Quantcast Goofy's Candy Company & Mickey's Pantry Details

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Goofy's Candy Company officially re-opened 5-2-05 in it's new location. It occupies the space that used to be the Disney Home Store.

The store has expanded alot in its new location and has alot of theming about the store. The Cast Members here even wear Goofy-esc attire: blue pants, orange shirt and a yellow vest. The store is reported to be intricately themed with lots of cool details.

The store is centered around an interactive approach to your candy experience and has added two "build-yourself" products to let you do just that.

The first of these products is Goofy's Glacier. This product is a build-your-own container and flavored slushie. Guests first choose a "top" and a "base" for their slushie from 6 character styles, including Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Disney princess and Stich. Each style has their own unique base (shoes ect.) and top (hat/mouse ears ect.) and guests are allowed to mix and match them anyway they want. Then guests pick from 6 slushie flavors including orange, cola, cherry, berry, and banana. Each flavor has its own zanny name like, Gawshly Berry Blue, Orange you Happy Orange, or Goofy's Glacier Green. The Cup is placed into the base and the top is put on top of the cup, and wallah one fun frozen creation.

The other creative creations guests can concoct come from the Build-Your-Own Snack Station. To create your snack you chose a starter, a sauce and a topping. The starters to choose between are an Apple, a Biscotti, a Pretzel Rod, a Gingerbread Mickey Cookie, a Mickey Krispy Rice Treat or Marshmallows. The sauces to choose between are Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate or Carmel. The toppings to choose from are Sprinkles, Chopped Peanuts, Chopped Walnuts, Chopped Pecans, Mini White Chocolate Chips, Mini M&Ms, Oreo Cookie Crumbs, Crushed Butterfingers, Milk Chocolate Drizzle, or White Chocolate Drizzle. Given these options guests could potentially create 84 different candied creations.

The rest of the store sells other unique candy options such as Goofy Candy Co. Collector tins.

The old location is being turned into a brand new store called Mickey's Pantry. Signage is already in place for this new store and it is known it will be selling Disney themed kitchen items. This new store will essentially compensate for the total replacement of the Disney Home Store. The kitchen items once found there will now be able to be found in Mickey's Pantry. The remainder of items once sold in the Disney Home Store can be found in the World of Disney.

Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Originally posted by Figment!:

The first of these products is Goofy's Glacier.
    Hey Jason any idea how much these are going for???

Sounds kind of interesting.

[img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good! [img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img]
    There was just that little something missing when Earl of Sandwich opened up. The sandwiches at EOS ARE good, I just missed the candy that used to be there! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]

ShanPooh
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info Jason! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Can't wait to stop in for some Goofy Gummies!! [img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img]
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter bought a build your own cup and I think it was $6. In addition, you can get refills for a nominal amount, I think $1 and change. She loved the cup and Goofy's Candy Company is awesome. They also give you small samples to taste before you order the drink so you know what you are getting.
    We happened to be there on the day in opened and there were a lot of management types there observing the customers reactions to things and they struck up a conversation with us. We thought the sign made out of jelly bellys in the store was neat too!

TiggerRPh Guest

Cool

Okay....I see a need for a Staff Field Trip!!

[img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

The glaciers are very good, and are $6 if you get the fancy cup. The refills for these are $2, and you can bring it back with you on your next visit. We got a total of 5 refills while we were on our trip.

If you want one without the fancy cup it is $3 I believe.

The flavors are
    Cola - brown
    Pink Lemonaide - pink
    Lemon Lime - green
    Orange - Orange
    Strawberry - red
    Grape (I think) - Purple
    Banana (kind of laffy taffy banana flavor, very good in my opinion) - Yellow
    Blue Rasberry - Blue

The bottom of the cup is feet, and the top is the top of a head with no face.
    There was mickey, minni, goofy, stitch, and a princess hat and shoes I believe. The cup colors were red, pink, blue, and green. On April 30th they were already out of blue and green cups. I think it was more popular than they guessed. And people got the blue cup to go with stich and green to go with goofy, so I think those were the most popular characters.

We didn't do the build your own snack, but they looked yummy, though a little pricey I think.

Post Thanks / Like

cool! We will have to do this. I can't wait!!! And, I am so glad they are making a new home store, any idea of when it will be open? I'm sure not by the time we are there, but I would like to go at Christmas time, I've heard it is beautiful!!

5 MORE DAYS!!!!
    COLOR=Teal]2x a year every year as a child...
    with my children[/COLOR]
    AS Movies-Nov 2004
    Pop Century-May 2005
    POFQ(through MJ)-Oct 4-9 2005(free food!!)
    [COLOR=Purple]4/30-5/8 2006 Pop Century with Eric
    William's Birthday!- Sept 12-Sept 17 2007- AS Sports
    Spring Break 2008 -Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

There was a small home store open while we were there. I am not sure if this was a temporary store, or if it was the new one. Didn't seem to have much exciting stuff in it though. We couldn't find a vase anywhere which was surprising.

Post Thanks / Like

hummm...thanks for the info Rekced. I'll probably check it out anyway, just to see. I'm a kitchen gadget freak!

5 MORE DAYS!!!
    COLOR=Teal]2x a year every year as a child...
    with my children[/COLOR]
    AS Movies-Nov 2004
    Pop Century-May 2005
    POFQ(through MJ)-Oct 4-9 2005(free food!!)
    [COLOR=Purple]4/30-5/8 2006 Pop Century with Eric
    William's Birthday!- Sept 12-Sept 17 2007- AS Sports
    Spring Break 2008 -Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Originally posted by Rekced:
    a princess hat and shoes
    Ah, so that's what that one was, I thought it kinda looked like a castle or something....

As to the "new home store" (Mickey's Pantry), it will only carry kitchen items, nothing else home related. All other existing home merchandise will be found at the World of Disney.

[ May 03, 2005, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: Figment! ]
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

The lime flavored glacier tastes just like the old "green river" drinks we used to get at the soda shop! And it lasts long enough to ride the bus from DTD back to FW! But then you have to turn back around for the refill!

(I got the Goofy glass and DW got Mickey)

(On edit: they give you a small sample of any flavor so you can decide if that is what you want; a great idea!)

[ May 04, 2005, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Jay J ]
    Jay and Jan

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
    1971 - Disneyland day trip
    1973 - MK day trip
    1983 - EPCOT day trip
    1993 - Offsite
    1999 - CBR
    2001 - FW
    2005 - FW

Post Thanks / Like

The slushees sound great and the cups sound cute!

I also think it would be fun to dip my own rice krispie treat and add sprinkles since they are my favorite Disney snack!

The candy store was always one of my favorites and these make it sound even better. Wish I had a trip planned!
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Just want to say that as Im reading this post my mouth is watering! Cant wait till June so I can go for my sugar high.
    1996 Caribbean Beach
    1996 All Star Sports
    1998 All Star Music
    1999 Coronado Springs
    2000 Dixie Landings/Disney Wonder
    2001 Caribbean Beach/Disney Wonder
    2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003 Coronado Springs
    2004 Wilderness Lodge
    2005 Port Orleans Riverside
    April 2006 Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I am so excited that they will be keeping a kitchen store. I am just starting to put some stuff away for when I get a house and was looking forward to getting some cute stuff. I hope that it is open in July....do you think it will be? Thanks for the info
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: