Quantcast Skip a park?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skip a park?

Post Thanks / Like

Which of the four parks would you skip on a 3 day vacation. [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

36 Days 12 Hrs 52 Mins 33 Secs

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I wouldn't skip a park - I would go to AK first thing in the morning, then switch to another park like MGM after seeing the main things at AK. AK is small enough to do the main attractions in half a day.

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Jim

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

Post Thanks / Like

In the best "have your cake and eat it too" tradition: none!

Example (only): Day 1 - MK; Day 2 - Studios; Day 3 - AK; and Epcot every afternoon after 4 pm [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

I am going for 3 1/2 days in October and we are skipping AK. We went for 4 days in April and tried to do them all, working in 1/2 days as was suggested previously. I would never do that again. Time is too precious on a short trip and too much of it was wasted traveling from park to park. AK has the least to see, skip it on a short trip and come back next time.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

We went for a 4 day trip and we skipped MGM. We spent all day open to close at AK. The only two attraction we missed that we wanted to see were the Kahli River Rapids and the Tarzan show. We went to downtown Disney that night. Day 2 was MK in the am, then a swim and nap and back to MK for dinner and E-night. Third day was open to close Epcot. We wanted to see a lot of stuff we had always seemed to miss from past trips to Ecpot this is why we decided to skip MGM, on our last trip we did practically everything at MGM. Day 4 before our flight left we shopped and lunch at Downtown Disney.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

I really think you could combine AK and EPCOT in the same day...hit the highlights of AK in morning and get to EPCOT and stay till 9.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

First, I have to agree that you can fit all four parks into a three day trip. We did it last year in Nov. 2001. We did AK our first morning, then Epcot in the evening. We did MGM the second day. Then we did MK one day, followed by an MGM and Epcot evening.

BUT if I had to pick one park that I would skip .... Well, I personally would skip MGM. But my advice for you has a few "ifs" in it:

1) If you have never been to AK, but you've experienced the other parks more than once: Skip Epcot.

2) If you absolutely love thrill rides and live for thrill rides and nothing else: skip AK.

3) If you couldn't care less about thrill rides and you just love the whole Disney atmosphere: skip MGM.

And last but not least ... NEVER SKIP MK!!!

[img]smile.gif[/img] - Vaneta
    1972, Orlando Campground; 1988-94, Orlando-area resident (frequent visits); 1992, PO; 1993, Dolphin; 1996, WL; 1996, D.Inst.; 1997, BW Inn; April 2001, Wild. Home; Nov. 2001, BWV, OKW & AS Music; March 2002, OKW; Nov. 2002, BWV & Offsite; Nov. 2005, SSprings and WLV

Post Thanks / Like

I took a 3 day trip this past May, and we decided to skip Animal Kingdom. It wasn't easy for me to totally skip a park, but time is so important on short trips, and it's necessary to make maximum use of the time. Go to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and the Disney Studios, and go back to Animal Kingdom next time. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

We've actually only planned for two parks in three days. The first day, we are getting off the cruise boat and checking into WL. So, we decided that since we've never been to Downtown Disney, we are going to spend that day there and also checking out the Christmas decorations in the monorail resorts. Then we'll spend one day at the Studios and the other at MK. I hate to miss out on the others, but we just didn't think we could do justice by trying to cram it all in. It gives us an excuse to go back. (As if I need one) [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    May 2007 - WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to agree with Janmac's theory. Hit MGM, MK, and AK at open. Finish the afternoons and evenings with Epcot.

We just returned from WDW a week or so ago, and as two adults in our late 20s, we found Epcot to be, unfortunately, somewhat dated - save Journey into Your Imagination, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, and Test Track. But mind you, we loved Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster at MGM, too.
    last trip: Sept 17-22, 2002 @ POR

Post Thanks / Like

In the past when I have gone on a shortened trip to Disney, I have skipped Animal Kingdom with my family. However, with proper planning, and lots of energy you can pack all four of the parks in. Good luck, and have a great time.

Jen

Places I have stayed on property:

All Star-Movies and Sports
    Caribbean Beach-Trinidad
    Beach Club

Places I would like to stay:

Polynesian
    Wilderness
    Port Orleans RS&FQ
    Offsite: 1977-1990's
    96- CB
    00-ASM
    May 01-Honeymoon- BC
    Feb 02-ASS
    Mar 04- ASM
    Feb 05-SS
    Nov 06-SS
    July 2007-SS
    Mar 08-SSR
    SSR Mar 09
    OKW July 09
    SSR Dec 10
    OKW Sept 12

DVC Member since April 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Just to prove it can be done, I went to Disney for a weekend in January last year. We visited MGM and AK on Saturday, and MK and Epcot on Sunday, AND spent saturday night at Downtown Disney!!! Of course, I have been there before, so I knew what I wanted to see and I was absolutely pooped on the way home...but if you are selective, you can defenitely do all four parks in three days -- I did them all in two!

However, I must say I am looking forward to my 11-day trip in May!
    3/2000 Offsite<br />1/2002 AS Sports<br />3/2003 AS Music<br />5/2003 Offsite (Sheraton Safari Hotel)<br />6/2003 CBR<br />7/2003 Offsite<br />9/2003 AS Sports<br />10/2003 AS Sports<br />11/2003 GF Honeymoon Suite!<br />1/2004 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I do not know where you guys get all your energy from!!!! We were tired out most afternoons from the parks and it was a struggle to make it out for dinner some nights!!! But packing a day with two parks from 9am until 9pm or even later... ha! there would have been no chance of us doing that.

Anyway a note on AK. It is a great park and should not be underestimated. If you try and "do" it in a morning you'll miss out on a lot of the great details, attractions and atmosphere. If I was in your position I would choose two parks this trip and spend a whole day at each and then the third day at a water park and DD.

Whatever you decide have a great trip. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for skipping the AK if you don't want to park hop. If you don't want to skip any, you could just spend the morning at AK and then transfer to another park. AK can definitely be done in 1/2 day. Animals are most active in the morning so I would suggest going there first thing in the morning if you decide to split up your day.

Post Thanks / Like

I would also suggest skipping AK out of the other parks. It's a great park but I liked the other three much better.
    ~~The Brat~~

Adults are obsolete children. -- Dr. Seuss
    In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul.
    My reality has become warped!

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If you plan to go back, I'd get a park hopper pass and only use the days you need. Your next trip you will have your remaining days to use.

When we go to WDW we only use 2 days of our park hopper and go to MGM then Epcot, AK then MK. Sometimes we skip AK all together. We stay at MGM sometimes all day, just because I really like the park and Fantasmic.

If you get to go to the parks three days with a park hopper you should be able to see everything you want. We "hop" around quite a bit.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Long Island, New York (1131 miles for the magic!)
    Post Thanks / Like

As some have said earlier, you could do all four parks in three days. Lord knows I did 6 in 4 days!!! My suggestion would be AK and MGM in the same day. Head over to AK first thing in the morning and MGM in the afternoon so you can catch Fantasmic at night. This leaves you with Epcot and MK for two whole days!

Enjoy your trip!!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    77'-79' Offsite
    80' Contemporary
    83' Golf Resort
    90' Caribbean Beach
    96' All Star Sports
    99' Wilderness Lodge
    01' All Star Sports
    02' Coronado Springs
    03' Port Orleans Riverside
    04' Caribbean Beach
    07' Buena Vista Palace - Downtown Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I think that I echo the majority in saying that I would combine two parks into one day. I would hit the AK on a Magic Hour and get there before opening time, stay there till after lunch and about 1p.m. head over to Epcot and tour until closing. Then spend one day at MK and Studio each.

That makes one day long but it is manageable by relaxing when riding in the attractions and on the rides from AK to Epcot. And at one time there was a bus that went from AK to Epcot, but I don't think it runs anymore. But the transfer spot would be the AS resorts as they are the closest.

And don't forget to eat three good meals and snack and get plenty of fluids if you decide to do this. This will help keep the energy levels up.
    ROBERT

PROUD FATHER OF A DAUGHTER FIGHTING AND BEATING LEUKEMIA. PROUD FATHER OF A GREAT SON EXCELLING IN ALL HE DOES. PROUD HUSBAND OF THE BEST AND MOST SUPPORTIVE WIFE A MAN COULD HAVE.

HURRICANE KATRINA SURVIVOR

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with The Inventor's Daughter, it all depends on your personal preferences. I personally love AK and would pick it over MGM . I don't like rides like Tower of Terror or the Rock-n-Roller Coaster, but I love Dinosaur and Kali River Rapids. Then there are the shows, MGM has Beauty and the Beast which is great and Fantasmic which in my opinion is not to be missed,while AK has Festival of the Lion KIng also a great show. The Tree of Life, which is the centerpiece of AK, is awe inspiring to say the least. If you love nature AK is the place to go but if you are looking for thrills then MGM is the place for you. If it is the first time for you at either one of these then I'd suggest not rushing through,but if you must then split the day as suggested above with AK in the earlier part of the day and MGM in the latter part of the day. Hope this has been helpful and have a great time!!!!!
    "It's going to be Walt Disney World, so people will always know that this was Walt's dream." - Roy Disney

Off-Site 5x
    ASMu 2x
    AlSMo 1x
    PC 3x
    POR 3x
    POFQ 2x
    CBR 2x
    CSR 1x
    WL 4x
    AKL 3x
    Y&BC 2x
    BWI 3x