Quantcast Magic Bands
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us
     

INTERCOT Ads
 

 
 

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Magic Bands

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Posts
    617
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Magic Bands

    Hi

    We are traveling with my sister and her hubby in October. They haven't been to WDW in YEARS so I am certain they do not own any magic bands.

    Do they HAVE to buy some, or will they get an old fashioned ticket to get into the parks, pay for things, get into their room....etc?
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

    12:POR
    14:POR

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wellington, CO
    Posts
    1,371
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You can now use your phone to open your door to your room and for your admission to the parks. It just needs to be linked to your My Disney Experience app. The only one I am not sure about is being able to pay things. We still use our Magic Bands for that

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Posts
    617
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy 1 View Post
    You can now use your phone to open your door to your room and for your admission to the parks. It just needs to be linked to your My Disney Experience app. The only one I am not sure about is being able to pay things. We still use our Magic Bands for that
    Thanks! Do you know if they would be able to pay for things with their ticket? Or would they just use their case or credit card?
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

    12:POR
    14:POR

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    8,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by We LOVE Disney View Post
    Thanks! Do you know if they would be able to pay for things with their ticket? Or would they just use their case or credit card?
    This is a really good question! I had to do some digging (I was very curious about the answer) and it appears that YES, they can use their "ticket" to pay for items. Deep in the Disney site it says:

    You can use your MagicBand or card to:
    Unlock the door of your Disney Resort hotel room.
    Enter theme and water parks (with valid admission).
    Connect Disney PhotoPass images to your account.
    Charge food and merchandise purchases to your Disney Resort hotel room (only available during your hotel stay).
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Nightlife, Shopping & Waterparks, Collectibles


    Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Posts
    617
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    This is a really good question! I had to do some digging (I was very curious about the answer) and it appears that YES, they can use their "ticket" to pay for items. Deep in the Disney site it says:

    You can use your MagicBand or card to:
    Unlock the door of your Disney Resort hotel room.
    Enter theme and water parks (with valid admission).
    Connect Disney PhotoPass images to your account.
    Charge food and merchandise purchases to your Disney Resort hotel room (only available during your hotel stay).
    Nice! Thank you!!
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

    12:POR
    14:POR

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edwardsville, IL
    Posts
    6,555
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just got back from a wonderful week at Disney World. I have an extra piece of advice. Even if you have a Magic Band, you should also get a card at check in. Wendy at Magical Journeys suggested this to me and it's a good thing I followed her advice. My son's Magic Band flew off on the Dinosaur ride and luckily we had his extra card with us. It was easy for him to just switch over and use that for room entry, charging and entry into our Genie+ rides.
    Diane
    ~.*.*.*.*.*.~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site