Quantcast "Daisy is a Duck!" -- Day Five (Part One)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Daisy is a Duck!" -- Day Five (Part One)

Of the entire trip, I believe this is the day my daughter most anticipated. Today, we will explore, scour, investigate, participate, and fully immerse ourselves into Galaxy’s Edge and whatever storyline is hidden within. She’s off-the-charts excited.

Months out, we began watching Walt Disney World vloggers as they explore the Star Wars Universe of Galaxy’s Edge. On one episode, we saw a presentation of Savi’s Lightsaber Workshop.

“Are we doing this?”
    “Do you want to do this? It’s very expensive and hard to get into to.”
    “I can’t believe you even asked me. YES!!!”

So, the next morning, I reserved TWO spots. (I didn’t know I could be just an onlooker.)

Earlier, at the 60-day mark at exactly 6 AM, I had made the first dining reservation Oga Cantina. That’s right, I didn’t go straight for Space 220. As it turns out, in the time it took me to reserve Oga’s, all the available reservations for Space 220 were gone. (I missed it.) Oh, well, we will be with Rex at 7:15 PM.

I’m up early and purchase Rise for around 10:45. I then go for a FastPass for Smuggler’s Run, and snag that around 1:15 PM. The two biggies are out of the way.
    Fully dressed in her Rebel Attire, we decide we will eat breakfast in Galaxy’s Edge. On the bus, our two seats are available behind the bus driver again, and we’re off.

Stopped at security again for extended bag check, we enter the park and go straight for Ronto Roasters. I get the Ronto Morning Wrap. If that was available here in Pittsburgh, that would be my go-to breakfast. I absolutely loved it. Delicious. Sophia had the Triple Suns Breakfast Wrap. (Again, with the heathier option.)

We shop and explore. I tell her to download PlayDisney because there’s games she can participate in while exploring Galaxy’s Edge. She’s into it.

We ride “Rise” again. This time, I can absorb more of the details. For example, I see where the blasters are striking near us and making marks. I hear the “Rebels,” communicating on the other side of the wall as they prepare to break us out of our confinement. I see the battle taking place outside the windows as we are fleeing. A Storm Trooper gets hit. The Plasma Cannons recoil after firing. So much detail.
    This isn’t a ride. It’s not even an attraction. It’s an “Immersive Experience.” So thankful to ride it twice.

Fully ensconced in her game, Sophia approaches one of the Cast Members for assistance.
    “Hi. I’m one of the Rebels and I want to help. How do I do that?”
    “If you were truly part of the Rebel Alliance, you’d already know!”

BOOM!!!!

I love it. We search for the QPR codes she scans into her phone for points. (I truly don’t think she knows what she’s doing, but she’s having fun so who cares?) When we’re in the Market Place, I find a really cool, matted black, Black Spires coffee mug. I tell her I’m getting that later before we leave because I always on every trip purchase ONE COFFEE MUG to remind me of the vacation. I have been looking for that certain mug the entire trip. The one that encapsulates the vacation. This is it. We take plenty of pictures, scan codes, interact with the Storm Troopers, listen to the ambient sounds, that make it seem fighters are landing behind the rocks. She’s just loving it. At 11:00, I get us a FastPass for Midway Mania at around 12:40 PM. We shop and I get a really nice teal Star Wars shirt. Now, I’m just an enjoyer of the franchise. I’m not fanatical, but this is a really nice shirt.

We leave and go to Woody’s Lunch Box for lunch, then hop in line for Midway. While we are in line, I notice Disney going above and beyond. There is a special needs child in a very intricate wheelchair. Disney has a modified vehicle, which is currently “off line.” They can take their time with the ride vehicle and remove seats and secure the passenger with accompanying family without disturbing the ride’s flow through. Once everyone is secure, they will move the vehicle into the rotation. I’m in tears, watching. This is where Disney shines. So many Cast Members are assisting so this individual can enjoy the same happiness you and I take for granted everyday!!!! Super Shout Out to Disney!!!!!

For the record, I crush her!

The heat is beating down and Sophia wants to go back to Galaxy’s Edge and just sit. After the touchpoints, I was able to get us FastPasses for Tower around 3:50 PM.
    We re-enter Galaxy’s Edge and head to Smuggler’s Run. There are so many QPR Codes for her to scan, it’s becoming annoying. I tell her, our score from this attraction gets added to her game so fly straight. The level of detail, heading into the ride vehicle is so terrific. I’d be happy just exploring. Our score is pretty good…UNTIL YOU SUBTRACT THE DAMAGES!!!! Lol.

Next up is Savi’s Workshop. We enter into the staging area. Back when I reserved this, I gave them a credit card so in my mind, I already paid for this. WRONG!!! Just reserved. Before I got my “ACCESS CARD” and “SHIELD,” I nearly fell over when they said, “That will be $469!!!

“Dad?!?!”

Oh, well, you’re only here once every two years. My daughter chose the Peace and Justice group, while I chose the Elemental Nature series.

We enter. The curator of the shop is very theatrical, making this an enjoyable event. (I was in theatre so I appreciate when someone gets “into character.”) She tells us, the Kyber Crystal will “call to us.” I’m planning on Blue calling me. My daughter wants Green. But as they pass the crystals around, it is the RED that calls me!!!! (Let’s face it. If you’ve been reading my Trip Reports, you know there’s pure evil in me!!!!!) Apparently, I’m going to the Dark Side.

We assemble our sabers. Yoda speaks from beyond. Then, we all power our sabers in unison and lift them upward. It was great!!! (Not sure if it’s $469 great, but great nonetheless.)

We get our protective carrying cases and head out. As we are leaving, one Rebel Cast Member warns me I might want to carry my light saber in the other direction.

“I’d hate to see your Rancor Tooth get broken.
    “How did you know he had a Rancor Tooth?” my daughter asks. After all, it’s in its case.
    She noticed my pin and it was a good bet if I’m from Elemental Nature series, I got the Rancor Tooth, which I did. She had her ears up!!!

I buy my coffee mug. We stop back at the gift shop outside Star Tours and decide to have the Light Sabers shipped home. Better safe than confiscated at Orlando Airport. (Although, on the plane, we saw someone with their light saber.)

We ride Muppets while we’re in the area. Such a cute, cute attraction. And getting out of the heat felt good, too. Next, we hit nearly every shop on our way to Tower, looking for a Daisy plushy. No luck. Tower is just as good this time as the first time we rode it. As soon as I passed the touchpoints, I started looking for a FastPass for Runaway. I refresh a few times before snagging one around 6:45. Our Oga’s Cantina reservations are for 7:15 PM. We can enter Runaway five minutes early, but we are cutting things closely. Moreover, we have dinner reservations at Maria & Enzo’s that I modify and move back.

We stop for ice cream. Hit a few more stores, then at exactly five minutes before our window, we buzz in to Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway. As soon as we are out, we high-tail it back to Galaxy’s Edge and Oga’s. On the way in, my daughter says, “You will never find and more wretched hive of scum and villany.” The Cast Member says, “Speaking of scum and villany, right this way.” We get a standing wall counter, not a table. And I meant to order the charcuterie board, but ordered the pretzel and crackers instead. Stupid me. We had some weird space drinks, listened to Rex, then left. On the way out, I told a Cast Member, “There’s some hot shot pilot, bragging how he did the Kessel Run in under 12 Parsecs in there.” I think my humor was lost on her. She just stared at me. (I thought it was clever.)

TO BE CONTINUED!
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

2. Thanks PopPhan, Jeff, faline thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you were clever too.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it was a fun - though price - day (and your day isn't even finished yet)!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: