Quantcast Disney Launches New Business to Develop Residential Communities

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Launches New Business to Develop Residential Communities

Name:  inline.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  23.0 KB

Disney Launches New Business to Develop Residential Communities

Storyliving by Disney will feature distinctively designed spaces, unique amenities and world-renowned service. First community to be developed in Rancho Mirage, Calif.; additional U.S. locations under exploration. All will cater to those looking to write next chapter of their lives with Disney

BURBANK, Calif. (Feb. 16, 2022) – As more and more fans look for new ways to make Disney a bigger part of their lives, the company today announced plans to introduce Storyliving by Disney, vibrant new neighborhoods that are infused with the company’s special brand of magic. These master-planned communities are intended to inspire residents to foster new friendships, pursue their interests and write the next exciting chapter in their lives—all while enjoying the attention to detail, unique amenities and special touches that are Disney hallmarks.

The first Storyliving by Disney community will be built in Rancho Mirage, in California’s Coachella Valley—a location where Walt Disney himself owned a home and would spend leisure time with his family. Additional locations in the U.S. are under exploration for future development.

“For nearly 100 years, Disney has shared stories that have touched the hearts and minds of people all around the world,” said Josh D’Amaro, chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. “As we prepare to enter our second century, we are developing new and exciting ways to bring the magic of Disney to people wherever they are, expanding storytelling to storyliving. We can’t wait to welcome residents to these beautiful and unique Disney communities where they can live their lives to the fullest.”

At each location, including some neighborhoods for residents ages 55+, Disney Cast Members trained in the company’s legendary guest service will operate the community association. Through a club membership, Disney will also provide access to curated experiences, such as wellness programming; entertainment ranging from live performances to cooking classes; philanthropic endeavors; seminars and much more.

This material contains general information about future proposed community plans which are subject to change or cancellation at any time without notice.  Club membership, programming, and access and use of future proposed amenities and offerings, will require the payment of dues and/or fees and be subject to additional terms and conditions, which will be set by the owner of the club. Availability of club membership and operation of club facilities are not guaranteed. Disney is not the developer of Cotino, a Storyliving by Disney community or the builder or seller of homes within Storyliving by Disney communities. The parties developing, and building homes in, Storyliving by Disney communities are independently owned and operated. This does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation to buy, real estate to residents of any state or jurisdiction where prohibited by law, or where prior registration is required, but has not yet been fulfilled.  Equal Housing Opportunity. Broker participation welcome.  See storylivingbydisney.com for full details.  [Page Pierce, DRE License No. 02161670]
    Last edited by John; 02-16-2022 at 09:45 AM.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you all think? I wanted to hate this idea but the more I thought about it - isn't this sort of what EPCOT was about and part of Walt's vision?
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I would LIKE to like this idea, but for some reason I just can't get over the thought that it is a glorified DVC 'offering.' Maybe because I am just jealous that I could never afford the 'membership' fees, let alone the home price. I guess I'll have to hold off until more info is availabe on initial pricing and HOA/Membership 'fees.'
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

5. Likes John liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    What do you all think? I wanted to hate this idea but the more I thought about it - isn't this sort of what EPCOT was about and part of Walt's vision?
    That is exactly what I thought too. It does sound an awful lot like the original EPCOT vision. To be honest, I expect it to have the same outcome. I really think Disney is stepping outside their wheelhouse on this one. The only way I see this being successful is if it is more of a "retirement community" rather than subdivisions with a Disney theme. At the end of the day, when it comes to homes now, average Americans are notorious for buying the cheapest house that has the looks inside and out without focusing enough on the quality of the build and materials. That is why we have so many large scale corporate homebuilders now.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like another shot at what “Celebration” was supposed to be!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Go watch the video by Brandon on "Mickey Views" at YouTube.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

I want to like this idea also, but I can't. I've seen how they have run the parks the wrong way. I don't want them having control over my house.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Another person here who wants to like the idea, but it just seems.... weird. Getting into the housing market and HOAs and wellness centers is so entirely different than what they do now. I think they excel at delivering the magic at their parks and resorts. If something goes wrong there's always an opportunity to make it right, even for short stays. But claiming you can deliver the magic in a permanent home situation? That just sounds disastrous. We've all heard nightmare HOA stories. No doubt it will be out of the average person's reach to buy into and if someone feels Disney's planned community isn't delivering, can you imagine? Sorry, I'm not usually negative, especially with ideas for things that we don't even know how they'll play out, but this just sounds like a bad one. It will be interesting to see if they move forward with this, or if they expand beyond the original location.
    Susanne

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: