Quantcast All food included?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Hi! We are DVC members and are thinking about the DCL. I have been doing some reading in this forum and came across a post that said all food was included even at the snack bar and ice cream. My 8 year old son wants to know if he can eat as much ice cream as he wants anytime he wants! [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] Is EVERYTHING food wise included, even room service? Thanks!

Lisa [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Your son will be a happy boy to hear he can have all the ice cream he wants!! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] As the matter of fact, they have differint toppings as well!!
    Yes, all the food is included and yes the snack bar too!! The only thing that is extra is Alcohol drinks, Soda, (soda is free during sit down meals) and if you go to an adult restaurant at Palo's, you pay $5.00 extra per person. And yes the room service is included!
    I am a DVC person myself and i use points for the cruise. It is GREAT!!!

Look for my e mail

[ September 04, 2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Bmwdsny ]
    Melinda

DH; DD(13); DS(9)
    DVC Owner: BWV, VWL, VB, SSR

Future Trip: August 2006
    WDW and Double CC Disney Cruise

Past Trips: 8/05 DL and 14 day Repo Cruise;
    12/04 BCV/SSR/Wonder Cr; 1/04 WLV;

WL Flag Family 1/18/2004

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding Soda, Is there a beverage card or re-fillable mug you can purchase?
    Details please [img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img] ....

Thank you, kk
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, either way, you're right." Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you can buy a mug to have refills of soda throughout the cruise. Cost depends on the nights of cruise you go on.
    I know the 7 night is $35.00.
    Melinda

DH; DD(13); DS(9)
    DVC Owner: BWV, VWL, VB, SSR

Future Trip: August 2006
    WDW and Double CC Disney Cruise

Past Trips: 8/05 DL and 14 day Repo Cruise;
    12/04 BCV/SSR/Wonder Cr; 1/04 WLV;

WL Flag Family 1/18/2004

Post Thanks / Like

The shorter cruises offer all-you-can-drink pop deals as well. The details change from time to time, but in general you pay a flat fee and can get refills whenever you want. Sometimes you get a mug and sometimes you get a sticker for your room passcard. If you get a mug, they refill you from a soda fountain. If you get a sticker, I think they hand out cans.

There is also a fixed price limited-refills deal for beer [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] , but we didn't indulge so I don't know the particulars.

The soft drink mug or sticker is kind of expensive (if I recall, it was something like $21 for a three-day cruise). It's only worthwhile if you intend to drink a LOT of pop while you're on board.

There have been some questions about if the deal is good on Castaway Cay. When we were last there (06/01) you could use your mug privileges at the bars and food stands on Castaway Cay, but some Intercoters have posted that it was not so when they were there since our visit. Perhaps someone who has gone recently can address this?

Stitchfan [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    "Vocatus atque non vocatus Deus aderit.". . .

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,
    I have recent sailed the Wonder in August. And the beverage situation was: You could get a Soda Plan for 20 per person where they give you a sticker and put it on your room card key. This will allow you to get soda from anywhere on the ship soda is served (ie, the bars, Plutos Dog House, Pinoccios Pizza). If you want the mug it will cost you 5 dollars more per person. But that means you have to have your mug with your whenever you want soda. I tried to get soda at Castaway Cay, but I was told that I would have to pay extra for it. I was also told that you have to pay extra if it was canned soda, but don't quote me on that point. I hope I was of some help. I have posted trip reports from my recent cruise in the trip report forum. Please feel free to take a peek and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. On my last installment, I will try and list some of the activities they had available on the cruise.

'83~Off
    '91~Off
    '93~Off
    '96~Off
    '97~Off
    '99~Off
    '00~Contemporary/Disney Magic (Jul)
    '00~WL (Dec)
    '01~Off
    '02~POR
    '03~Disney Wonder/AKL (Aug)
    '03~WL(Dec)
    '04~Saratoga
    '05~Polynesian (Apr)
    '05~Pop (Sep)
    '06~POR FQ
    '14-Pop
    '16~Off (March)
    '16~ASMusic (Aug)
    '17~Off'

Post Thanks / Like

Most all of your food on the ship is included however there are a few exceptions. Ice cream is included so that is a plus and get as much food as you want at the fancy restaurants b/c that is included as well! Some of the best food you will ever eat..and its FREE! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Good to know about the food thing... My fiance and I have been considering a DC in the future, but we're still picking up all the details...

And who needs pop when there's water? There's fresh water available on the ship, right? Or is only bottled available???
    Coming up - 2006: Port Orleans French Quarter<br />2003: All Star Movies - he proposed!! (c:<br />2000: Coronado Springs<br />1992: Dixie Landings<br />1990: Caribbean Beach

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: