Quantcast Just got off the phone with Disney regarding magical express

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Regarding Magical Express! He said that those of us who don't have tags need to write down all information on our luggage that is checked, color, size etc. Once you get the baggage claim numbers write them down with that information. There will be a lot of DME with navy suits and mikey hands waiting for us once we get off the plane. You hand them that information and they take care of getting your lugggage. You go directlty to the bus, which does not wait for your luggage. Your luggage will arrive in 3-5 hours so pack whatever you need for the day in a carry on bag. Please don't take me word for word on this but this is the pretty much what he said. He was very nice and said they had a greater response than they thought they were going to have.

[ May 01, 2005, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Catzle ]
    Poly 2004-2009 LVC
    WL Villas May 2007
    DC Wonder 2010/Poly GVC
    DC Dream 2011/Poly LVC
    Poly LVC 2012
    Contemporary Dec. 2012
    July 2013 Poly GVC
    Poly GVC 2014
    Poly Club April 2015
    AKL Royal Asante Suite 2015
    October Poly Club 2015
    Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf Club April 2016
    Poly Club Dec 2016

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info! This is very helpful in planning the day of arrival!
    With F-I-G-M-E-N-T,you can see things differently!

Imagination......imagination, a dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you.

Next WDW Trip- New Years 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

The time frame for delivery is good to know! Our flight gets in at 9:20pm. So we will make sure and carry what we need for the night and first thing next day. I am wondering if we can just request they deliver our luggage first thing the next morning. This would be much better than sometime after midnight them waking us up to deliver.

Funcruiser

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if you're allowed to get your own luggage and take it to the Magical Express bus yourself? And then take it off with you? I really am scared about being separated from my luggage for that amount of time.

[ May 01, 2005, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: lindique ]

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I can't thank you enough for that post. You helped put my mind at ease (a little bit anyway). I hope it is that smooth. I'm trying to keep my chin up and hope for the best.

Did the man you talked to sound confident that we would have the tags? Or, has he kinda resigned himself that we won't...just like us.

We leave on Saturday and can't wait. This is just a small bump.

Julie [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]

*NikkiBell* Guest

Where do you go at your home airport before boarding for Orlando? I am not sure where to tell my parents to check in their luggage for Magical Express. Do they just normally check it in with the new tags?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

In your home airport...nothing is different. Just check your luggage as you normally would. The "magic" part happens at MCO when you just board busses and away you go.

Just a thought....these poor people are going to have TONS of bags to go thru. IF the tags are not there, it may be difficult for them. Maybe we could put some sort of something ON our bags to describe them (a scarf, bright colored tag...anything). That MAY help them a bit.

Remember...don't take out our frustration on the ones at the airport. They are only trying to HELP and make things right.

We are all upset...but it now sounds like everything will be OK after all. [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]

Oh...yeah...did the man you talked to at ME happen to mention what would happen on the return trip? Will we take our baggage to the airport, or will they?

Julie

Post Thanks / Like

3-5 hours? I'd rather get my bags.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I know what you mean about 3 - 5 hours. I keep putting more and more on carry ons and pretty soon they are going to be too big to carry on. With two young ones, you need a lot to get you through a whole day.
    He said about the return trip that they will slide something underneath your door the night before telling you about what to do and departure times.
    I was also thinking about putting bright yellow tape on the luggage to make it easier for them to notice.
    We leave Friday morning early and can't wait!!
    Poly 2004-2009 LVC
    WL Villas May 2007
    DC Wonder 2010/Poly GVC
    DC Dream 2011/Poly LVC
    Poly LVC 2012
    Contemporary Dec. 2012
    July 2013 Poly GVC
    Poly GVC 2014
    Poly Club April 2015
    AKL Royal Asante Suite 2015
    October Poly Club 2015
    Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf Club April 2016
    Poly Club Dec 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by lindique:
    Does anyone know if you're allowed to get your own luggage and take it to the Magical Express bus yourself? And then take it off with you? I really am scared about being separated from my luggage for that amount of time.
    Linda, you can get your own bags, just don't put the DME tags on them.
    As the driver that has to load all this luggage, is there anyway I can talk everyone into letting the bags be picked up by the luggage truck?

[ May 02, 2005, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Piglet822 ]

Post Thanks / Like

As the driver that has to load all this luggage, is there anyway I can talk everyone into letting the bags be picked up by the luggage truck
    Don't you get more tips when you load luggage?

Gusgus

Post Thanks / Like

Jeanne was joking, Gus. [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

I am very interested in reading trip reports on this. The 3-5 hour thing does not really bother me too much. We get in at 130p and plan to do DD. I really like the idea of free transportation AND not having to deal with the luggage headache!! My bags are always way too heavy!!!
    2004 Pop Century<br />2004 Wilderness Lodge<br />2002 All-Star Sports<br />2001 Coronado Springs<br />1996 Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Jeanne. Hope to see you in December! (With or without the bags!! )

Post Thanks / Like

If its anything like they do for DCL, its easy. Although its easier w/ tags. We boarded the bus for DCL and we got to the ship, our bags arrived a few hours later, in time to get ready for dinner.

I carry on all my luggage, I've experienced losing luggage before and don't ever want that to happen again.

My friend did not put her tag on her bag, and so it took a while to get he bag to the ship. She had to give the numbers and description to the CM at the airport. All black rolling bags look alike if you don't know what you're looking for. I would put something like white duct taped stripes on my bag, or something really bright and can be spoted from a distance, something that no one would have on their bags except you.

This was also the girl that left her passport on the airplane and had to board the ship w/ an expired drivers liscense(i can't spell that word).

Since we aren't using ME, we don't need to worry about it. I hope you all get squared away and have a great time!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Originally posted by princess twins:
    I am very interested in reading trip reports on this. The 3-5 hour thing does not really bother me too much. We get in at 130p and plan to do DD. I really like the idea of free transportation AND not having to deal with the luggage headache!! My bags are always way too heavy!!!
    I'm really feeling much better about this whole process now.
    Does anyone know...we are planning to go to AKL and then on to the park (Magic Kingdom). Will AKL have a place to put our carry on's so that we can enjoy the parks without them? That would be most helpful.
    Along that line...has anyone had good luck with the resorts having rooms ready early? I know we will be there extra early (11:00) but has anyone had luck in this area? That would be SO nice if we could put our stuff in our rooms while we went to the park.
    AND...one more thing...does anyone know...does ME put your bags IN your room? Or, at the desk for you to get (or have someone carry up)?
    Thanks!!!!
    5 days and counting!
    Julie

Post Thanks / Like

Disney can store your luggage if your room is not ready when you arrive. We do this all the time.

I would not count on having a room ready at 11:00 in the morning. In all the times I've been to Disney, I've only gotten my room on early arrival a couple of times.

I thought Magical Express was going to deliver your bags directly to your room.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info! That actually did solve one of my questions, even though I recieved my tags about 1 week ago. I can't wait!! I think everything will end up going smooth.
    5 MORE DAYS!!!
    COLOR=Teal]2x a year every year as a child...
    with my children[/COLOR]
    AS Movies-Nov 2004
    Pop Century-May 2005
    POFQ(through MJ)-Oct 4-9 2005(free food!!)
    [COLOR=Purple]4/30-5/8 2006 Pop Century with Eric
    William's Birthday!- Sept 12-Sept 17 2007- AS Sports
    Spring Break 2008 -Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by PolyGirl40:
    Jeanne was joking, Gus. [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img]
    Not entirely

Post Thanks / Like

I leave in 12 days, and I still don't have my stuff. Although AAA said it would be shipped to them, then they'd ship it out or I could pick it up. If I don't here from them by Monday I'll just visit and see what the hold up is, and hopefully get my stuff.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: