Quantcast Fast Pass/Genie Plus

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fast Pass/Genie Plus

When are the new fast passes starting?

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

2. Thanks LarryBoy thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There is still no firm date from Disney. Lots of thoughts and rumours, but nothing solid yet.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Have to half wonder if they are modifying the program based on the initial overwhelmingly bad reaction they got on social. I guess time will tell - but like Heather said - no firm date or announcement yet.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

6. Likes PopPhan, Jeff, LarryBoy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonder no more....it looks like it going live on October 19th.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha whoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

So am I understanding correctly that you can download Genie for free, and then upgrade to Genie Plus for trip days if you're wanting to pay for FastPasses?
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    So am I understanding correctly that you can download Genie for free, and then upgrade to Genie Plus for trip days if you're wanting to pay for FastPasses?
    They suggest you download the app either way as it is also useful as a daily planner.

10. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer:
    Genie is a free planning app for Disney Parks. You get no 'rides' for this option.

Genie+ is a $15/person/day add-on that works like the original FastPass paper tickets - Get one, then use it, or get into the 'window,' before you can get another one. You can only get ONE per attraction per day, but you CAN use it if you park hop.

Individual Attraction Selection(s) are the third option. This allows you to 'pay per ride' for up to two attractions per day that are not on the Genie+ list and are not currently using a 'virtual queue.' These would be the two top "E-Ticket" rides in each park. Rates for these selections run from about $8 to about $15 and depend upon availability, crowd levels, and day of the week.

Just as an aside....Since this is/was my 3,000th post, I just have to say....
    "I Love You 3,000!!!!" LOL
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

12. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofyskier View Post
    They suggest you download the app either way as it is also useful as a daily planner.
    Its not a daily planner. It is Disney's crowd control tool.

14. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    Its not a daily planner. It is Disney's crowd control tool.
    I can tell you ar huge fan of this new tool

Post Thanks / Like

I updated the MyDisneyExperience app and took a look around as though I was there. I was expecting to hate it, but in fact it seems rather useful. It appears you can fairly effectively plan your day, during the day of your park experience rather than guess at the 60-day mark.

I looked at ROTR times. None available for purchase at 2:30, but standby was 70 minutes and if I REALLY wanted to ride that attraction (which I do because I never have,) I’d wait the time. The last time I was there, I had three attempts at securing a boarding pass and came up empty three times.

I looked at some dining. Oga’s Cantina has an available dining reservation. Counter-service has mobile window times very close to the actual time so either it is not very crowded or this is a useful tool.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post

Long answer:
    Genie is a free planning app for Disney Parks. You get no 'rides' for this option.

Genie+ is a $15/person/day add-on that works like the original FastPass paper tickets - Get one, then use it, or get into the 'window,' before you can get another one. You can only get ONE per attraction per day, but you CAN use it if you park hop.

Individual Attraction Selection(s) are the third option. This allows you to 'pay per ride' for up to two attractions per day that are not on the Genie+ list and are not currently using a 'virtual queue.' These would be the two top "E-Ticket" rides in each park. Rates for these selections run from about $8 to about $15 and depend upon availability, crowd levels, and day of the week.

Okay, I'm confused about that 2nd paragraph. So you pay $15 per day, per person and you can then book FPs, except for the two premium rides in each park. But, you can only book one FP at a time? Then you can book your next one either after you've used it or while you're in the window for the first one? Can you just keep booking them after you use them or is there a daily limit? Can you book your first one before you're in the park? Thanks!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I'm confused about that 2nd paragraph. So you pay $15 per day, per person and you can then book FPs, except for the two premium rides in each park. But, you can only book one FP at a time? Then you can book your next one either after you've used it or while you're in the window for the first one? Can you just keep booking them after you use them or is there a daily limit? Can you book your first one before you're in the park? Thanks!
    The Genie+ gives you the exact same experience as the original 'paper' FastPass. You can book one attraction at a time, then either use the the 'booking' or wait two hours before booking another. It IS the original FastPass in all ways except for not being 'free.'

You can book your first attraction at 7am IF you are staying in a Disney or 'Good Neighbor' resort/hotel. If not, you can only book at park opening.

There is no limit as to how many Genie+ attractions you can book in a day, but due to the 120 minute between bookings, or having to use your current one first, you may not get that many in.

One qualifier: You can only book a Genie+ attraction ONCE PER DAY. So, if you want to ride Haunted Mansion twice in the same day, you can book it once through Genie+, but you will have to use Stand-By to ride it again.

Just to reiterate: Genie+ is in effect EXACTLY like the original paper FastPass system. You just pay $15/day/person (plus tax of $0.98/person.)

EDIT: One interesting (?) thing, though....IF you have Park Hoppers you can book Genie+ attractions in you 'hop to' park before you get there. Example: You have a park reservation for Magic Kingdom but want to book a Genie+ slot for Kilimanjaro Safaris for after 2pm. You can do this after opening time for Animal Kingdom. For some reason, they will still allow you to book Genie+ attractions in MK, following the standard procedures (one at a time, 120 minute blocking window.)

Yes, there IS some 'weirdness' to the whole thing, but if you used the original paper FP system, you should have a good idea on how it works.
    Last edited by PopPhan; 10-24-2021 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Additional information
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

19. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy cow! I hope it works just like the old FastPass system but it has taken me three times of reading the descriptions and some FAQ explanations to try to understand it all.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post

Long answer:

Congrats on the 3,000th!!

Just want to add -- I read somewhere that your "two hours" between bookings only starts after park opening. So for example, if you book a Genie+ ride for something at 7:00 am (because you're staying at a resort, so are able to do so), you don't get to book your next thing at 9:00 am. You get to book it 2 hours after park opening.

22. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While studying Genie and Genie+ for my January vacation I found some pretty funny videos on YouTube of people following exactly what Genie tells them to do.

I'm glad to not have to run to FassPass machines to be told when I can come back and ride, but it sure is taking me a long time to study Genie+ and try to figure out how to work it to my benefit. I think I've got it now, but I'm certainly not going to follow Genie's plan!
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

24. Likes PopPhan liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: