Quantcast Bus Etiquette? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bus Etiquette?

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by PolyGirl40:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Piglet822:
    My DH will always offer his seat to anyone he thinks could use it better than he, regardless of gender.
    He does!? But -- He's the driver!! [img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]
    </font>[/QUOTE]You see what the problem is here? Y'all want everything!! First you complain nobody gives up their seat, then when they do you start getting all technical about minor details [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]

Just like my passengers on DCL, they make me drive all the time. I think one of the kids should drive. I found a 3 year old perfectly willing to take over for me last week, but do you think anyone would back me?? Oh nooooooo.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been on the buses manytimes and seen people give up their seats. I've done it myself. So a family can sit togther, for someone holding a child, or a sleepy kid, for the elderly. I remember one time my mother and I got on a crowded bus and a man and his son offered us their seats, We were both alittle surprised!

Joy

Post Thanks / Like

"Disney should do something about all these kids"

I would have loved to been there to hear that. I mean, what kind of a person goes to Disney World and complains about "all of the kids"?

[ May 16, 2003, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: PolyGirl40 ]

Post Thanks / Like

If it's that important to sit then just wait for the next bus. For example, I am an able bodies 30 something who after schlepping around Disney can still get exhausted. I have been known to wait for a few buses, or monorails to go by to ensure I get a seat. Once in that seat, I am not giving it up. I have stood while pregnant, while holding a toddler and negotiating a stroller. I don't think its a big deal. Again if I really need to sit, I'll wait for the next ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the point of this post is that manners and to some lesser extent chivalry is dying. It's not dead but more and more people care only about themselves. I guess I have never really given this too much thought because it's something that comes naturally to me. I am 30 and I was raised to have all the manners of the "olden" days. I have to admit in the bus situation I have found myself in a position a couple of times where I was tired from spending the day in the park and would like nothing more than to sit. I watch everyone coming on and just hope that no one comes on that needs the seat more than me. However, I do not hestiate to get up if I need to. This includes the elderly, parents with small children, someone with physical limitations, and woman. I have also hoisted my teenage step-daugther out of her seat at times.

Disneynarula, please let that lady with the child know she can have my seat

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted Byisdude

Disneynarula, please let that lady with the child know she can have my seat
    Thanks. I'll pass it on.
    And you were right. The point of this post was to express my feelings that chivalry and manners are dead. (Well not exactly dead, but with a very weak pulse)
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

this is the one area that I am slightly displeased with and it is not a Disney problem. Our policy is if we can see a bus is going to be standing room only when we get on, we will just stand there and let others go on the bus. We wait for the next one so we will have a seat, even if it is another 20 minutes or so.We just patiently wait as we never try to hurry from one place to another. I have very very seldom had someone offer my wife or myself a seat.We are both senior citizens and both have severe cases of arthuritis in our knees.One of the few times I was offered a seat was on a hot day and I was wearing shorts.The long scars on my legs from two bypass surgeries were pretty apparent and I think this is the only reason why.I have actually gotten up and given my seat to someone who was struggling with a child because everyone else acted like they were not even there.

[ May 17, 2003, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: mickeefan ]
    1990-2000=20+
    2001 - Con
    2002 - Poly
    2003 - Con
    2004 - Poly
    2004 - Poly
    2005 - Poly
    2006 - Poly CL
    2007 - Poly CL
    2008 - Bdwlk Villas
    2008 - GF, Club Level
    2009 - Poly, CL
    2010 - Sept. BCV
    2011 - May BCV
    2011 - Nov. Poly
    2012 - May Beach Club Villas
    2012 - Sept Beach Club Villas

Post Thanks / Like

While reading today's posts I remembered something that happened on my bus coming out of Port Canaveral. I was actually shocked to be honest.
    I normally check ALL mirrors when leaving the Port, including the two inside. For some reason I guess I didn't do it that day because when I got out on the highway I looked up and saw a lady standing. I said nothing figuring she must've been getting something from the overhead. I look a minute or so later and she's still standing.
    Over the PA I asked her why she was standing (I did not have a full bus, there were at least 5 empty seats). She told me there were no seats.
    I very politely explained to everyone on the bus that since we were not full, there should be a seat for this woman and would someone kindly remove the package from their seat.
    Nobody moved I actually thought I was going to have to pull the bus off the road until someone moved their stuff!! Finally a man moved (grudgingly I might add) his bag from the seat so she could sit down. I couldn't believe I had actually seen that happen. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: