Quantcast Disney tells salaried and non-union employees in the U.S. they must be vaccinated

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney tells salaried and non-union employees in the U.S. they must be vaccinated

From cnbc: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/disn...accinated.html

Disney tells salaried and non-union employees in the U.S. they must be vaccinated by end of September

The Walt Disney Company said Friday it is requiring all salaried and non-union hourly employees in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the end of September.

Employees who are still working from home will be required to provide verification of vaccination prior to returning to any Disney sites, including theme parks and offices.

Disney said it has begun conversations with the unions that represent its other employees, particularly those that work at its theme parks.

“Vaccines are the best tool we all have to help control this global pandemic and protect our employees,” the company said in a statement.

The notice comes shortly after Disney said it would begin requiring theme parks guests to wear masks while in indoor locations at its domestic theme parks regardless of vaccine status.

This policy was put in place after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reversed course and recommended that fully vaccinated people begin wearing masks indoors again in places with high Covid transmission rates. These hot spots include states like California and Florida where Disney’s U.S. parks are located.

The CDC warned Thursday that the delta variant sweeping across the country is as contagious as chickenpox. It also has a longer transmission window than the original Covid-19 strain and may make older people sicker, even if they’ve been fully vaccinated.

Other companies that have instituted new vaccination policies include Google, Facebook and Walmart.

Disney has updated its safety policies in accordance with local health regulations both domestically and internationally since the pandemic began. Most recently, the company began requiring proof of a Covid vaccination or a negative Covid test prior to entry at its Paris-based theme park based on French guidelines.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2. Likes PopPhan, Wayne liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is horrible.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

If children need to have certain immunizations before starting school, and certain areas of travel need certain immunizations before going there, I see no problem with this. Had this been done immediately after the EUA for the vaccines was granted, I might say differently, but we are 10 months into use of the vaccines and extremely few negative reactions have been reported, other than the same types of things you can get from flu shots.

With the number of cases rising in Florida (and other states as well) protection for their employees and visitors should be their first priority.

I know I will catch a lot of flack for this, but it is my opinion and I stand by it.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

5. Thanks Wayne, TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes cubbie, Wayne, TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    If children need to have certain immunizations before starting school, and certain areas of travel need certain immunizations before going there, I see no problem with this. Had this been done immediately after the EUA for the vaccines was granted, I might say differently, but we are 10 months into use of the vaccines and extremely few negative reactions have been reported, other than the same types of things you can get from flu shots.

With the number of cases rising in Florida (and other states as well) protection for their employees and visitors should be their first priority.

I know I will catch a lot of flack for this, but it is my opinion and I stand by it.
    And I'll stand there with you.

When your "freedom of choice" regarding getting the vaccine interferes with DH's medical treatment if he has a heart attack, that "freedom of choice" ends. I've heard of too many hospitals who've had to turn people away because they're full/overwhelmed caring for the unvaccinated with Covid. And DH is at very high risk of cardiac issues, so this scares me.

7. Likes PopPhan, TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
    And I'll stand there with you.

When your "freedom of choice" regarding getting the vaccine interferes with DH's medical treatment if he has a heart attack, that "freedom of choice" ends. I've heard of too many hospitals who've had to turn people away because they're full/overwhelmed caring for the unvaccinated with Covid. And DH is at very high risk of cardiac issues, so this scares me.
    I just wanted to reassure you with the knowledge that emergency rooms cannot legally refuse you if you are having a medical emergency.
    A lot of people go to the ER who should not be there. Emergency rooms are for people who are at risk of dying, like your DH. Often, people use them as urgent cares or primary care doctors which causes a whole host of other issues that I hate to open up here. If people are being refused, they are not having a medical emergency and need to go to another, more appropriate, source of healthcare.
    It is called EMTALA - Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act - if you would like to read up on it in order to be reassured.

9. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with PopPhan. Businesses need to safeguard their customers and their associates. If that means making vaccinations mandatory for continued employment, then so be it.
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it - Mark Twain

11. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm sure you knew I was going to pop in here and disagree with you. :P

This is still in the testing phase. It normally takes YEARS of testing before they decide things can be used in the general population. The last big push for a mRNA vaccine against HIV was shown to increase your chances of getting HIV TWO years after they started giving it to large populations of adults. There are reasons trials go on for so long. I'm not saying that those who want it shouldn't get it. I'm just saying that 10 months really isn't a long time in the grand scheme of trials. That really isn't enough time to see long term effects.

People have freedoms. Children can get waivers to attend school without their vaccines, and these are vaccines that have been around a long time with proven efficacy. They still can have bad side effects. People shouldn't be forced into taking something that they don't want, much less something that was only given emergency use approval.

13. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    People have freedoms. Children can get waivers to attend school without their vaccines, and these are vaccines that have been around a long time with proven efficacy. They still can have bad side effects. People shouldn't be forced into taking something that they don't want, much less something that was only given emergency use approval.
    It's a perceived freedom. The injection that this country is getting is too much uncle Joe and his evil cronies stealing the rights of US citizens. I'm with you, Until the FDA formally approves this vax then it is unproven. I'm not opposed to the vaccine. I got the vaccine, but it's really no one's business but my own. If they can do this then what's next for the government to impose on your body? I'm sure some know where I'm headed with this, but I'll refrain for the good of the site and the conversation.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    If they can do this then what's next for the government to impose on your body?
    It's not the 'government' imposing in this case, it is the business. Businesses can impose pretty much any rules and regulations for their employees. If the employees don't like it, they can leave. It reall IS that simple.

I'm not going to fight the "R's & D's" of your statement, because this is NOT the place for such discussions.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

16. Thanks Wayne, TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m glad the potential for me to get a Disney associate sick during our December trip will be lower and vice versa.

18. Thanks Wayne, TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, Wayne, TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    It's not the 'government' imposing in this case, it is the business. Businesses can impose pretty much any rules and regulations for their employees. If the employees don't like it, they can leave. It reall IS that simple.

I'm not going to fight the "R's & D's" of your statement, because this is NOT the place for such discussions.
    Businesses and quasi-government agencies anymore and vice-versa. Look no further than Facebook, Google and Twitter. Sure it seems like a nice idea when they ask you to round up at the register, but do you really know where that money is going? It's all part of their agenda to drive their programs. Business used to be about making money and pleasing the shareholder. However businesses, including Disney, have gotten too big that they can push their social narratives and make money all while squeezing competition and making life worse for the average citizen. Like you said, it's not about D's and R's. The government is evil and we need to take back our rights as citizens.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

20. Dislikes Wayne disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And now let the lawsuits begin. lol

22. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is exhausting, and I've been called to the carpet here for posting things less inflammatory than this. It's largely why I don't really frequent Intercot anymore.

If anyone is interested in engaging in a discussion on why COVID vaccines are safe, the government isn't trying to ruin your life, and that government and businesses not only can mandate vaccines but have a *responsibility* to do so, then feel free to DM me. Or shoot me an email at [email protected].
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

24. Thanks PopPhan, Wayne, baldburke, TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    This is exhausting, and I've been called to the carpet here for posting things less inflammatory than this. It's largely why I don't really frequent Intercot anymore.

If anyone is interested in engaging in a discussion on why COVID vaccines are safe, the government isn't trying to ruin your life, and that government and businesses not only can mandate vaccines but have a *responsibility* to do so, then feel free to DM me. Or shoot me an email at [email protected].
    I don’t think this is very inflammatory and personally….I wish Disney would also require all Park Guests that are able to get the vaccine and do not have a medical, religious or age exemption to have the vaccine before entering the park. The sooner we reach a 90 percent vaccination level the sinner this all ends.

PS - Covid Vaccines are safe and effective. Disagree with my stance on it being required….as long as we start with understanding the Covid Vaccines are safe and effective…and….are not designed to track you, alter your DNA or do anything else other than help prevent the spread of Covid.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha whoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

26. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post

Ditto! Over the past year+ I've largely avoided this site as well. The horrible things people were posting that were simply allowed to stand blew me away. I was definitely called out on the carpet once or twice for even coming close to something sounding political. Clearly that rule is out the window now.
    Susanne

28. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If current COVID is such a concern then where's all the news on ventilators and building makeshift hospital space like we saw in Spring 2020? Joe Biden is going to ride COVID as long as he can because he's failed in every other facet and afraid to speak on anything. His handlers are making darn sure of that!
    Beth & David

30. Likes RunDMV liked this post
    Dislikes PopPhan disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    If current COVID is such a concern then where's all the news on ventilators and building makeshift hospital space like we saw in Spring 2020? Joe Biden is going to ride COVID as long as he can because he's failed in every other facet and afraid to speak on anything. His handlers are making darn sure of that!
    With regards to ventilators...there was a major scale up in manufacturing anticipating a long term need for ventilators. This demand started just after Covid hit and continues to this day. You are not reading about it because we now have the capacity to manufacture them at the level needed meaning manufacturing is not a problem.

With regards to make-shift hospital space....Idaho is currently housing individuals in classrooms due to a lack of space. Florida up until a few weeks ago was exploring the same.

I am not sure how either of these fit into the discussion at hand other than it shows Covid is still a problem worldwide and Companies are right in mandating vaccines to help end this pandemic.

32. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Dislikes baldburke, RunDMV disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofyskier View Post
    With regards to ventilators...there was a major scale up in manufacturing anticipating a long term need for ventilators. This demand started just after Covid hit and continues to this day. You are not reading about it because we now have the capacity to manufacture them at the level needed meaning manufacturing is not a problem.

With regards to make-shift hospital space....Idaho is currently housing individuals in classrooms due to a lack of space. Florida up until a few weeks ago was exploring the same.

I am not sure how either of these fit into the discussion at hand other than it shows Covid is still a problem worldwide and Companies are right in mandating vaccines to help end this pandemic.
    Do you mean they are housing patients in classrooms? I really hope you don't mean that, because that is complete medical malpractice. If a hospital cannot handle a patient load, they are to transfer the patients to another hospital, NOT put them in a classroom.

The news about ventilators and makeshift hospitals was a lot of hype. As a country, we never reached the crisis that the media was going on about.

34. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post

The news about ventilators and makeshift hospitals was a lot of hype. As a country, we never reached the crisis that the media was going on about.
    Exactly. We are nowhere even close to a crisis now either but the media sure does play it up. My position on this past year and a half is this....If a disease like Covid 19 with such a low death rate put our healthcare system in the crisis that the media portrays, we will be in big trouble if a real crisis ever comes along. If our hospitals had truly been overloaded, we need to take a real hard look at how to be prepared for a real crisis and how hospitals should handle them.

The first step would be to stop allowing people to use the Emergency rooms as their personal doctor. The Emergency rooms have been overloaded for one reason and one reason only. It is because the media has the people that will listen to them, terrified that if they caught covid they will die in a few days so they run to the emergency room every time they feel simply tired. The other thing they should not have done is admit everyone that walks through the door and tests positive for covid. Unless they are in respiratory distress, send them home to rest. There......I just solved most of the problems with the load on our hospitals. lol

36. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    Exactly. We are nowhere even close to a crisis now either but the media sure does play it up. My position on this past year and a half is this....If a disease like Covid 19 with such a low death rate put our healthcare system in the crisis that the media portrays, we will be in big trouble if a real crisis ever comes along. If our hospitals had truly been overloaded, we need to take a real hard look at how to be prepared for a real crisis and how hospitals should handle them.

The first step would be to stop allowing people to use the Emergency rooms as their personal doctor. The Emergency rooms have been overloaded for one reason and one reason only. It is because the media has the people that will listen to them, terrified that if they caught covid they will die in a few days so they run to the emergency room every time they feel simply tired. The other thing they should not have done is admit everyone that walks through the door and tests positive for covid. Unless they are in respiratory distress, send them home to rest. There......I just solved most of the problems with the load on our hospitals. lol
    You left out the part that vaccines are a safe and effective way to help prevent the spread of Covid and that those individuals going to hospitals would have one less worry if they are vaccinated. Look at that….I just helped end the pandemic.

38. Thanks Wayne thanked for this post
    Likes Wayne liked this post
    Dislikes baldburke disliked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: