Quantcast A Star Wars Wild Weekend -- Day Four 5/16/04

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

A Star Wars Wild Weekend -- A PolyGirl40 Trip Report

5/16/04 – Day Four

Breakfast with Pooh – Soap Star Sighting & Singing Turtles.

May 16, 2004 – Hot & Humid (88/68)

Starting Line-up:
    Me: Carol
    #1 Son: Jeremy

Dates: May 13-17, 2004

With MGM and Downtown Disney missions completed, Jer decided he wanted to go to Magic Kingdom and also do more Epcot today. Okie-Dokie. It’s his trip.

I called Dining and was able to secure an 8:20AM PS for the Crystal Palace. (We typically like to get in early and beat the crowds to the back of the Kingdom. Today would be no different)

We were out at the bus stop and on our way to the Magic Kingdom by 7:30. There was a Women’s Triathlon underway. The race portion was zooming out of Main Street and over toward the Grand Floridian when we arrived. It was cool to see them going running by. Such dedication.

We were allowed in by 8AM. We took our time since we had a few minutes. We like taking photos of an empty park. As soon as we checked in at the podium our name was called. The Crystal Palace is (and remains) our favorite breakfast buffet. The characters, food, atmosphere and service are all excellent. Total tab: $36.19

After breakfast we headed right to Fantasyland for rope drop. (It always amazes me to see guests run. ) We headed right to Mickey’s PhilharMagic and enjoyed it immensely. It was just as fun seeing it this trip. I had to stop at the gift shop. I collect Sorcerer Mickey snow globes and they have an attraction globe with Donald and the hat. I needed it to spice up my collection. We then proceeded to Peter Pan.

Those were the only 2 attraction’s Jer wanted to do in Fantasyland. (He only wanted to do his favorites.) We trotted off to do the Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Jungle Cruise and Pirates. Wow! We encountered no lines until we headed toward Tomorrowland. Jer wanted to shoot some Zorg! It was starting to get hot and the crowds were definitely evident in this area. We were going to take a trip on the TTA but they wouldn’t let Jeremy on with his lemonade. Oh well …

We pretty much did all we wanted to do so headed over to the Polynesian. Jeremy wanted to send some email and the Polynesian’s TTY has the text keypad. That’s fine with me son. I did some shopping for Shayne while waiting. On my way downstairs I ran into Jacob Young. (He used to play Lucky Spencer on General Hospital and is now on All My Children.) I’m a huge GH fan so this was way cool for me. I said; "Hi" and he said "Hi" and we headed our separate ways.

At this point we figured we'd better check on the book replacement from MGM before heading to Epcot. We grabbed a bus for Coronado Springs and were pleased to find our book waiting for us at the gift shop. We were feeling a bit hungry since neither of us ate very much for breakfast and opted for a quick bite at the Pepper Market. Jeremy ordered a chicken sandwich while I dined on a burger. It was this time that Jer informed me it was the first time I ordered something other than chicken. I thought about it … and he was right. [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img] Total bill: $26.58

Jer wanted to tour the resort since we hadn’t even been over to the main pool side yet and we were scheduled to leave tomorrow. It took us an hour to stroll completely around the lake. We walked at a slow pace and took in all of the sites. The resort is so beautifully landscaped. The foliage is so fragrant. I’m glad we opted to relax a little to take in the sights this afternoon.

By 4 o’ clock we were on a bus and on our way back to Epcot. We had an 8PM PS for San Angel Inn. Upon arriving we took a journey through Spaceship Earth, visited the Living Seas and zoomed back to Mars. (I told you Jer really liked Mission: Space.) After playing in Innoventions and sending Shayne a post card, we got Fast Passes for Test Track. (It was the only attraction line we encountered all trip.) Our time was for 7. We figured we do that before dinner.

Today we opted to start at the Canadian side of World Showcase. We did the film and moseyed around the World. We landed in America right when the Flower Power Concert was beginning. We grabbed a spot and listened to the Turtles. They were both funny and entertaining. We watched the drummers in Japan. Jer wanted to see the new film in China. (We missed it in December.) Our timing was perfect. As we arrived in China the acrobats were getting ready to perform. We love these children! We quickly got a spot and watched the show. These kids are amazing. If you get a chance to see them, do so.

It was now after 6:30. We decided to skip our Test Track ride and stay to see the China film. I’m so glad we did. The new film is great! Right after we got done with the show it was time for our PS. We headed to Mexico and checked in. While waiting we learned that they were full for the evening and taking no more diners. I'm thankful I called for a PS early enough. This is a very popular dinner spot. Within 10 minutes our pager went off.

I ordered a frozen margarita; soup azteca and the Camarones Fideos (marinated grilled Shrimp over angel hair pasta). Jeremy decided to have the vegetarian special which consisted of a bean burrito, enchilada and rice. All was wonderful. We couldn’t finish our meals since we had a later lunch than normal. Not to mention snacking on those delicious nachos they bring. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Nonetheless all was great! Total charge: $47.82

We were going to stay for the Extra Magic Hour but decided not to. We had seen and done everything we wanted to (with the exception of Test Track.) We could see that a lot of guests had wristbands. I’m assuming the EMH was a success. (I measure success by interested parties. There seemed to be a lot of folks planning on staying.) I talked to a few people and they were thrilled.

I really hope the test phase was successful. I think it is great to offer all parks either early or late. This will give late nighters and early risers Extra Magic Hours.

We headed to the bus stop by 9:30. We had packing to do and our bones were tired. We had another early morning coming up. Happy Limo was scheduled to pick us up by 8:30.

I turned on The Practice finale but fell asleep during the opening credits. [img]graemlins/sleepin.gif[/img]

Magic Kingdom Photos

Next Up:

Home & Final Thoughts

[ May 29, 2004, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: PolyGirl40 ]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a fun day! Thanks for the report and the pictures! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    With F-I-G-M-E-N-T,you can see things differently!

Imagination......imagination, a dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you.

Next WDW Trip- New Years 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe you ran into Jacob Young...that's great...I'm a huge GH fan also... have watched since way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth...and Luke and Laura were "on the run". My daughter loves him..thinks he's a Brad Pitt look a like!

Anyway...sounds like you guys had a great time.
    Phyllis

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Another excellent day Carol. I've got to try San Angel Inn for dinner at some point, sounds very good. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Glad that you got a chance to walk around Coronado Springs. Your pictures are excellent.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PolyGirl40

Not to mention snacking on those delicious
    nachos they bring.
    -------------------------------------------
    Are the Nachos something that you ordered off of the appetizer menu? I do not remember those.
    We have a PS for SAI in August so I was wondering
    they sound YUMMY! [img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img]
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by goofy for pluto:
    Are the Nachos something that you ordered off of the appetizer menu?
    No. They are brought to your table instead of bread. YUM! [img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img]
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

What's a trip to WDW without breakfast at CP? [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Oh, I can't believe I didn't even think of checking the Philharmagic giftshop (guess I wasn't even aware that there was one...DUH!). I bet that is a really cute globe.

What an awesome day, Carol. Seems like you guys got A LOT done! I love park/resort hopping! I hate I missed the new China film last December. It was really good, huh? Don't hear much about it here on INTERCOT.

Can't wait for your final thoughts.
    Melanie aka Melanears ºOº

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like another great day. Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Fun day, start to finish! Thanks for the pics!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing! I've really enjoyed the corresponding pictures!

On a side note, I so wanted to be Lucky Spencer and marry Lucy Coe when I was younger. [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Josh

Post Thanks / Like

Great day. You sure got some good pictures of an almost empty MK. Thanks for sharing them.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Love the pictures! You take the best pictures.

Sounds like a great day! Me and Jeremy have the same favorites in Fantasy Land!

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

I realllllly enjoyed your trip reports and all your wonderful pictures. I leave in 10 days... boy I wish it was tomorrow (only b/c I'm not packed) YET!!!!! I think I'll pack tonight. thanks again what a great trip and pictures.
    TinkX2

Next Visit - Dec 2017 Pop Century
    Dec 2016 - Pop Century
    Feb 2016 - Coronado Springs Resort
    Dec 2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    June 2010 - Off-site
    June 2004 - Old Key West Resort
    May 2003 - All Star Music
    March 2001 - Caribbean Beach Resort

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Another great report! Thanks Carol! Your pics are wonderful! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

I loved all the photos. Looks like you took full advantage of getting in early because it looks like you had the park to yourselves! I have enjoyed all your reports. Very vivid and I can play a little movie in my head as I read. Thanks for another fun one. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm loving your reports! I wasn't expecting them so soon as I thought your next trip wasn't until October! What a pleasant surprise!

I must admit, we are some of the runners when the rope drops at Fantasyland [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] . My daughter get so excited and always challenges me by saying the first one to Dumbo gets to pick out the color! I can't resist...I hope she never outgrows it either!

I've been trying to get my hubby to agree to two mother-son and one mother-daughter trips as birthday gifts but he has this idea that it's all or nobody....I'll keep working on it though. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Proud mom to Monorail_Red and goofhook and DD Jenn!
    Proud member of the magical Disney Parks Moms Panel family.

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Auntie:
    I'm a huge GH fan also...
    Maurice Benard was there yesterday. I would have fainted if I saw him. [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I saw some photos of him with his daughters and Cinderella. He was beaming and smiling as they got autographs. Both of his girls were wearing tiaras.
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up on the snow globes - will have to check the store out.

CP sounds wonderful - I just wish my boys were more into Pooh . . .

And what a great mom not to forget about Shayne at home
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

It's just a mini globe .... but it has a hat!
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Polygirl,
    I always enjoy reading your trip reports.

I just have to say, as a fellow GH devotee (since about 1979), that it's so cool you got to see Lucky #2!! I've never seen anyone famous. And I agree that if I ever saw Sonny in person I think I would faint dead away - or at least have a really good swoon!!!! [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Nini [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    '72 & '76 FW
    '88 Off Site
    '98 Dixie Landings
    '00 Treehouse Villas
    '02 & '03 POR
    '04 & '05 WL
    '06 & '07 POR
    '07 WL
    '09 POR
    '11 AKL
    '13 WL