Quantcast Insider Info
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us
     

INTERCOT Ads
 

 
 

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Insider Info

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Insider Info

    I am just curious if anyone has any insider info as to Disney's next steps at WDW? We are scheduled to go mid-June, but I've got to say that I'm less than thrilled about this trip. Due to my children's school schedules we have limited options this year and we're DVC so its a use or loose sort of situation.

    I believe that currently parks are running at about 35% capacity and a park hopper option means that you can "request" a second park for the afternoon/evening, but that's only based on availability. Plus there's the whole having to plan your parks ahead of time. It's just not a great scene.

    I wouldn't even mind wearing a mask, it's just too little flexibility and that's what we've come to like about our WDW visits. Our kids are are older (late teens/early 20s) and sometimes we don't want to go to the park first thing in the morning. Sometimes they want to go to Epcot at nights for drinks.

    Florida is basically open for business, but I'm just wondering what Disney's next steps might be and when they'll come. I'm sure Disney would love to have more of mine and other people's money. Thanks!
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL
    , 06/21 BLT

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wellington, CO
    Posts
    1,325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Disney has stated that reservations for the parks are here until 2023. As far as any other updates to how they are running it is still a very fluid situation. I know that more cast members are being brought back to work every week. As far as increasing capacity that will most likely happen without it being announced. Everything is happening very slowly. To slow for my cast member daughter who is still waiting for a callback

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have seen someone post that Disney World wouldn't risk being considered the epicenter of an outbreak due to California's reluctance to open Disneyland. I can see the logic in that, so they probably won't do too much until Disneyland is on firm footing.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  5. Likes PopPhan liked this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy 1 View Post
    Disney has stated that reservations for the parks are here until 2023. As far as any other updates to how they are running it is still a very fluid situation. I know that more cast members are being brought back to work every week. As far as increasing capacity that will most likely happen without it being announced. Everything is happening very slowly. To slow for my cast member daughter who is still waiting for a callback
    I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's predicament. Hopefully she's back to work soon! I'm okay with the reservations...I guess. I'm just hoping that they open for additional capacity. We currently only have options for DHS on the day we arrive and the day we leave, so not great if you wanted to try and hit ROTR. Plus it would be nice to get some better assurance around hopping to a second park before sending the money on hoppers.
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL
    , 06/21 BLT

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    2,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy 1 View Post
    Disney has stated that reservations for the parks are here until 2023. As far as any other updates to how they are running it is still a very fluid situation. I know that more cast members are being brought back to work every week. As far as increasing capacity that will most likely happen without it being announced. Everything is happening very slowly. To slow for my cast member daughter who is still waiting for a callback
    I have heard that they're actually running at 50% capacity at this point. But that's just a rumor.
    2002 - 2017: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, offsite x4)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - May 2021 offsite

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    I have heard that they're actually running at 50% capacity at this point. But that's just a rumor.
    My massage therapist was just there two weeks ago. She said the crowds felt like a normal day.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    My massage therapist was just there two weeks ago. She said the crowds felt like a normal day.
    I suppose that's a good thing. We just booked our parks for the week but are holding off on hoppers for the time being. At this time the parks list to close between 6pm and 8pm while we're there so I don't see any reason to get hoppers at this point. We'll keep an eye out. My sister's family is also going at the same time and she said they're treating it as if they went over a holiday week. Set the bar low and if it ends up better than expected then consider it a win. Thanks!
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL
    , 06/21 BLT

  10. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
  11. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Batuu
    Posts
    23,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    I am just curious if anyone has any insider info as to Disney's next steps at WDW? We are scheduled to go mid-June, but I've got to say that I'm less than thrilled about this trip. Due to my children's school schedules we have limited options this year and we're DVC so its a use or loose sort of situation.

    I believe that currently parks are running at about 35% capacity and a park hopper option means that you can "request" a second park for the afternoon/evening, but that's only based on availability. Plus there's the whole having to plan your parks ahead of time. It's just not a great scene.

    I wouldn't even mind wearing a mask, it's just too little flexibility and that's what we've come to like about our WDW visits. Our kids are are older (late teens/early 20s) and sometimes we don't want to go to the park first thing in the morning. Sometimes they want to go to Epcot at nights for drinks.

    Florida is basically open for business, but I'm just wondering what Disney's next steps might be and when they'll come. I'm sure Disney would love to have more of mine and other people's money. Thanks!
    Don't look for Disney to get back to normal until 2022, AT LEAST.
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Batuu
    Posts
    23,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I have seen someone post that Disney World wouldn't risk being considered the epicenter of an outbreak due to California's reluctance to open Disneyland. I can see the logic in that, so they probably won't do too much until Disneyland is on firm footing.
    Disney was begging to open Disneyland... California wouldn't give the green light... Now that they can open, Disney is retraining CMs, and making sure their safety protocols are in place...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  13. Likes Cinderelley liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site