Quantcast Red Skelton's Pledge of Allegiance

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Commentary on the Pledge of Allegiance
    by Red Skelton

This can be found
    here:

As a schoolboy, one of Red Skelton's teachers explained the words and meaning of the Pledge of Allegiance to his class. Skelton later wrote down, and eventually recorded, his recollection of this lecture. It is followed by an observation of his own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I - - Me; an individual; a committee of one.
    Pledge - - Dedicate all of my worldly goods to give without self-pity.

Allegiance - - My love and my devotion.

To the Flag - - Our standard; Old Glory ; a symbol of Freedom; wherever she waves there is respect, because your loyalty has given her a dignity that shouts, Freedom is everybody's job.

United - - That means that we have all come together.

States - - Individual communities that have united into forty-eight great states. Forty-eight individual communities with pride and dignity and purpose. All divided with imaginary boundaries, yet united to a common purpose, and that is love for country.

And to the Republic - - Republic--a state in which sovereign power is invested in representatives chosen by the people to govern. And government is the people; and it's from the people to the leaders, not from the leaders to the people.

For which it stands

One Nation - - One Nation--meaning, so blessed by God.

Indivisible - - Incapable of being divided.

With Liberty - - Which is Freedom; the right of power to live one's own life, without threats, fear, or some sort of retaliation.

And Justice - - The principle, or qualities, of dealing fairly with others.

For All - - For All--which means, boys and girls, it's as much your country as it is mine.

And now, boys and girls, let me hear you recite the Pledge of Allegiance:
    I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic, for which it stands; one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    Since I was a small boy, two states have been added to our country, and two words have been added to the Pledge of Allegiance: Under God. Wouldn't it be a pity if someone said that is a prayer, and that would be eliminated from schools, too?
    Red Skelton
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know its a day late, but its still July 4th weekend! [img]smile.gif[/img] I only found it this morning, if I had found it sooner, it would have been up for yesterday. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I just thought it very appropriate. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <b>Eddy</b> <br /><br /><i>"Remember the Magic"</i> <br /><br /><i><b>*Happy Holidays!*</b></i><br /><br /><b>Next up:</b><br /><i>All Star Sports</i>-<b>February 2003</b><br /><br /><b>12</b> weeks and counting!<br /><br /><b><i>"We Go On"</i></b>

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    TiggerRPh Guest

Exclamation

Thanks Eddy....what's scary is the last line almost has come true!

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by TiggerRPh:
    Thanks Eddy....what's scary is the last line almost has come true!
    I know... [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    <b>Eddy</b> <br /><br /><i>"Remember the Magic"</i> <br /><br /><i><b>*Happy Holidays!*</b></i><br /><br /><b>Next up:</b><br /><i>All Star Sports</i>-<b>February 2003</b><br /><br /><b>12</b> weeks and counting!<br /><br /><b><i>"We Go On"</i></b>

Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid very afraid. History always repeats itself.
    First trip August 1975

Honeymoon trip Sept-Oct 2010

șoș It all started with a Mouse.

Your trip is what you want it to be and it will turn out just how you want it.

Post Thanks / Like

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Thanks Eddy. I appreciated that. It does make you think. I believe people should be proud of the country they live in.
    ~~The Brat~~

Adults are obsolete children. -- Dr. Seuss
    In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul.
    My reality has become warped!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Eddy,

I was a young kid when I first saw Red Skelton do that bit. It was a very, very touching delivery that words cannot possibly convey alone.

Red Skelton loved this country and admiration was returned equally from all those who loved him.

Thanks for this memory, I had completely forgotten about it.

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    '92 - August, Disneyland<br />'96 - April, WL<br />'97 - October, offsite<br />'98 - Sept., Dixie Landings<br />'99 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Oct., All Sports<br />'01 - Jan., All Sports<br />'01 - May WL<br />'01 - July All-Sports<br />'01 - Sept. CBR/Poly<br />'01 - Nov. Dixie Landings<br />'02 - Jan. All Sports/WL<br />'02 - May Poly/All-Stars (I really didn't enjoy this trip)<br />'02 - July POFQ <br />'02 - Sept All Sports/WL<br />'02 - Dec Movies<br />'03 - Jan POFQ<br />'03 - Sept POR<br />'03 - Dec WL

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: