Quantcast IAAPA Attractions Expo, Atlanta 2005 Coverage

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow IAAPA Attractions Expo, Atlanta 2005 Coverage

IAAPA Attractions Expo Atlanta 2005 Coverage

Coverage of this years IAAPA Attractions Expo from the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia begins this Wednesday - November 16 on INTERCOT and runs thru the 18th. We'll have three reporters on the ground bringing you the latest news, photos and information about the business of Amusement.

In attendance, John Y, WDWacky & Castmember X

Stay tuned, this years event looks to be very exciting!
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Welcome to Atlanta!

I want to oficially welcome ya'll to Atlanta, or at least when you get here. Let me know if you have any ATL questions, or need a good place to eat. Enjoy my home town!
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there, I will welcome you too!! I live a little north of the city, and I am sure you will have a great time. Dh is a GT grad too Larry! This is the farthest north I went so I am still close to my home state of Florida.

Shari

Post Thanks / Like

One day to go.....

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

I expect pictures of the latest paint options for the 2006 model Tilt-a-Whirls in this year's IAAPA reports. And of course a run down of the new food options too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa
    I expect pictures of the latest paint options for the 2006 model Tilt-a-Whirls in this year's IAAPA reports. And of course a run down of the new food options too.
    Will do

Post Thanks / Like

hmm... I wonder if I'll bump into you guys there..
    \|||/
    (o o)
    ----ooO-(_)-Ooo----

palmage Guest

I used to have to work IAAPA working for Barco Daylight Displays.
    That one of the coolest shows to work, but it seemed to be more suited for the smaller parks and carneys.
    Not a whole lot Disney would want.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by palmage
    Oh, but of course Disney has to be there to see what's new in the Zamperla Rides catalog to know what new hub and spoke spinning rides and variations on Dumbo to add to the parks! *yes, that was meant to be sarcastic*

Seriously- at each of the IAAPA conventions there's usually a good representation from Imagineering in attendance checking out the floor and all of the major ride manufacturers are also represented at the show so it's a good one-stop location to catch up with your contacts and even to get a sense of what trends are being identified by companies that Disney has to look at to maintain an edge.

And of course there are also the industry keynotes in which Disney participates- speaking of which- JohnY- anyone planning to attend Marty Sklar's presentation about Mickey's Next Ten Commandments? (I think Bob Rogers of BRC Imagination Arts is moderating that which should be make for an interesting talk).

Post Thanks / Like

Default Iaapa - Day One

Hey All:

It was an exausting day but we had a great time exploring the massive Georgia World Congress Center. The show was split among 2 different venues which was a little odd and made for a ton of walking.

Anyway, didn't have time to write up comments yet, but there are 3 pages of photos up. Check it out. Plenty more to come...

http://www.intercot.com/news/iaapa

John

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by palmage
    I used to have to work IAAPA working for Barco Daylight Displays.
    That one of the coolest shows to work, but it seemed to be more suited for the smaller parks and carneys.
    Have to say I disagree. This show covers everything from rides, concecessions, souvineers etc. for just about every size park that exists. It also showcases park managment and education forums that help everyone from the smallest mom and pop to big corporations like Disney. From a ride perspective, the folks from Verkoma helped design Rock n' Roller Coaster and there are plenty of capable vendors that could pull off dark ride attractions. Every year you see something new. Every year brings a new twist to a classic attraction.

We got pictures today from the Shiekra car that I think B&M did. Very impressive. Will post later.

Mufasa... wasn't aware Marty was here. Did you catch when he was speaking? Will have to ask around. Tomorrow nite is a trip to the Christmas Celebration at Stone Mountain.

Post Thanks / Like

Exhausting is right. After a night of 4 hours of sleep and a mad rush to catch my flight from Orlando I staggered into the World Congress Center with JohnY and company with only a touch of the morning nausia/headache brought on by the day's traveling still lingering.

What's the first thing I do? I eat samples of pizza, fried chicken tenders, italian ice, cold stone creamery chocolate/peanut butter ice cream topped off with a cup of dippin dots style ice cream. I was unable to locate the almonds on day 1.

After only 20 miles of walking we got a fairly good look at the floor and quite a few pictures (some video too). We played some blacklight mini golf and played several rounds of carnival style water cannon games. I think those things are rigged.

We cut the day a little short in search of some nightime entertainment and after a warning from the front desk of our hotel we just decided to wrap it up for the night

We should have some interesting stuff to post from day two. I look forward to hitting the floor again after a good night's rest and a shorter trip to the convention center. Maybe my stomach will finally be able to handle a ride on the Disko.

Bring on the carni food!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnY
    Mufasa... wasn't aware Marty was here. Did you catch when he was speaking? Will have to ask around. Tomorrow nite is a trip to the Christmas Celebration at Stone Mountain.
    Marty isn't speaking until 4:30pm- here's the write-up:

Mickey's Ten More Commandments

Track: Keynote
    When: Thursday, November 17, 2005, 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM

This year IAAPA Hall of Famer Marty Sklar celebrates 50 years of service at WDI. His classic "Mickey's Ten Commandments" have guided an entire generation of designers and operators of destination entertainment. Now his new "Ten More Commandments" expands on the original, with the perspective and wisdom that only half a century can bring. Join Bob Rogers, BRC Imagination Arts, as he hosts and interviews industry legend Marty Sklar to hand down some more commandments.

Post Thanks / Like

quick question on this event......can anyone get into this or do you have to get an invite. Also, if there is a cost, what is it. Hoping it will be my job one day (except I will be working @ Disney).....thanks for any info.
    DREAMS ARE MAKE-BELIVE UNTIL THEY ALL COME TRUE....

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing- Walt Disney

There is more treasure n books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main ... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life- Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Cost is $75 for the public. BTW, we did get to see marty today... impressive. More later.

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, we did get to see marty today... impressive.
    Now I'm jealous.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: