Quantcast what kind of medicines to bring

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Can anyone help out with this question. What kind of medicines do you usually bring with when you go on Disney trips? First aid kind of stuff.
    [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] We are down to 53 days left!!!
    First trip 4/03

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I always bring my prescription medications that I take daily, as well as any prescriptions that I have for a specific condition that may only occur occassionally (muscle spasms, headaches, etc.).

I also always bring Ibuprofen (Advil) and Acetametiphen (Tylenol), Benadryl, some type of anti-diarrheal medicine and/or tummy ache medicine, a few bandaids, some Neosporin, eye crops, tweezers, a nail file and, until they were confiscated because I packed them in the wrong bag, nail scissors.

I don't have any kids though, so I can't help in that area.

Here's a packing list from Info Central that may help you out!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Adding to Beast_fanatic, if you ever tend to get motion sick I would also bring Dramamine. I have to use it on the plane but I also like to take one on the days that I know I am going on bumpy rides (Star Tours, Body Wars, Dinosaur, etc...). I always use the "less drowsy" or I will be falling asleep!
    October 2001-AKL-Honeymoon!
    September 2002-OKW
    February 2003-Offsite-Doubletree Club LBV
    December 2004-Pop Century
    November 2007-ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

If you have kids bring children's tylenol, children's mortrin, children's benadryl, children's dramamine, children's vitamins and
    children's allergy medicine.

Post Thanks / Like

(It's not really medicine, but health related!)

We took bug spray last year as WDW was leaving letters in hotel rooms cautioning people about the West Nile Virus.

And don't forget the sunscreen!

[ March 05, 2003, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Flower ]
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's not medicine - but I always bring a thermometer. One year my youngest was very sick while on vacation and I had no idea how high his fever was. It's been one of the first thing in my carry-on every since.

All resorts have a little shop with over-the-counter meds, in a pinch.
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Last Aug I brought my neice and nephew for a 10 day trip. My neice packed herself and when we arrived I was helping her unpack. She had brought tums, mylanta, neosporin, bandaids (plain and some with medicine for itching), cough drops, sudafed, chap stick, lotion, manicure set, icy hot pads, tampons (she had never had a need for them but wanted them just in case she started), foot powder, mole skin, and a thermometer. She was 12 at the time and I thought I was traveling with my mother. But we had everything we needed and a few things that we didn't. What can I say she used to be a Girl Scout!

Post Thanks / Like

But we had everything we needed and a few things that we didn't. What can I say she used to be a Girl Scout! [/QB]
    Wow! I know the boy scout motto was "Be Prepared". What was the Girl Scout Motto?
    October 2001-AKL-Honeymoon!
    September 2002-OKW
    February 2003-Offsite-Doubletree Club LBV
    December 2004-Pop Century
    November 2007-ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

What is the Girl Scout motto!?!? I remember seeing that just recently and thinking oh, yeah. Because we all think of be prepared.

Anyway, I bring all the bandaids, neosporin, ibuprofen, nyquil (even), dramamine (my sister likes to take half or a quarter of a tablet to avoid being sleepy but still not be motion sick), athlete's foot stuff, baby powder (for removing sand), aloe vera lotion, etc. etc. About like the 12 year old former Girl Scout.

Nearly every bit of it has been unused. No blisters, diarrhea, sunburns - probably because I tote all that stuff along, just in case.

The thing we have used the most is ginger ale. Almost every trip our granddaughter, and usually one or two others, developes some sort of stomach upset. The ginger ale seems to work best for most of us. There's supposed to be something about ginger and upset stomachs and the extra fluids doesn't hurt either.

We still laugh about the 3 am wake-up this last trip when our daughter was trying, so quietly, to get a can of ginger ale out of the cooler for her daughter and caused a big racket with the ice.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

I found an AWESOME anti- nausa medicine it's BONNINE... This stuff is MUCH better than Dramamine and doesn't leave my kids drowsy at all.. They can't ride anything without it.. One Tablet b/4 we start our day at Disney and they never have a problem... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

2 things that I never go to WDW without is:

BANDAIDS... you can NEVER have enough
    PEPTO BISMOL... my husband has a very sensitive stomach... and it works really quickly. We take the chewable tablets so that we can carry them easily into the parks..

other items I always pack are:
    neosporin, tylenol or motrin, allergy pills, and childrens tylenol.

Post Thanks / Like

The Girl Scout Promise

ON MY HONOR, I WILL TRY:
    To serve God and my country,
    To help people at all times,
    And to live by the Girl Scout Law.

Also, according to the Girl Scout website, the Girl Scout MOTTO is ALSO Be Prepared.

Anyway, back to the topic...

I always bring Moleskin, precut -- very important. Cut it into blister-size pieces and put it in your bag, ready to go. Especially since you really can't bring scissors anymore, and that stuff can't really be ripped.

Sunscreen, in a bottle and a small rub-on tube that I can throw into by bag.

For the baby, I bring Children's Tylenol, nail clippers, diaper rash cream and a nasal apirator.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Bandaides for sure. Tylenol, cold medications just in case. And always an antacid and medication for diarrhea. This usually covers everything. Have a great trip! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    WL concierge silver wedding anniversary 2004
    GCH, disneyland July 2005
    WL concierge Dec 2005
    Wilderness Lodge 2007
    POP Century May 2008
    POP Century May 2009
    POP Century October 2010
    New DVC Owners BLT
    BLT/AKL Villas May 2011
    CS/DCL Fantasy Maiden Voyage 03/2012
    BLT Oct 2012
    BLT Jan 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

This thread really hit a chord with me, because when I'm not being a librarian, I'm an EMT with our local Red Cross chapter. That gives me a bias toward being over-prepared. [img]smile.gif[/img]

On our last trip to WDW, which was my first in about 20 years, I was seriously thinking of taking my "jump" kit (elaborate first aid and trauma kit). A combination of my DW's advice and the new airport security regulations kept me from doing it though. It seems they frown on knives and scissors in airports these days [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] . Also, Disney has behind the scenes first aiders and medics in the parks. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Really, the most important two things are to keep hydrated and watch out for blisters. Getting dehydrated is one of the major causes of that gritty kind-of-hung-over headache, and even a small blister can ruin a day you planned to spend walking. Water and moleskin, folks.

As far as OTC meds, if you forget something minor you can get Tylenol, etc. from shops and resorts. If you need something major, there is a full-service 24/7 drug store nearby in Lake Buena Vista. I've never been there, but anyone in the resorts can help you find it. They deliver (for $5) and you can put the items and delivery fee on your room charge. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Stitchfan [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

[ March 14, 2003, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: stitchfan ]
    "Vocatus atque non vocatus Deus aderit.". . .

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Stitchfan, I'm a Librarian too! That's why I felt compelled to look up the Girl Scout Motto when someone asked! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

We learned on our last trip that they have everything you need right in the parks. We had to go to the first aid station in the Magic Kingdom and there is a mini drug store in there. You can buy almost any OTC that you need. We were looking for liguid Pepto Bismol as my husband doesn't like the tablets and we got to go in and see everything they had for sale. Impressive.
    Lori (aka Pongo)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

My family always laughs at the amount of first aid stuff I carry on my fanny pack, at least until they need something.

I take Benadryl, Aspirin, Tylenol, Chewable Pepto Bismol tabs, bandaids, Neosporin ointment, Ben's insect repellant (100% DEET, so watch it with kids), Moleskin and scissors, alcohol wipes, sun block, eye drops, and since we camp at FW and also golf, I carry the Extractor both in the camper and in my golf bag in case of snake bite. The one item that gets used the most - Moleskin!

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Jim

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the moleskin hint........I have never used it before. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I always carry a chapstick, and Aveeno bug itch cream.
    [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Tiggers are wonderful things!<br /><br /><br />Honeymoon Disney world 1983<br />Disneyland (off site)2000<br />Wilderness Lodge April 2003<br />'The Suite' SOG April 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

My wife (TiggerMania) and I were both Scouts and Leaders! We bring everything. Including a sink (sorta).
    Our kit includes Water/Sweat Resistant Sun Screen, Sun Burn ointment, Ibuprophen, Tylenol, MoleSkin (not pre-cut but a good idea), Band Aids, Acid Reducer (Tums or Pepcid), Imodium AD, Clear Nail Polish (stops bug bites from itching), Moist Towelettes, Hand Sanitizer (kitchen sink), Extra Zip Lock Baggies (keeps things dry or place to put wet or leaking items), Chap Stick with spf.

Whew that is a lot.. And after going on Body Wars right after Breakfast last year, I will probably bring some dramamine!

Tony
    Tony
    ---------------------------------------------

I'm a married spud... I'm a married spud...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: