Quantcast Our First Trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Our First Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Hello, I have been lurking for some time trying to absorb all the great information.
    Now we are all going on our first Trip to WDW [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    My self 34, DW 35 and our 2 DS ages 5, 8. We are staying At the All-Star Movie Saturday June 25-Friday July 1.
    We have Booked Charter Meals for Every other day, Lunch with Cinderella on Sunday (Couldn't get a seat for Breakfast), Breakfast With Donald on Tuesday and Breakfast with Chef Mickey on Thursday.
    I am still trying to set up some type of must see list ... I am beginning to think I need to extend our vacation another week or two [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] . (I wish)
    So we have 6 days in the park with Park Hopper tickets and the dinning package.
    What Things are a real must see?
    I am planning a trip with Just adults in 2 years so I really want this to be about the Kids (I am one of them too)
    First Trip Coming up <br />June 25-July 1 <br />All-Star Movie

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

You absolutely HAVE to see "Turtle Talk w/ Crush". It is in the Sea in Epcot. It was one of the new attractions that we caught this trip (we just got back two weeks ago). Crush is a cartoon carater on the screen, but talks to the audience, takes questions, responds to statements with appropriate gestures, etc. IT WAS COOL. It will be one of the first things we catch next year.
    All-sport April 2002
    All-sport, March 2005
    DVC Member(SSR), April 2005
    BWV, June 2006
    SSR & Vero, April 2007

Disney Cruise, December 2008

SSR & AKL December 2011
    SSR & Vero July 2013
    Hilton Head May 2014
    SSR Christmas 2014
    OKW July 2018

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back with sons of 7 and 5. They each LOVED the 4 different 3D shows - Muppets in MGM, Honey I Shrunk at EPCOT, Philharmagic at MK and It's a bugs life at AK.
    In 1979 there was such a long car ride from the highway to the MK parking lot. I didn't understand why. I'm going back for the first time in April - I wonder if they've done anything with the land in between since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to INTERCOT!

Originally posted by Sweet_Hidden:
    We have Booked Charter Meals for Every other day, Lunch with Cinderella on Sunday (Couldn't get a seat for Breakfast),
    If you're talking about lunch in the castle, Cinderella is not guaranteed to be there for any meal other than breakfast. Sometimes she is around during lunch, but not always.

As far as must see items, for your kids' ages I would think the Magic Kingdom would have the most must sees although it's hard to predict. You might want to pick up a guidebook and let them take a look at the various attractions to see what interests them most.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thanks,
    That is some to start wiht. I have been reading so much I think I have confused My self. ... I just Downloaded Intercot's vacation planner and will make note on all the suggestions and see how it all fits.. [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]
    Thanks....

Post Thanks / Like

Beast_Fanatic,
    Thanks for the info, They didn't tell us that when we set up the PS. I have Brinbaums 2005 book and that is kinda what we have been doing just trying to make the most out of trip...
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought that effective June 10th Cinderella's Royal Table was switching to a character luncheon. Not sure which characters will be there, but I thought she was on the guest list? I know there is a post under Info Central on the new luncheon.

So far your plans look good! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I found that notice on info central it doesn't give the guest list but it does look like it will be the same as Breakfast.....

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by KylesMom:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought that effective June 10th Cinderella's Royal Table was switching to a character luncheon. Not sure which characters will be there, but I thought she was on the guest list? I know there is a post under Info Central on the new luncheon.

So far your plans look good! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Nope - you're right! I thought it was only the Norway meal that had changed. I guess I should pay more attention! Sorry for the confusion!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Intercot Sweet_Hidden!!
    You're never going to see everything. Take your time and just enjoy yourselves. Do what your kids want to do. Don't miss Mickey's Philharmagic, you'll all love it. Have a great time!!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say that the main park for kids is MK. Also, I agree, the 3-D shows are a definite must-see. The kids and my DH and I loved them. Before our trip I let the kids look online and in our guide book and point out what they most wanted to see and made a list for each park. Before we did anything at each park we got out that list and we hit everything that they wanted to see. By doing this we sort of had a plan and we could see everything that they wanted. It turned out great. I would consider eating a meal at Crystal Palace, the food was excellent and the Pooh characters were great! Have a great time! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

We took our sons last year on our first family trip.

You'll definately want to ride Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin in the Magic Kingdom ! Your kids will LOVE it -- and so will you ! It's like being the main character in your own video game.

Definately take some time to relax in the resort pool.

Ride the monorail -- and ask if you can sit up front with the driver. Kids & adults love the different view from the front.

Have fun & relax !
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I took my kids for the first time 2 years ago, they were also 5&8, the only diffrence was my 5 year old was a girl! Buzz Lightyear is a must, it was the first ride we went on and they loved it! You can't go wrong at MK, but at Epcot my 8 year old son LOVED Fast Track [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] It is a great age to bring them, Have a wonderful trip!

Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder
    Post Thanks / Like

How about heading over to FW for dinner at Trails End(best deal on site in my opinion) then join in the Campfire program -make S'mores, sing some songs, catch a movie.
    Hi Neighbor! Have a 'Gansett.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Make sure you check out this Posting , started by me (OK, it's self-serving). Great tips. Also, remember to allow the kids to tell you what they want to do. They won't miss things they don't see, and may want to do on Buzz 12 times. If the lines aren't too insane, let 'em!!

With kids that age, getting to the parks early is a must, as is the mid-day swim/nap break. Enjoy your time!!
    "It's a girl! A girl? In the castle? She's the one...the one we have been waiting for!"

'74 Int'l Drive
    '83 FW
    '86 LBV
    '92 Offsite @ Christmas (never again!)
    '01 One day! :(
    '03 POFQ with my 2 DDs
    '08 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

whatever you do, make sure to build in some downtime at the pool or just hanging out every day.

Disney World can be overwhelming if you don't. We learned early that with our son (and even ourselves!) that it isn't fun if you are tired, hot and cranky!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

[img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] I guess Buzzlight year it is... [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] seems to be really poppular and well the kids wanted to do it to. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I think downtime in Late June is going to be a must. Nell your right Cranky and Disney, I really don't think would get along GAN, We were considering going over to FW for the campfire. Space Mountain Man, That is a great post. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thank for all the input this is making planning a lot easier.

I am Keeping Notes!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Intercot!
    Like someone said before, Mickey's Phillharmagic is a MUST! My 4 yr old DD LOVED it. We did it several times in one day.

I hope you and your family will have a great time on your trip. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    "Celebrate the future, hand in hand"
    Upcoming Trips: March - (escaping Mardi Gras)
    May - Expedition Everest 5K
    November - Wine & Dine Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

We have been going to WDW since my neice was 6 and nephew 3. Our first trip my nephew wanted to go on Dumbo 4 times in a row. So we figured out to split up with him and let some people go in line in between us so he got his multiple rides. They kids both loved going to the resort pool so we also spent alot of time there. An important thing to remember is kids enjoy different things than adults. They don't understand the cost of the trip so keep that in mind and go with the flow a little. I always hear kids asking when they can go swimming and the parents saying they didn't spend all this money to go swimming they were going on rides and going to have fun. Just let the kids have some say in what you do and have a great trip.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing you might want to do is bring a spare set of clothes to Epcot and Downtown Disney. They have "fountains" in the sidewalk. At Epcot, it is heading into the World Showcase. My nephew had a ball playing in that when he was little. Except then he had to walk around absolutely soaked. Same with the sidewalk fountain at DTD. There we forgot to bring a change of clothes as well and he had to ride back to the hotel au naturelle. We didn't want to get the rental car seats soaked. The look on the valet parking attendant's face was priceless when my nephew hopped out of the car!
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: