Quantcast "October Surprise" Trip Report - Day 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default "October Surprise" Trip Report - Day 7

“October Surprise” (or ICOT25 Celebration) – Day 7

Trip Dates: October 11 – October 18
    Resort: All Star Music
    Transportation: Southwest Airlines, then Mears Connect to resort.

The Plan:

Monday, October 17th: DHS for ‘early entry’ and morning hours, but nothing on my list for evening. A lot will depend on how my body feels at this point. My last couple trips had me ‘flagging’ after the 4th or 5th day. (‘Old, fat, and ugly’ doesn’t hold up well anymore. LOL)

Well, this is the first day post-ICOT25 and as much as I would like to say I was up and out early, I can’t! So, this will be a short report.

Alarm went off and I was up, but just couldn’t get my act in gear. Got my morning routine taken care of early enough, but sat down and started my ‘catch up’ on my ‘daily’ reports. By the time I got them done and posted it was already after noon. I had lots of things to reminisce about from the past 3+ days and wanted to try to get my thoughts down while I still could. Not quite at “Dory” level yet, but short term memory is fleeting.

After getting caught up, I did make my way to DHS to see what I could get in…Not as much as I would have liked, but still couldn’t bring myself to paying for Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lane attractions. Maybe next time I won’t be so stubborn.

Spent about 3 hours in the park, jumping in queues where possible (under 60 minute waits) and just taking everything in. Of course the ‘mainline’ attraction all had huge StandBy waits, so I did more walking and people watching than riding.

Headed back to the resort to take a short break before going to MK for the evening and trying to get the fireworks show in, as this was my last ‘full’ day for this trip and wanted to send it out with a bang. (Pun intended.) When I arrived at the resort, I could see some heavy dark clouds forming up. I no sooner got back to my room when the clouds parted and ‘the rain, rain, rain fell down, down, down.’ Hoping that this was just a ‘normal’ Florida afternoon shower, I prepped for going back out a little later. After over an hour of pouring rain, it let up. Headed up to the food court to get a drink and get a bus over to MK, when I heard people coming back and saying that a large part of MK was suffering from power outages from lightning strikes. “Negative outcome…not good.” (If anyone remembers the show this quote came from, you are as much of a scifi geek as I am!! LOL) So, I grabbed a bite to eat, refilled my mug, and headed back to watch some Monday Night Football. Kind of a boring night, but everybody needs one of these now and then.

Tomorrow is my last, partial, day and I plan to spend it in Animal Kingdom.

Stay tuned for more ‘daily’ reports…
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry the rain ruined your plans to see the fireworks at Magic Kingdom.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

5. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: