Quantcast Pics of Contemporary North Wing Demolition - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Pilot View Post
    I get a "bandwidth exceeded" picture when I try to open those links. But this sounds interesting, and I'd like to see it. Gotta agree with WDWacky, though: DVC is really getting to be intrusive of other paying guests' enjoyment of WDW.
    Sorry about the bandwidth issue. My photo links have been reset now and you should be able to see them. I had so many views that I used up all the bandwidth alloted to my account
    Poly: 00, 03 x 2, 04, 05, 07 x 2, 09 x 2, 10, 11
    CR: 01, 02 x 2, 04, 06 x 2, 10, 11, 12
    GF: 01, 04
    F.W. Cabin: 07
    S/D: 01, 02 x 2, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09
    WL: 16
    POR: 14, 15
    DLR: 08, 13

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Goofy Pilot Guest

Quote Originally Posted by J.C.&ALI'SMOM View Post
    Sorry about the bandwidth issue. My photo links have been reset now and you should be able to see them. I had so many views that I used up all the bandwidth alloted to my account
    Thanks!

Those are good pics, but also pretty depressing. I've never desired to stay in CR before, and that destruction, all for DVC benefit, makes me want to stay there even less.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, they have large numbers of people chomping at the bit to buy in, so they must build more DVC resorts to keep them satisfied.
    While I'm sure this is true, I've noticed lately that there are more and more people trying to get rid of their DVC timeshares on the resale market.
    1999 Polynesian (Hurricane Floyd)
    2001 Polynesian
    2003 Beach Club & Polynesian
    2004 Polynesian
    2005 Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

I personally LOVE the Contemporary Tower, but I've always thought the wings were an eyesore. IMO they just looked like ugly brown buildings and I always hoped Disney would at least revamp them a little. I do think that Disney has gone a little DVC crazy, but honestly in recent years it's been the only way DH and I can afford to stay in a deluxe. We can't pay $350 a night anymore so we've been renting DVC points our last few trips and can stay in a deluxe for half that. In that respect, I'd love for Disney to add some DVC rooms to Contemporary or Poly so we can stay there again.

OR Disney can just lower their room rates - which I know is never going to happen.

** Just wanted to add that DH and I are not DVC owners and we never will be. I personally don't see the value in it when I can rent points from an existing owner and save $$ that way **
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually ... i think that *i'm* in the minority here! I *love* the idea of part of the Contemporary being converted into DVC.

We've stayed twice at the contemporary and LOVED it .. in fact had we not bought into the BCV we'd probably just keep coming back to the Contemporary. I'd probably have a hard time convincing my DH, but i would DEFINATELY buy in to the CV (Contemporary Villas .. sounds neat! grinning .. don't flame me please!).
    ~~Barb~~
    AKL Jambo House - 3/31/12 - 4/8/12
    BWV - 10/07
    BCV - 11/30 - 12/10/04
    BCV - 12/03 (Christmas at WDW)
    Contemp - 10/98
    Contemp - 12/97

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh my. . .

Those pictures are heartwrenching! I too remember happily going to the vending machine for Mr. Pibb, the jingle of the quarters in my pocket as we headed from the North Wing to the "Fiesta Fun Center" . . .
    it's the end of an era for sure. I haven't felt this sad since they tore Horizons down, but I think this is worse.

Anybody got Kleenex???

We're booked to stay in the south wing this fall but I wonder if it'll just make me too sad, might have to rethink that. . .

Post Thanks / Like

All this in the name of progress my friends... I have faith the new tower will look wonderful...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Contemporary Demolition

Thank you for sharing your memories of the Contemporary wings, It will be sad to remember the way the wings used to be, but I think you will have a great time just going to Disneyworld.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman1975 View Post
    Thank you for sharing your memories of the Contemporary wings, It will be sad to remember the way the wings used to be, but I think you will have a great time just going to Disneyworld.
    Yes, you're right...I think it's the construction process getting me down, maybe once the new building is up I'll get used to it.

In the meantime, we rebooked for the Poly, only stayed there once when I was a kid, time to make some new memories with my own, I think! Thank you again for sharing your memories.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the pics!

im actually quite excited about this project. im not a DVC member, nor do i feel the need to be, but i think anybody can stay in villas, right? i have at least and im not a member.

this will be a great location because (i timed it) from the north tower to MK its roughly an 8 minute walk so it would be nice to make this old and unatractive looking building into something people will want to stay in.

i dont think it will take away from the tower. i think i will always look at the Contemporary Tower and remember that Walt Disney himself designed this building. not realy any other resorts have that bragging right.
    1991 - Fairway Villas, 1993 - Old Key West, 1995 - Yacht Club, 1997 - Fort Wilderness, 2003 - Fort Wilderness, 2004 - Contemporary, 2005 - Caribbean, 2007 - Polynesian, 2012 - Disneyland Paris, 2014 - Beach Club, 2015 - Beach Club
    2016 - Contemporary
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

I'm coming in late here.

I'm not likely to ever stay in a monorail resort, but I do have to wonder if they keep adding more rooms along the monorail line, what will happen to the monorail queues? They already get out of control at the end of the night. I'd be upset if I paid to stay there and couldn't ride because of the crowds.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from MK yesterday. The North wing is just a few huge mounds of rubble now. It's pretty sad. The CR was Walt's "vision" of the future, and while it was very dated, it was also part of what we all remember and love about Disney World. I guess I'm a little over-nostalgic, but isn't that what keeps bringing us "old kids" back?

The north wing was our favorite, not because of the accomodations, but because it was walking distance with the stroller to the front gate!

Disney IS going nuts with the DVC, but for those of us who will be coming to Disney for years to come, I guess it's a good idea...we still haven't bought in yet

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 3,808.63 KM from the Magic Kingdom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Great photos, but I can't picture where they are being taken from. I guess I will see in November.

Thanks!
    Walt was ½ Canadian!

DL, Aug 97; DL, Jul 01; DL, Aug 05; DL, Jan 06; WDW, Oct 06; DL, Dec 06; WDW, Nov 07; DL, Dec 07; DL, Jun 08; DL, Feb 09; DLP, Apr 09; DL, Sep 09; TDL, Oct 09; DL, Jun 10; WDW, Oct, 10; WDW, May, 13; WDW, Sep 14; HKDL, Sep 15, WDW, Mar 17; WDW Jan 19.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyBand1 View Post
    Just got back from MK yesterday. The North wing is just a few huge mounds of rubble now. It's pretty sad. The CR was Walt's "vision" of the future
    Not the Wings.
    1973 - Off Site
    1979 - Contemporary Resort
    1983- Off Site
    7/1994 - Port Orleans
    6/2003 - Off Site
    3/2005 - Coronado Springs Resort (5 Nights)
    April/May 2006 - Wilderness Lodge (8 Nights)
    Nov/Dec. 2007- Boardwalk (7 Nights)
    Next Trip: Nov/Dec 2010-Yacht Club (6 Nights)

Post Thanks / Like

FamilyBand1 --

I agree with you wholeheartedly. We stayed at CR for the first time this past December. We are locals (Port Orange, FL) and we don't necessarily agree with the DVC plans to chop up CR (nor any other resort) for the almighty dollar.

I emailed DVC about it....

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: