Quantcast celebritiy encounters?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default celebritiy encounters?

just curious - has anybody ever seen or had an encounter with a celebrity in the parks? They must go there too; just wondering if anybody has a story to share! (I asked this a few years ago and somebody said they saw nicholas cage!)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My sister claims she ran right into Aerosmith's Steven Tyler in World Showcase near Japan and he was very nice and asked if she was enjoying her day.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

at the risk of people hating me again for this one.....

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...o0bsVg&notag=1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post

Wow, that's a seriously old pic. That was back when the Gloved One was still a black man instead of a white woman. Shari, please tell me that's not you sitting next to him.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post

Ahh wow flashback!!! How did this happen? Wohoo for you! I'm a tad bit jealous!!!
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

No! Not me there! I was about 16 when we took it and the little girl's mom asked us to send a copy of the photo. It was back in April 84 I was in high school right before Capt EO and after Thriller, said before wouldn't want to be taking a pic of him now!

Post Thanks / Like

Whew! That makes me feel a little bit better!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Default can't confirm but...

Last year (we were there March 28-April 5) my DH SWEARS he saw Ron Jeremy at EPCOT. This was before we even started our beer tour, and the DH is pretty good with faces. I went skipping down the concourse to catch a glimpse, but I didn't see him so I can't confirm it. Scary thought, Ron Jeremy at WDW!

Post Thanks / Like

I also saw Michael Jackson. Portions of Pleasure Island closed for him the night we were there. He was leaving one club and going to another with his huge band of bodyguards surrounding him. I happened to be right where he was coming downstairs and as he passed he said hello to my sister and me. By then people had seen him and swarmed over to where he was...a little scary to be in a such a large crowd pushing toward you. I wasn't a big fan, but it was still cool to see him. I can't remember what year it was exactly, but I'm thinking early 90s.
    It's not easy being green....

Post Thanks / Like

In 2000 we saw Hulk Hogan when we were exiting Splash Mountain. He was waiting for some people who were getting off too. My brother went up and asked if it was him and he said it was and shook his hand.
    June 1988 Fort Wilderness
    June 1998 Off Site
    Jan. 2000 Villas at Disney Institute
    Jan. 2003 Off Site
    Aug. 2007 Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I saw Kelly Rippa and her kids getting off PotC in the gift shop. She was with some disney guides (or some type of CM). She was with that guy from the soap opera shows (her husband I think).
    "Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time. And for a brief moment, we have been among its many passengers. From the very beginning, we have always sought to reach out to one another ... to bridge the gaps between us ... to communicate."

Post Thanks / Like

While I was a CM at DLR I saw:

Tommy Lee and Pam Anderson
    Kristian Alfonso and Victor Alfieri (Days of our Lives)
    Casey and Jean Kasem

My first WDW trip we were in line at Primeval Whirl chit chatting with Usher and Chili!! I didn't even realize it was them, we were just being friendly!! DH told me after we left, I felt stupid for not even recognizing them and asking for a pix or something

I think that's it...
    ~Rhi~

Former Disneyland CM - 1997-1998
    All Star Sports - April 2002
    POFQ Disneymoon - July 2005

Post Thanks / Like

When we were there in April '02 we saw Joey Lawrence browsing the shops in France. The same day we also heard from CMs that John Stamos was in the parks, but we didn't see him, although I would have liked to.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

We saw David Copperfield at the Indiana Jones show in MGM. Before the show people kept running down to take his picture. After awhile he stood up w/ a camera and started taking the audiences pictures. Not sure if he was being funny or sending a message. This was sometime in the mid-90's when I believe he was going to create an attraction with Disney at MGM. I remember there being a sign out front but I can't recall what it was supposed to be. Anybody else remember this?
    Next Trip: 2019-Yacht Club
    Resorts Stayed At Since 1994
    :
    Yacht Club (9 times)
    Beach Club (10 times)
    Animal Kingdom Lodge (1 time)
    Caribbean Beach (3 times)
    Dixie Landings (1 time)
    Contemporary Resort (1 time)

1987 Disney Music Days-Marched in EPCOT!!

Post Thanks / Like

In February '06 my DS was at Epcot wearing his Teddy Bruschi jersey (NE Patriots) when someone tapped him on his shoulder -- it was Teddy Bruschi!!! My son was by himself at the time and speechless! I wish I could have been there. Also during that trip I saw someone who looked so much like George Lucas at MGM. Later that night at Fantasmic I heard people talking about having seen George Lucas that day, so I guess I DID see him! It was a great trip. Oh, how I miss WDW
    Caribbean Beach - March 2010
    Contemporary & Caribbean Beach - February 2006
    Polynesian - January 2003
    Caribbean Beach - December 2000
    Caribbean Beach - February 1999
    Caribbean Beach - February 1997

Post Thanks / Like

i have seen Regis Phillbin...and my coolest one was Robin Williams...it was in Innoventions..i was playing a game and someone came up and got the other controller but i was paying attention i was into the game i was playing...next thing i know my mom whispers in my ear...do you know your standing next to Robin Williams..it was pretty cool..and wow i wish you all could of saw what he was wearing lol..hes was all mix matched and what not...ive also seen alot of Soap stars around the parks and on the airplane going to Orlando..but thats just cuz we have gone a few times around soap week...
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Way back, when I was in middle school (I am now in my 30s), my brother spotted Doug Flutie. My dad wouldn't let us say anything and told us to respect his space and let him be with his family. Last February, we saw Bob Kraft in Magic Kingdom and my dad walked right up to him and said hello. Mr. Kraft then gave my 14 month old son (who happened to be wearing a Patriots hat) a pin with the Lombardi trophy and Patriots symbol on it. We give my dad a hard time, since he never let my brother or I talk to any celebrities we saw when we were younger. He was so happy to meet Mr. Kraft and tell him how much he loves the Patriots. My DH was quite excited too. Now, all they talk about is how they didn't ask to get a picture with him!
    Beth

Past Trips: 83 86 88 89 95 97 00 03 04 06 08 (CBR, Dixie Landings/POR, Coronado, Contemporary)
    Next Trip: Feb 27th to March 7th 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

The family and I saw Toby Keith with his family at the Magic Kingdom in December of ' 05. We got a few pictures of him waiting by Splash Mountain. Of course he had his own personal tour guide to take him around. Must be nice !

" Everybody's got a laughin' place "

Steve

Trips to Walt Disney World : many !

Post Thanks / Like

My son and I were getting off BTMR this past Jan when Joakim Noah, the basketball player from the University of Florida was getting off.He was a few cars behind us. Man, he was quite tall and had crazy hair.
    POR - 2007
    POR - 2009 ?

Post Thanks / Like

how is it that all these people are just walking around with the rest of us?? Don't they get mobbed?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: