Quantcast which park in torrential rain? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

i LOVE the rain. I dont know why, i just do. My favorite memories of the rain at wdw was one time we came out of IASM and it was POURING, we stepped out and the rain was freeeeeeeeeezing. But we didnt care and there was almost no one walking around so we ran out and were running around in fantasyland with the extremely cold rain til we got to liberty square.

Another good time was in epcot. Even though we were waiting for test track and it was closed due to the rain, we had to get back to where my mom was, I believe at the land, so we just ran thru epcot, people were looking at us from under overhangs and such like we were crazy. but it was great.

And the worst rain experience. At MGM our last trip, we at the fantasmic dinner package with the hollywood and vine. I dont remember at what point it started to rain, but it did, BOYYYYYYY IT DID. We were walking, and the thunder seemed to get louder, and the lighting was more violent. At one point it was so bad we made a sprint for the restaurant, I dont know how its possible, but we were told that lightning struck like 5-10 feet away from my brother and I. Scary stuff.

But overall, the only thing bettr than a nice sunny day at the parks is a nice rainy crowd-clearin hour.

:::::POSSIBLY THE FOURTH OF JULY?!?!?!?!?!?!:::::

[img]graemlins/tiki.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] MANNN I LOVE THAT PLACE [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tiki.gif[/img]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, My experience in the pouring rain at Epcot was so dramatically different I just had to post. We were there late August last year and a huge storm rolled in. We were at Epcot and the place just Shut down. Resturants, vendors and shows just closed up shop, several rides quit working. There was NOTHING to do, nowhere to go to get otu of the rain because it was so packed. We tried to hit the AI show at the American pavilion but were turned away twice. The CM told us they were way over capacity. It was miserable and a total waste of the pass and the day. We tried to watch the O Canada movie but the AC was turned down so low that all of us soaked to the bone people began to freeze. So we just left.
    Tigerlilly
    Mommy to Parker and Laurie
    First - July 1979
    Most Recent - POFQ, April 29th 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by missmickey99:
    I totally agree with EPCOT during rainy weather...just don't go on Test Track! My DH and I made this mistake (figuring if the weather was bad enough they would just shut the ride down as usual) but our car got stuck outside on the incline loop! We were stuck there for at least 5 minutes in the pouring rain, and by the time we got in (which was a very SLOW process) we were drenched. On a positive note, there was a CM waiting for us when we got off, and she gave us both vouchers for a free shirt at any store in EPCOT. Don't know if I'd risk the rain for another free shirt...but then again, I did pick a nice one!
    I would, those shirts are expensive. Always loved playing in the rain as a child, guess I haven't grown up. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ February 13, 2004, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: Tiggerlovr9000 ]
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Since most of the visitors seems to head for Epcot... I'll have MK allmost to myself! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]

[ February 13, 2004, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Jonas_Swe ]
    Jșoșnas_Swe
    Disneyland Resort Paris:
    Disneyland Hotel - Castle Club Concierge: -92, -98, -01, -03.
    Walt Disney World - First Time - 2005
    ASM - 2 nights, WL - 13 nights & BWI - 8 nights.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

i actually like it when it rains at disney world.
    it makes the parks ALOT less crowded.
    i went back in june and it rained nearly the whole time. but let me tell you, im really glad it rained because in june it can get pretty hot and the the rain helped things cool (and also emliminated having to stand in long lines with hot sweaty people [img]graemlins/ack.gif[/img] )
    on the day it rained the most we went to epcot and did the world showcase which turned out to be a good plan of attack. but all of the parks we're too bad in the rain, as long as we had our ponchos [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Upcoming trips:
    December 13-17 ASMo

Past Trips:
    Too many to remember!

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with Ray. I always say that Epcot, especially Future World, is the best place to go in rain. Because most of the attractions are situated in larger, indoor pavilions, you can do a few things in a row without ever having to go outside. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt want to be at AK on a rainy day
    MGM isnt too bad
    Epcot and MK are probably about equal I wouldnt hesitate to go to either in the pouring rain

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Jennifer_and_Chris:
    As long as I'm in WDW, I don't care where I get caught in the rain....

Singin' in the rain.... I'd still be singing in the rain!!!!
    I totally agree!!

We had a commercial running on one of our local TV stations right after our last trip to WDW. It used that song and everytime I saw it I thought about being caught at Epcot in a downpour!! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    September 2002 - Coronado Springs
    June 9-17, 2005 - All-Star Movies
    June 11-18, 2009 - Pop Century
    May 19-22, 2011 - POR
    May 22-26, 2011 - Disney Dream - our first Disney cruise
    June 11-18, 2015 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

No question about it... EPCOT!

However, that won't be an issue as I've already consulted the rain gods and they promise to behave while we are there this September....

CHEERS!

Kathie
    " NEVER FORGET this whole thing started with a Mouse." -- Walt Disney

Next trip -- Sept 27 - Oct 4 SSR to celebrate our son's summer adoption!!!

Staid at:
    DVC Members
    Disney: All Mods & Vals + WL, SSR, & AKL
    DD: BVP & BW
    Off: All Star VH & Rosen

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] Rain...oh this reminds me of a good story of when I was there. I was there on a school trip which had at least 80 students! We were on our last day there which we were spending at MGM! WE were all tired and the rain began to pour down. WE managed most of the day but by 4:30 or so everyone was complaining everyone just wanting to get on the bus and head home (which was 18 hours away). It was terrible because everyone was soaked and grumpy..not a good way to start home! MGM was very good for the rain, although I didnt' mind the rain but there was no place really to go. 80 grumpy high schoolers isn't very fun!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    ~April~ șoș<br /><br />Jack Sparrow: Welcome to the Caribbean, luv. <br /><br />Jack Sparrow: A wedding? I love weddings. Drinks all around. <br /><br />Jack Sparrow: Do us a favor... I know it's difficult for you... but please, stay here, and try not to do anything... stupid.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget Disney Quest.
    eel

Post Thanks / Like

I've never done Epcot in the rain, but I can understand why so many have said it. I personally don't mind the rain. It is kind of fun since the crowds seem to disappear with water (like the Witch of the West, LOL).

At any rate, I've done MGM and Magic Kingdom in the rain, and I had a blast. But how could you not, right?! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    --Heff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

One of my favorite memories is waiting for Fantasmic with my best friend, praying and hoping it will hold off just long enough for us to see Mickey save the world. Well, about 10 minutes before the show, here come the managers with rain panchos for all the souvineer sellers to sell... I ran down and bought one "for the walk out" since it was going to hold off, but lo-and-behold, 2 minutes 'til 9 the skies absolutely split! We sat watching the crowd stream out, both of us huddled under the one pancho waiting, "Maybe the rain won't be too bad and they won't cancel" but promptly at 9, the bad news was given. No show for the safety of the actors - definitely understandable.

We waited another 5 minutes or so to let the crowd get gone, then headed out - both of us still under the one pancho - we looked like one of those really bad two-person horse costumes! We were both really tired, and got giggly over how we looked. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Anyway, I know it sounds stupid, but it really was one of the best times I've had at the park - just being there with my best friend, being silly, and letting Disney work it's magic.
    "You're not Mickey Mouse, you're a rat!"
    "Rat, Schmat! Besides, they're tourists! What do they know?"

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by EmisDisneyMom:
    One time we headed to Disney Quest.....BIG mistake!!! Everyone else had the same idea.
    When we checked in on our last trip, it was raining pretty hard at the time. The CMs at the hotel told my wife we should go to Disney Quest since it was raining. I told her no way, that Fantasyland at MK is mostly indoors and the crowds would probably be elsewhere. Sure enough, we got there and it was super quick and easy to get my son through his favorite attractions. Anyway, I presume that is why DQ gets packed in the rain...because the CMs push it during those times.

Post Thanks / Like

Definately go to Epcot during rainy or stormy weather.. We got stuck last year at Animal Kingdom in something that could be compared to a hurricane and it was a nightmare, there was nowhere to go. At Epcot you can stay under cover the majority of the time and run from building to building easily.

Post Thanks / Like

one place i would suggest is were not to be is the liberty belle steamboat during torentail (sp?)rainstorm where it is falling sideways. no place to go. I can tell you from experience just don't be there. we were there last june and we found ourselves going to the movie theater and watch finding nemo at AMC west side at Downtown Disney. EPCOT is good too

Post Thanks / Like

I vote for EPCOT. There is so many more indoor activities versus the other parks.
    "Hey! What's goin' on here?! Uh, oh!"-Fantasmic

"We would not change Joseph for the world, but we will change the world for Joseph!!" - Quote about my son touched by Autism.

All Star Movies 12/01; Port Orleans - FQ 12/02; Wilderness Lodge - 07/04; Disneyland - 8/08!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: