Quantcast I'm back..and used Magical Express..please read! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by winky:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Piglet822:
    We have drivers checking on to start there shifts as early as 2 AM. I'm not sure what time Disney staff arrives at the airport but I'll try to find out and post the info tomorrow.
    Thanks! This is just what I need to know!

I'm debating about just using ME for the return trip if it's going to take along time early in the morning...
    </font>[/QUOTE]Actually, early in the morning is probably the best time. I doubt they're going to hold the bus for any length of time. I could be wrong about that, but at that time of day I've not seen a huge crowd at the airport heading to WDW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jeanne,

What about at night? Are the buses off quickly? I'm getting in around 10:40pm and hope to be at POP to get some shut-eye! (Can't have under-eye circles when I meet the mouse! [img]graemlins/sleepin.gif[/img] )

TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've heard there are no plans to charge for DME.

Do you know why?

If it's a free service, you won't think twice about using it. And since you have a free shuttle to your hotel, free luggage service - what do you need a rental car for?

And since you're not leaving Disney property, you won't be eating at TGI Friday's or Pizzeria Uno's down the street, you'll eat at Disney every night.

It's a great investment for Disney to keep this program going, the little it spends in the program will be paid back by extra money from restaurant sales.

Jeremy
    Proud Movie Rider since 6/03
    "Everybody just sit tight.... Running a red light's against the law! And I'd NEVER break the law... hey kid - watch this! (Shoots out light) No more red light!
    Look out, the bank's gonna blow! YEEEEEEHAW!!"

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at Pop May 7 - May 15 and used DME. We did not receive the tags in advance...

Our United flight from Amsterdam had a stop-over in Washington. We had to collect our bags at Dulles and re-check them immediately, but both our bags were missing... We filed a claim at Dulles, but were told that this had to be done at MCO. Dulles-personnel triewd to locate our bags, but couldn't find them. When we finally went to the gate to board our connecting flight to MCO, we checked a (final, desperate)time at the bag claim, and to our (and Dulles personnel) surprise one bag re-appeared! We feared that the other bag was not taken from the plane and was on its way to LA (final destination of our plane).

Arriving at MCO we were welcomed by DME personnel (could not be missed) and directed to the DME-desk. The friendly employee said that they would locate all our bags (even without tags, but we had to give our bag claim tickets and a description) and deliver them to our room. Since it was around 8 pm, we weren't looking forward lots of time filing claims and accepted it gladly. We were directed to the bus and within 40 minutes after landing at MCO we arrived at Pop! We took a quick shower (luckily we packed shampoo, deo, etc. in our carry-on bags) and bougth new shirts at the Pop-shop and went for an AC-visit downtown. Arriving back at our resort around 2 am, but no bags...

When we woke up around 7 am, we received a voice-mail from Pop Luggage Handling that 2 bags had arrived! Within 30 minutes they were delivered to our room. Our missing bag was truly magically located by DME...

Returning to MCO with DME went smoothly, only remark is the 3 hour time-gap between the departure of our DME-bus and our flight...

Overall: remarkable operation by DME, considering it was only operational for 2 days and they had to handle lots of untagged bags!
    95 DLRP
    96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01 ASS
    98, 01 DLRP
    98 DLRP
    00 DLRP
    02 DLRP
    02 CBR & AKL
    03 DLRP
    03 CBR
    03 DLRP
    04 DLRP
    04 CBR
    05 May: PC, Jun: ASS & Sep: PC
    06 Jan: PC, Sep: PC
    07 May: PC, Sep: CBR
    08 Jan: ASMo, Sep: Pop
    09 Feb: OS, Sep: SS
    11 May: SS

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by TikiGoddess:
    Hey Jeanne,

What about at night? Are the buses off quickly? I'm getting in around 10:40pm and hope to be at POP to get some shut-eye! (Can't have under-eye circles when I meet the mouse! [img]graemlins/sleepin.gif[/img] )

TikiG
    I really don't know, I don't work at night so I'm not sure how busy the airport is at that hour.
    Katzateer just returned from WDW and I think she got in late, perhaps she can help.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by winky:
    Does anybody know the hours of the ME desk at the airport?

We're arriving at 5:30 AM, so I'm still trying to figure out if we'll use ME. I don't want to end up sleeping on an airport chair waiting for the buses to start running.
    I checked with 2 DME staffmembers this morning and they both said that there are shifts starting at 5 AM and someone should be in the rotunda area to meet you.
    Now, I didn't think to ask where the rotunda is. At the gate area or when you get off the little tram in the main building? I think it's the main building

Post Thanks / Like

We did not have such great luck with ME. Apparently not all of the shuttles were able to accomodate wheelchairs. We arrived on the 7th and I understand that it is a new (and free) service, but waiting for nearly two hours for a bus was a bit much. Finally Meers sent a van for us and the poor driver looked as if he had never operated a lift before. Supervisors had to come out to work the locks and lift (another 30-45 minutes at the airport). I am glad for those who have had good results with this service, but we will try something else next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

We are leaving for WDW on June 4, i was starting to worry that we were not going to get our tags, but when i got home last night there was a FedEx package waiting so Whooo Hooo !!!.

11 more days. [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Yes me too. I got home last night and there was a Fed-Ex we leave on June 3rd. But I still have my reservations about using it. We will see!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Now I am getting very worried, I havent received the ME tags yet and we are leaving June 4. This is my family's first time to Disney and we all are counting days. and this board is great so much helpful info..

Post Thanks / Like

We leave june 4th and received our tags yesterday (5/23) via Fed Ex. Like everyone else, I was getting very nervous. Hopefully, all the "bugs" are getting worked out.

Post Thanks / Like

Well FedEx just delivered the important package... now I am relieved... now the packing...

Post Thanks / Like

I returned home late last night after a wonderful "girls only" trip to the AKL. We used ME and our experience was a positive one. We arrived at MCO at 11:38am, went to the Welcome Center and was greeted by a huge crowd of people. I got in line at 11:50 and we were on the bus at 12:09! That was amazing. the line moved very fast and the cast member was great. We arrived at AKL by 1:25. We stopped at the Beach Club and Coronado Springs first. When we checked in the CM was great. He knew what time our plane landed, what time I got on the bus, they scan your pass and that my luggage was on the way. We went to Mara and went up to our room. Our luggage was there waiting for us.
    Now, on the way back I had a 6:55 pm flight and was told to be at the stop by 3:45. We waited almost 20 minutes for the bus. the driver was not in a good mood and was moving along as fast as he could to load the luggage. We stopped at Coronado and then went to Pop. This is where there was a mob scene. there had to be 100 people waiting for a bus!!! The driver explaind not everyone would be on our bus and he would only be taking those with a fight soon. Someone said they had been waiting over 45 min. for a bus. Once the driver got back on the bus he announced he was not supposed to be our driver and that the original driver had picked up a load at the airport, got onto the highway, stopped and left the bus. he called to say he quit and where the bus was!!!!!!!!!!! I was shocked. No wonder he was very harried and rushing. He explained he doesn't usually drive these routes, they had called him at home to come to work. He also told us he would play the DVD for us but the other driver took it with him. I could not believe my ears. I am sure Disney was going to be hearing from those stranded pasengers.
    My luggage arrived at Boston no problem.

[ May 24, 2005, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Kerry ]

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

EEEKK, that does not sound good. But I am sure there are stories like that in every option you choose.

Rental car break down, you own car breaking down etc...

From the post I have read on this board anyway it sounds like it is getting better.

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said my experience was very positive and I would use the service again, and will be in december. I just can't imagine leaving a buss full of guests on the highway and was very happy I wasn't one of them. I think the service was great for us. We did not wait long for the luggage to be delivered to our room and being able to check your luggage and get a boarding pass right at the AKL was great. I especially liked that part. We went off and enjoed the parks all day, got our carryons from bell services and changed for the cold arrival in Boston!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't called to make a registration/reservation yet, but I have a few concerns...

1) If I fly a non-particpating airline (Southwest), will they still pick up my bags from the carousel?

and

2)How early should I call to arrange this all? How long did it take for the tags to arrive (if at all)?

THANKS!

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by i8love8mickey:
    I haven't called to make a registration/reservation yet, but I have a few concerns...

1) If I fly a non-particpating airline (Southwest), will they still pick up my bags from the carousel?

and

2)How early should I call to arrange this all? How long did it take for the tags to arrive (if at all)?

THANKS!
    If you fly a non-participating airline, they will pick up your bags on your way into Orlando. You will have to take them with you back to the airport and check them in there yourself.

You must request the service a minimum of 10 days in advance. With all the problems that they've had getting the luggage tags out, I would recommend booking it as soon as possible.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

You had a great idea to take digital photo's of your luggage. I never would have thought of that in a million years. We put braided yarn ties around the handles. We can pick out our luggage right away. It works really well. All luggage looks alike. We are thinking about ME, not too sure as yet. I want more good feed back before we decide.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Not sure when you are going, but if you know your flight info, i would go ahead and book now. You can always call and cancel it later.

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and son are leaving 6/2---we're booking a towncar!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    June 26-July 6 2009 POP
    May 11-20 2007 POP
    May 4-8 2006 POP (w/ 70 yr/o parents)
    Nov 25-Dec 4 2005 CBR
    June 2-6 2005 POP (Star Wars)
    Nov 26-Dec 3 2004 POFQ
    Aug 21-28 2003 CBR
    June 13-21 2002 POFQ
    Sept 21-29 2001 CBR (Surprise Trip)
    Sept 20-30 2000 CBR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: