Thanks / Like

I too never ate there - mainly because I get Italian a lot and feel like we have some great restaurants for Italian food near us. But I liked the stories of people being trained at the Alfredo's in Italy and coming back to work in Epcot... I always figured some day I'd be in the mood for really good Fettucini Alfredo and head there... oh well - sigh. Hopefully what comes will be somewhat authentic and not chainy.
    -KTM
    DH
    DS - 4

1990 - Off Property
    1994 - CBR
    1995 - GF, WL
    1999 - PO, BC
    2001 - DL, BC, DCL Wonder
    2005 - AKL, WL
    2006 - CSR - Sept

Post Thanks / Like

very saddened to hear about this news!! we have eaten at Alfredo's on everytrip down, i'm glad that will be there in June so at least we can get 1 more in!, now to answer the post's before mine about how bad the food was on this trip and that trip, you can't tell me that everytime you've eaten at the Rose&Crown or Lecelluir etc, that the food was spot on all the time?? you know Wayne Gretzky was and still is the greatest hockey player to skate (well maybe Bobby Orr is a close 2nd) and play the game of hockey and even he couldn't score a goal in every game!! GIVE ALFREDO'S THE DO THAT IT NEEDS!!!

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

L'Originale Fettucine Alfredo (from L'Originale Alfredo di Roma's):

Ingredients:

1 lb. fresh fettuccine noodles

4 quarts boiling, salted water

1 cup unsalted Plugra butter, softened (Plugra butter is higher in fat than ordinary butter and can be found in gourmet-type grocery stores. You could substitute regular unsalted butter but you will taste a difference.)

1/3 to 1/2 cup Parmegiano Reggiano cheese, freshly grated

Prep:

Melt Plugra butter over very low heat. Whisk in grated parmesan cheese; continue whisking over a low heat until the cheese melts and the butter/cheese sauce becomes a creamy consistency. Drop fettuccine in boiling salted water. Cook until noodles float to the top of the pot (2 to 3 minutes). Drain immediately and place in large pasta bowl; toss with sauce. Garnish with freshly cracked black pepper.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Compared to the last meal I had at Alfredo's, in November, Olive Garden would be a step up.
    SteveL

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! What a shock. Just like everyone else, I am very suprised and caught off guard. I am sure like everything else at WDW it has to do with money (prob. how much more WDW wanted).

Although I love Alfredos, I kind of agree with some people here on this post. I was there in December and the food was not the greatest and the service definitely was a major step down. I will miss it though.
    "In the future, packages will be sent to distant worlds through beams of light!"

"Prepare yourselves......for an unforgettable, encounter!"

Post Thanks / Like

Although we have not eaten here in a few years it was the first place we ate on our very first Disney trip as a family back in 2002. We always consider eating there but always decide to try something new. In Dec. we had an adr and ended up canceling it to go someplace else. Now I kind of wish we had gone one last time. DH and I are taking a short trip at the end of April so maybe he and I will get one last chance to eat there but i don't think it will be the same without our DD's. I guess all we can do is try to think good thoughts and hope they put something really special in its place.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Compared to the last meal I had at Alfredo's, in November, Olive Garden would be a step up.

I couldn't agree with you more
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Arrivederci and good riddance! Looking forward to a better Italian dining experience coming soon.
    1995 - Grand Floridian (Honeymoon)
    1997 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    1998 - All-Star Music
    2005 - All-Star Music & Movies
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: